Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis: Officially Retiring (merge)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Derakynn said:

Really glad the Colts didn't have to make the decision. I will definitely miss watching him play. 

Totally agree with this. I have to think Rob that the way Reggie's career ended had to influence his thinking, too. Glad to see Rob will go out with class & dignity while being showered with gratitude from Colts fans everywhere.

Great career, #98.

If Robert wants to continue in football as a coach,  then I hope the Colts make that happen.

Even if he wants to take a year off first to be with the family.       I'm good with that too.

But guys like Mathis you want to keep around.     They can still have an impact on the younger players.

44 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Man Adam V. Is now "last of the mohicans" isn't he?

Thing about him is though is that he's still about as good as always.  He can still drill 50+ yard field goals.

Seems like he can just keep playing til he gets tired of showing up and kicking a ball.  

43 minutes ago, scousecolt said:

Him and Freeney are what drew me to the Colts as a kid. 10+ years on sad to see him retire. Devestating when he wanted to be.

Man, do I miss the bookends, those 2, you knew one of them was gonna get to the QB, and the fact that Mathis played a 4-3 DE and then to a 3-4 OLB and still was a beast is a testament to his skill and character