Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Imagine being Jim Irsay right now.

Dustin

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Our offense started off slow today because we had about 4-5 drops in the first quarter alone....

We established the running game....    Gore had 56 yards at the half.....      that's a good thing...

We went to the hurry-up at the right time,   but that last drive was terrible....

You can (and will) blame those slightly off target passes as drops till you die, but several were on Lucky.
 He just isn`t accurate enough and he is not that good at anticipating his receivers pass routes and throwing

them a good leading pass. Yes that type of QB is Elite.  He is just a guy at THOSE skills right now.
  Go Colts! 
   A real shame we won that ____ last game last season. Jim loved the post game ra ra.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, AndyLuck said:

HE HAS GIVEN US A CHANCE IN EVERY GAME THIS SEASON. 

True.. but to be fair and honest, he's done things to put us in bad shape each game as well.  And in the end, he's fallen short 3 of 4 times.  He EASILY could have gotten the yard on 4th we needed but for some reason his big brain locked up and he threw it instead.  Sure, if it had been complete and that won us the game everyone would be saying how brilliant he is... but when you HAVE to get 1 yard or you lose, then that is the ONLY thing at that time that matters and any throw, no matter how wide open, is more dangerous to do than just move 6 feet to your left and get the first down without tossing the ball in the air.  His field vision failed him I guess.  He is usually pretty clutch, but I really think he choked this time around.   And think about it, he grew up there, he likely wanted that win much more than any of us did/.  That is a kind of pressure that leads to brain lock at the worst moment.  

Just now, JPFolks said:

True.. but to be fair and honest, he's done things to put us in bad shape each game as well.  And in the end, he's fallen short 3 of 4 times.  He EASILY could have gotten the yard on 4th we needed but for some reason his big brain locked up and he threw it instead.  Sure, if it had been complete and that won us the game everyone would be saying how brilliant he is... but when you HAVE to get 1 yard or you lose, then that is the ONLY thing at that time that matters and any throw, no matter how wide open, is more dangerous to do than just move 6 feet to your left and get the first down without tossing the ball in the air.  His field vision failed him I guess.  He is usually pretty clutch, but I really think he choked this time around.   And think about it, he grew up there, he likely wanted that win much more than any of us did/.  That is a kind of pressure that leads to brain lock at the worst moment.  

He wants to win more than any of us every week.   Location of the game is irrelevant to that

28 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

He's also getting destroyed on his beloved Twitter account by many media members as well. Now, to say the season is over is an overstatement. Remember, no other team in the division is very good and 8-8 might win it. This team isn't a bonafide Super Bowl contender by any means though.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the team never quits.  They are fighting hard and playing hard all the time. Yes they are dropping balls and making stupid penalties but they are not mailing it in.  They didn't last year and they are not this year.  They have come back many times.  I agree. To say the season is over is an overstatement.

50 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

He's also getting destroyed on his beloved Twitter account by many media members as well. Now, to say the season is over is an overstatement. Remember, no other team in the division is very good and 8-8 might win it. This team isn't a bonafide Super Bowl contender by any means though.

Well.maybe it'll result in Irsay waking up and firing the 2 clowns. Someone pick up the phone and hire Peyton. He sure can't do any worse. 

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He wants to win more than any of us every week.   Location of the game is irrelevant to that

So as usual even though you agreed with the point I made, you had to try and find an angle to make it look like we disagreed.  You're trying way too hard to be negative by default, even when you agree.  

15 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

So as usual even though you agreed with the point I made, you had to try and find an angle to make it look like we disagreed.  You're trying way too hard to be negative by default, even when you agree.  

No,   your point was nonsense,   that's all

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Just because he likes how those franchises do things, doesn't mean he did the right thing by extending Pagano and Grigson.  When you have mediocre coaches and GMs, you cut the cord and find better people.  You don't give them an extension, thereby accepting their mediocrity.  Not only that, but Pagano <<< Tomlin and Coughlin.  The Rooneys and Maras were able to find good coaches and keep them.  Irsay and Grigson found a very mediocre one and Irsay kept him.  Huge difference.

And if his front office failed him, why did he give an extension to that very same GM?  If I recognize people around me are failing me, I don't continue to work with them.  I look for someone better.  Irsay kept both guys around.  To me, that means he's fine with doing things just good enough.

Irsay wanted continuity and I think he looked at last season as just being a bump in the road.  Everyone got fooled by the early success and they kept thinking that they were only a player or two away from being an elite team.  I think the reason why Irsay kept them both is because he saw last season as just a bump in the road.  

2 hours ago, grmasterb said:

Who would you have hired to replace Pagano and Grigson?

There were several good candidates.  I didn't do as much research on it since I'm not involved in making those decisions, but Pederson is doing well for himself in Philly.  I also think Hue Jackson could be a good coach, despite what's going on in Cleveland right now.  He really overachieved with some bad Raiders teams.  I also like(d) Matt Patricia and Nick Caserio in New England, but one must be cautious when looking to hire Belichick disciples.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So the Colts were the only team in Patriots history to get beat in an AFC championship game?

Why cant Pagano be compared to those other coaches? Ain't that what comparison is?

