Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Imagine being Jim Irsay right now.

Dustin

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dustin said:

Your HC and GM who you just shelled-out huge contracts to in the off-season get embarrassed in front of the entire country and the UK by the worst team in the NFL. 

This franchise is an embarrassment right now and Irsay is the most responsible for that. Horrible decision to bring Pagano back. 

Imagine being the HC and GM in the last year of their contract, fighting their hardest to keep their jobs with all this pressure. 

Now either jim is either really smart, or really stupid. When this season ends, and he keeps these guys. He's really stupid. If not, he took the pressure off his front office, while showing their true intent and or skill. 

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Your HC and GM who you just shelled-out huge contracts to in the off-season get embarrassed in front of the entire country and the UK by the worst team in the NFL. 

You're smart enough to know that J'Ville isn't the worst team in the NFL....  

Not even close....

But this is what you do......    you love to do this.....

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not even close....

Well, the only other contender was out there on the field with them.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're smart enough to know that J'Ville isn't the worst team in the league.    And it's not even close.

I'd say it's close, but you're right.  Jacksonville isn't the worst, I'd say the Colts are. Most poorly constructed roster and staff in the league. This team is awful, and we're stuck with them for the prime of Luck's career. Extending those 2 winners for several years was the kiss of death 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not even close....

nfl.com has them at 30th

I wouldn't put them dead last either, but they would not crack my top 25

18 minutes ago, Dustin said:

But take luck away and we are the worst team in the league lol hell we damn near are with him :lol::facepalm:

We will rebound starting with our next game.  It's not too late and Jim Irsay has nothing to do with how poorly the team is playing to start games.  It can be fixed but the coaches have to come up with a better game plan, and as players get healthy, we will return to form.

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

We will rebound starting with our next game.  It's not too late and Jim Irsay has nothing to do with how poorly the team is playing to start games.  It can be fixed but the coaches have to come up with a better game plan, and as players get healthy, we will return to form.

I don't think the coaching staff is capable of creating a game plan.  Teams just can watch the last 20+ games and see the exact same thing they will face every Sunday playing the Colts. haha

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

The only way I bring him back is if he signs a 1 year deal with a 2 year option, that way if he sold me a wooden nickle I can get out after one season. I would offer Jim Harbaugh as much as it takes at the end of the season and actually build a monster!

Jim is not coming back to the nfl

If the Colts keep losing and only win 5-6 games it will be interesting to see what Irsay does.

Does he keep Pagano and Grigson or fire at least one of them at pay them the remainder of their contract for nothing? Not to mention swallowing pride and admitting that you made a major mistake just one year later?

This team has a lot of holes after many poor off seasons. With Luck and the offense not playing at an elite level the team is exposed to what they really are.

The only way I bring him back is if he signs a 1 year deal with a 2 year option, that way if he sold me a wooden nickle I can get out after one season. I would offer Jim Harbaugh as much as it takes at the end of the season and actually build a monster!

I would be ecstatic if Harbaugh came here as the next HC. I would also love Tom Herman. 

3 minutes ago, rmboone8 said:

If the Colts keep losing and only win 5-6 games it will be interesting to see what Irsay does.

Does he keep Pagano and Grigson or fire at least one of them at pay them the remainder of their contract for nothing? Not to mention swallowing pride and admitting that you made a major mistake just one year later?

This team has a lot of holes after many poor off seasons. With Luck and the offense not playing at an elite level the team is exposed to what they really are.

No, he would have to admit that he made that mistake twice.  

7 minutes ago, dw49 said:

You have Cleveland I guess... But really , other than Luck and Hilton , it can be argued the Colt roster is pretty bad. 

I've been saying the Colts roster is pretty bad for about 6 months now.....

The typical response I've gotten is to tell me to wait until the season starts....

Well.....   it has started.....      were were badly injured on defense the first three weeks....

And now we were badly injured on offense today...... 

We didn't play well enough to win....

-- Poor o-line play....

-- Poor receiving

-- Poor defense

-- Poor coaching

-- Poor play by Andrew Luck

I thought we might win,  but ultimately,  we didn't play well enough to win in a game we HAD to win.

Not good.     We have a difficult road ahead of us......

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

I wouldn't be so sure...all of the stupid rules and regulations of the NCAA makes it a nightmare to coach, if he loved it so much he would have never left Stanford!

He left stanford for the money other than that he saw how the front office will treat you even when he's done good for the team he won't have that many headaches in college

I can imagine being Jim. I did nothing to earn my status as a billionaire NFL owner - other than winning the birth lottery -- and nothing I can ever do wrong managing that enterprise will result in losing money in this crazy money making machine known as the NFL. So I've spend a lifetime living large to celebrate my incredibly lucky life. Of  course my hard core partying has pretty much ruined my health but I had years of amazing fun in the process. I am a lucky man and have no complaints... just wish my inherited toy would bring me some more trophies for my mansion.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I've been saying the Colts roster is pretty bad for about 6 months now.....

The typical response I've gotten is to tell me to wait until the season starts....

Well.....   it has started.....      were were badly injured on defense the first three weeks....

And now we were badly injured on offense today...... 

We didn't play well enough to win....

-- Poor o-line play....

-- Poor receiving

-- Poor defense

-- Poor coaching

-- Poor play by Andrew Luck

I thought we might win,  but ultimately,  we didn't play well enough to win in a game we HAD to win.

Not good.     We have a difficult road ahead of us......

Hard for me to blame Luck a whole lot but I agree with all the rest you have. To me the most discouraging is the regression of V Davis and Castonzo . 

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Hard for me to blame Luck a whole lot but I agree with all the rest you have. To me the most discouraging is the regression of V Davis and Castonzo . 

I don't think Vonte is 100% and Castonzo is playing as poorly as I can remember....

I'm hoping he's hurt too,  because if not,  his performance is simply not acceptable.

I just don't see him as a college coach, he belongs in the NFL! Besides, I was just saying it is what Irsay should do, we all know he would never do that anyway!

Well that's where he got his name big from and I believe jim has expressed not coming back to the nfl again....I think all college coaches have done that