Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you do now?

bap1331

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to resist rushing to judgment on Robinson a #2 CB. New city, new coaches, new scheme and limited practice due to injury.  I think that position may get much better. Rookies Morrison, Maggitt, Ridgeway & Green are all getting a lot of reps, so improved play should be expected.

Kelly, Haeg, Rogers and Swoope will all improve as well going forward.  I leave Ferguson for last, because I just don't see why he's getting any reps.

31 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Why?  More wins mean we probably keep Pagano and Grigson and this team's outlook is bleak.  More losses mean we get rid of that dead weight and we get a better draft position

Don't even try 21 its pointless our fan base would rather become perineal losers then get back to being a force in the AFC your concept is way to complex for them to grasp. 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Don't even try 21 its pointless our fan base would rather become perineal losers then get back to being a force in the AFC your concept is way to complex for them to grasp. 

Playing with fire. You can't predict the future. What if Luck gets hurt next year and never returns to form? We just tanked this season and essentially wasted our last year with our franchise QB. Colts need to win when they can and draft responsibly.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We win and people still complain. SMH, sad.

Sounds like something my wife and kids would say......   Not sure if you got to see the game or just were told the final during your Lifetime Marathon

Lots to complain about here   LOTS

Just now, Solon said:

Playing with fire. You can't predict the future. What if Luck gets hurt next year and never returns to form? We just tanked this season and essentially wasted our last year with our franchise QB. Colts need to win when they can and draft responsibly.

What does that have to do with anything we can try and get a late team pick or we can suck just a Lil harder then we already do and pick top 5 I don't see the problem here what you people need to realize is we BLOW weather we try or not so make the most of it 

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Sounds like something my wife and kids would say......   Not sure if you got to see the game or just were told the final during your Lifetime Marathon

Lots to complain about here   LOTS

I watched the whole game. It's sad when people claim to be a Colts fan but they want us to lose because of potentially getting a higher Draft pick or they want to us lose because they want Chuck fired. Only 1 season in my lifetime I didn't care if won or lost and that was in 2011 because I knew we would get Luck with the #1 pick.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

What does that have to do with anything we can try and get a late team pick or we can suck just a Lil harder then we already do and pick top 5 I don't see the problem here what you people need to realize is we BLOW weather we try or not so make the most of it 

You're essentially saying toss the season away and get a top 5 pick. I'm saying what if Luck get hurts next season and never returns to form.  How will that help us in the long run? Especially if we're trying to build around him while he's in his prime. You have to think of all the hypotheticals, not just one.

Just now, Solon said:

You're essentially saying toss the season away and get a top 5 pick. I'm saying what if Luck get hurts next season and never returns to form. How will that help us in the long run? Especially if we're trying to build around him while he's in his prime. You have to think of all the hypotheticals, not just one.

So sucking this yearticle while still trying helps us if luck gets hurt how??

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

So sucking this yearticle while still trying helps us if luck gets hurt how??

I'm sorry man, but you're going to have type better. I don't understand what you're trying to say. Say if you tank this season and get a top 5 pick. Now, when next seasons starts, Luck gets hurt and will never be the same. How would that help us in the long run? We tossed away the last season we'll have with our transcendent quarterback for a top 5 pick. Bear in mind this team has a realistic possibility of making the playoffs. 

The Colts defense might be the worst I've seen in awhile. They couldn't stop a nose bleed. Once again they got run all over and let a no name offensive player make a name for himself (Meredith). There's literally no reason to take pride in that win. Once again Luck and Hilton dragged the Colts to victory. This team is beyond garbage though. 

Now Im awaiting to see what excuses the blind Colts fans here try to say to make it seem like this was a good win.

53 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

They gave up 500+ yards to the bears who average 13 points per game

Fire them all.... we should have dismantled the Bears

I'm going to whole heartedly agree with you here. To show this team has capabilities to play in this league, we should have beat this team by 2 td easily at home. Had this win been in Chicago, I would understand a little bit but why is our defense still awful and looks generic, our offensive play calling looks like pep is still calling and creating the plays and we have no true running game? You can't tell me there is not talent to work a respectable defense here. The scheme, is it built with Pags helping or is this Monachino's creation? Other teams play better with less talent all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I'm going to whole heartedly agree with you here. To show this team has capabilities to play in this league, we should have beat this team by 2 td easily at home. Had this win been in Chicago, I would understand a little bit but why is our defense still awful and looks generic, our offensive play calling looks like pep is still calling and creating the plays and we have no true running game? You can't tell me there is not talent to work a respectable defense here. The scheme, is it built with Pags helping or is this Monachino's creation? Other teams play better with less talent all the time. 

I think Pep can be exonerated some because Chud has not been much better so the author of this mess is Pags and his conservative approach.

This team screams for a WC offense with the new oline players and we are a power running and long ball offense

square peg round hole

31 minutes ago, James said:

Yeah, how about you two actually look at what people are really writing. It's about long-term health and future of the franchise, not instant gratification. Try comprehend that it's not about "complaining about winning". It's about so much more.

Winning = increases the likelihood of Irsay thinking it's reasonable to keep both Pagano and Grigson. We either miss the playoffs by one or two wins or barely gets in there and gets embarrassed at home in the wildcard round or the divisional round.. but hey, at least we made the dance, right? You're happy with another AFC South Champs banner?

Then on top of keeping Pagano and Grigson with all their flaws in the coaching, drafting and FA signing department, we miss out on the best prospects in the 2017 draft. You really want the Colts to continue this cycle of mediocrity with Pagano and Grigson? The people who "complain about winning" don't want that. They want more.

I actually did read and all I hear is whining and complaining. You wanna cheer for a losing franchise, go be a browns fan. just because you dont like pagano or grigs doesnt mean you justify why we would even think about winning a game. this isnt a losing season. last I checked losing three games doesnt equal a losing season so stop treating it like it is and looking towards the draft. 

36 minutes ago, Douzer said:

I'm going to resist rushing to judgment on Robinson a #2 CB. New city, new coaches, new scheme and limited practice due to injury.  I think that position may get much better. Rookies Morrison, Maggitt, Ridgeway & Green are all getting a lot of reps, so improved play should be expected.

Kelly, Haeg, Rogers and Swoope will all improve as well going forward.  I leave Ferguson for last, because I just don't see why he's getting any reps.

5 games into the season and you are still defending Patrick Robinson? He should be well adjusted by now. If they could just close the gap in that position. Half of our problems on defense go away. Still need pressure on the QB but those large yard gains on Patrick Robinson REALLY REALLY killed us today.

To be honest, we won. It wasn't pretty nor was it good but we won. Here's another thing you guys fail to realize is that IF we make the playoffs with our "terrible" team that goes to show how good of a coach we have. Also those of you calling to tank even though we have a chance aren't any true fans of anything. I tell you what bad season or good season Pagano or no I want this team to win. That's just my opinion but I can't see myself or any real fan of anything willingly wanting the ship to sink just because they don't like one guy. 

Yeah, the Colts should intentionally lose so they can draft a few slots higher.

Are you kidding me?  Unless you are picking top 10, accumulating a high number of picks is far, far more valuable than just moving up a few spots in the same round.

It looks like the Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Cardinals, Bengals, and Packers, to name a few, have done just fine with winning AND using their picks wisely/accumulating picks.

I literally cannot believe some of the logic, if you can even call it that, that I have seen on display in this thread.

2 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

5 games into the season and you are still defending Patrick Robinson? He should be well adjusted by now. If they could just close the gap in that position. Half of our problems on defense go away. Still need pressure on the QB but those large yard gains on Patrick Robinson REALLY REALLY killed us today.

I may be wrong but Patrick hasn't even played 5 games for us due to injury correct.

14 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I think Pep can be exonerated

I think it's true that this abysmal O-line may have driven Pep to take his chaotic approach.  Even if true, he wasn't a very good play caller.

Is Chud much better?  With this O-line, it's impossible to tell.

3 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Yeah, the Colts should intentionally lose so they can draft a few slots higher.

Are you kidding me?  Unless you are picking top 10, accumulating a high number of picks is far, far more valuable than just moving up a few spots in the same round.

It looks like the Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Cardinals, Bengals, and Packers, to name a few, have done just fine with winning AND using their picks wisely/accumulating picks.

I literally cannot believe some of the logic, if you can even call it that, that I have seen on display in this thread.

Me either, people wanting us to tank when we have a realistic shot to make the Playoffs is just silly. Forget that, I want to win and make the Playoffs. If we pick 21st instead of in the top 10 who cares? Some of the highest Draft picks have been busts anyway. Joey Bosa has been real awesome so far hasn't he?? I think some people want us to lose because they want Chuck and Grigson gone. Others just love to make fun of the team and Troll, JMO.

1 hour ago, bap1331 said:

not necessarily. Patriots and Packers have been in the bottom 5 draft picks for more than a decade and look at their teams. Browns, Titans, and all those shenanigan teams have been in the top 10 and what have they done?!

I concur, draft picks are as only as good as the guy who picks them

We need to keep winning. There's a lot of very raw and young players on our team, up to 7 or 8 starters that don't even have two full seasons played. We need to establish a winning culture. One of the reasons we went on that long unbeaten run against our divisional rivals was because we had the mentality that we don't lose. It's the same mentality we had with Manning and losing to poor teams should not be accepted in the Luck era too, under no circumstances.

29 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I actually did read and all I hear is whining and complaining. You wanna cheer for a losing franchise, go be a browns fan. just because you dont like pagano or grigs doesnt mean you justify why we would even think about winning a game. this isnt a losing season. last I checked losing three games doesnt equal a losing season so stop treating it like it is and looking towards the draft. 

Obviously you don't because you're completely missing and/or avoiding the points I made. Read again. The essence of my post is exactly that I don't want a losing franchise, so your Browns reference makes no sense. I don't want to root for a losing franchise or even a mediocre one, which is what we'll likely continue to be with Grigson and Pagano here.

Their tendencies haven't changed, and they likely won't in the future. So, in reality you are the one who wants to root for long-term mediocrity with frequent, embarrassing blowouts to the Patriots and other actual great, winning franchises, because you want the instant gratification that is a narrow and mistake filled victory vs. the putrid Bears.

Are you satisfied with "winning" against such caliber of teams with no perspective of us taking a step towards being a Super Bowl contender? Last time I checked that called accepting mediocrity. That has absolutely nothing to do with being a winning franchise. I want to cheer for a Super Bowl winning franchise, which is something we evidently can't accomplish under Pagano and Grigson. People like you are wishing for the worst. I you can't realize this, then you are truly lost.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Oh man.......not too excited about the possibility of the playoffs really. Won't lie. I would almost rather it be Houston who gets demolished by NE or Pittsburgh then us.

It's nice to win but this team looks so bad even against bad teams........

Jules can you imagine the NFL records that will be set when we play Pittsburgh?  I mean they had an historic day against us last year and we were actually better last year, 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me either, people wanting us to tank when we have a realistic shot to make the Playoffs is just silly. Forget that, I want to win and make the Playoffs. If we pick 21st instead of in the top 10 who cares? Some of the highest Draft picks have been busts anyway. Joey Bosa has been real awesome so far hasn't he?? I think some people want us to lose because they want Chuck and Grigson gone. Others just love to make fun of the team and Troll, JMO.

Absolutely.  Pick volume is so much more important than people realize.  Unless you are an absolute basement dweller of a team picking in the top 10, you are going to get darn near the same value at 22 that you would at 18.

This is why the Colts have a front office and scouts.  To hit on the same types of picks that perennial winners like the Packers, Steelers, Pats, Broncos, Cardinals, Bengals, Panthers, etc. hit on in the latter half of the first and second rounds of the draft.

Other reasons it is good to win:

- The Colts have several young, promising players that can use the extra practice time and game experience that the postseason provides.  Guys like Geathers, Dorsett, Anderson, Green, Ridgeway, Kelly, Haeg, Blythe, Good, Harrison, etc.

- Player contracts do not last forever.  When the contracts are up on guys like Moncrief, Davis, Adams, etc., they are more likely to stay/remain with the Colts if they feel they will be competing with a team that has a chance to win vs. a team that is in a complete rebuild mode.

- Winning breeds winning and a winning culture.  Anyone that has played sports understands this. 

5 minutes ago, James said:

Obviously you don't because you're completely missing and/or avoiding the points I made. Read again. The essence of my post is exactly that I don't want a losing franchise, so your Browns reference makes no sense. I don't want to root for a losing franchise or even a mediocre one, which is what we'll likely continue to be with Grigson and Pagano here. Their tendencies haven't changed, and they likely won't in the future. So, in reality you are the one who wants to root for long-term mediocrity with frequent, embarrassing blowouts to the Patriots and other actual great, winning franchises, because you want the instant gratification that is a narrow and mistake filled victory vs. the putrid Bears. Are you satisfied with "winning" against such caliber of teams with no perspective of us taking a step towards being a Super Bowl contender? Last time I checked that called accepting mediocrity. That has absolutely nothing to do with being a winning franchise. I want to cheer for a Super Bowl winning franchise, which is something we evidently can't accomplish under Pagano and Grigson. People like you are wishing for the worst. I you can't realize this, then you are truly lost.

No actually I'm not happy about mediocre franchise and last I checked we're not one. Are we playing mistake free football? No, but we're also not getting blown out in games. We've been every game and could have even beaten the champs, but no no one wants to see that and just wanna point to the record. 

48 minutes ago, Solon said:

I'm sorry man, but you're going to have type better. I don't understand what you're trying to say. Say if you tank this season and get a top 5 pick. Now, when next seasons starts, Luck gets hurt and will never be the same. How would that help us in the long run? We tossed away the last season we'll have with our transcendent quarterback for a top 5 pick. Bear in mind this team has a realistic possibility of making the playoffs. 

And my point is even if we try our best we still suck so if luck get hurt next year then either way we wasted our last year with him. If we try our best thus year and somehow make the playoffs then we will get blown out by a real NFL caliber team 

4 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Absolutely.  Pick volume is so much more important than people realize.  Unless you are an absolute basement dweller of a team picking in the top 10, you are going to get darn near the same value at 22 that you would at 18.

This is why the Colts have a front office and scouts.  To hit on the same types of picks that perennial winners like the Packers, Steelers, Pats, Broncos, Cardinals, Bengals, Panthers, etc. hit on in the latter half of the first and second rounds of the draft.

Other reasons it is good to win:

- The Colts have several young, promising players that can use the extra practice time and game experience that the postseason provides.  Guys like Geathers, Dorsett, Anderson, Green, Ridgeway, Kelly, Haeg, Blythe, Good, Harrison, etc.

- Player contracts do not last forever.  When the contracts are up on guys like Moncrief, Davis, Adams, etc., they are more likely to stay/remain with the Colts if they feel they will be competing with a team that has a chance to win vs. a team that is in a complete rebuild mode.

- Winning breeds winning and a winning culture.  Anyone that has played sports understands this. 

If volume is what you are concerned about, trading down from a top 5 pick would be the best way to do that. Imagine the volume of picks we would have going from a top 5 pick and trading down a couple times, and than having a good chance of accumulating even more on day 2 when have the high second that teams often try to trade up for because they have had a night to look at who is still available and fall in love with a player still on the board.  Trading down is the easiest way to accumulate picks (unless so have some big name player you are going to trade), so if you are about volume of picks you should still want us to have high draft pick. 

To your last point having great players and a great coach also create a winning culture, and we are short on both.

51 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Every season with Luck is priceless..to waste even one of them for a single first round player (remember, picking 1st verses 32nd is really the difference of 1 player.  One you get to pick 32, you choose ahead of Pick 1 the rest of the draft.  At best it is 1 player and that's assuming the biggest possible spread.  Since nearly half of first rounders are considered busts, that's risking a full season with Luck for a single maybe player. On top of that, none of the top draft picks from this most recent year would have won us the games we lost.  So it would be pointless. Who won the game for us today? A late 3rd round receiver in my view.  The only way for us to get better is with much better personnel from the top of the draft to the bottom plus the right FA's.  Grigson has failed.  You can't polish a turd and make it gold.  Every media person has blamed the bad personnel.  Sure, they are not always right, but there seems to be a lot of film to watch to support the notion this is a very poorly constructed team.  For example, we easily could have drafted the kid Howard from IU...he went in the 5th round.  We needed a quality young running back to go with Gore's likely final season...imagine how much he could have learned from and supplemented Gore.   But we didn't pick him.  He looks very promising.  That's just a tiny example.  I recall a discussion where board members said if we couldn't get Elliot in the first round, Jordan would be a great pick later.  If fans can see it, why not Grigs?  

There's talent out there in every round available to all.  Our guys just rarely find enough of them.

I was calling for tanking last year but im not going to do it this year

we need to hit on more than just a first round pick for one thing

picking in the middle of the rounds and actually getting contributors could fix this team