Um....what?  My point was that those coaches had all accomplished more than Pagano

1 hour ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

I think Houston is pretty solid outside the loss to the Patriots which many overreacted to including me lol. It was just funny.

But, JJ Watt is a big loss however I think they can overcome it a bit too if they can hold up on offense enough. Houston is 3-1 and beat a playoff caliber team in the Chiefs too.......I can't dismiss them. They are in the drivers seat easily.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

They are ... playing hard all the time. 

Ah hahahahahahahahaha. Ah hahahahahahahahahaha. Ah hahahahahhahaha.

No. If they were, these comebacks wouldn't be happening because they wouldn't be down 20 every single game.

2 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Yeah you could tell after that play was over he regretted his decision.  He could've easily ran it for a yard.  He probably wanted that one back. 

4 hours ago, Jules said:

Yep the Davis of a few years ago looked to be in the small elite group of DBs in football, not sure what happened and if he can get it back but........now those days seem long gone even if he still can be good from time to time. But, the "Davis Island" days seem over.

However, I am not a huge fan of overly depending just on a DB either to save a defense. We did the same at times with Bob Sanders.

Give me play makers in the front 7 more often any day of the week.........

You are smart of a girl and I agree . Trouble is we have neither....

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still could easily be 3-1 even without the dumb penalties. Even with a team that isn't overly talent if you eliminate the penalties and Turnovers you can still win games with a Good QB

Good teams play with minimal penalties and turnovers . We don't fit that bill. 

For the first time since he took over for his father he's screwed up royally. By that I mean, take a leap of faith on 2 guys that clearly didn't deserve it, and it's backfired. He's either going to have to eat some massive amount of dollars or watch this team sink back to an  early 90s level laughingstock . This team has gotten less talented every year, they commit the same stupid penalties, don't show up for the game to start off, Pagano is still bad at in game adjustments, etc. If they want to make anything of this season Pagano needs to go yesterday and Grigson needs to be on deck. Pagano must have done a hell of a sales job at that year end meeting last year. 

9 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

We will rebound starting with our next game.  It's not too late and Jim Irsay has nothing to do with how poorly the team is playing to start games.  It can be fixed but the coaches have to come up with a better game plan, and as players get healthy, we will return to form.

I don't think the coaches, or management for that matter are capable of coming up with anything. We are a quarter of the way through their 5th season and nothing has changed. Healthy players won't matter when the people at the helm are D.O.A.

What you see is what they are

9 hours ago, HBA2 said:

I'd say it's close, but you're right.  Jacksonville isn't the worst, I'd say the Colts are. Most poorly constructed roster and staff in the league. This team is awful, and we're stuck with them for the prime of Luck's career. Extending those 2 winners for several years was the kiss of death 

I agree I was in favor of keeping pags then, but I am done now, grigs is probably the poorest judge of talent in the nfl and he pays below average players elite player money

3 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I don't think the coaches, or management for that matter are capable of coming up with anything. We are a quarter of the way through their 5th season and nothing has changed. Healthy players won't matter when the people at the helm are D.O.A.

What you see is what they are

Great post.

This path we're taking just seems like those times you make a wrong turn and keep going for a while. Then after 10 minutes you say, yep, I'm going the wrong way.

Year 5 same problems. They're not going to suddenly get fixed.

As Freeney used to say...it is what it is.

6 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I'm sure he would've ran the ball if he thought Dwayne would've dropped a wide open pass

I would hate to be Jim Irsay at this moment in time he is the Colts biggest fan & I believe as unhappy as we are at this point in the season he is a million times more unhappy this is his families business & a decade of excellence is being trashed before his very eyes .

He may not speak about it in public but IMO he is raising hell over the way this season has started .

6 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

Yeah, I guess it is a bit narrow minded.  Just curious, are you a fan of both of them, one of them, or neither?

Being a fan of either makes no difference. I am a believer of things are never as bad as it seems or as good either. .,,Has Grigson made mistakes? Yes. Has Pagano made mistakes? Yes. That is the life of a GM and head coach. If you look at the whole league and the GMs Grigson is in the higher end of the pack IMO. Same for Pagano. Just because the Colts lose does not want me to make a knee jerk reaction. It's easy to sit behind and say a lot of things but making changes is not as easy as all that.

Losing brings out the rabid fanatic in fans.

Do I have a crystal ball? No. But I have been around long enough to have patience and that is something a bunch in here don't. Do I have any answers? No. Not anymore than anyone else either. It's the NFL.

51 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Being a fan of either makes no difference. I am a believer of things are never as bad as it seems or as good either. .,,Has Grigson made mistakes? Yes. Has Pagano made mistakes? Yes. That is the life of a GM and head coach. If you look at the whole league and the GMs Grigson is in the higher end of the pack IMO. Same for Pagano. Just because the Colts lose does not want me to make a knee jerk reaction. It's easy to sit behind and say a lot of things but making changes is not as easy as all that.

Losing brings out the rabid fanatic in fans.

Do I have a crystal ball? No. But I have been around long enough to have patience and that is something a bunch in here don't. Do I have any answers? No. Not anymore than anyone else either. It's the NFL.

I respectfully disagree that people are here are having knee jerk reactions and lacking patience.  We are almost 4.5 years into the Pags/Grigs era, and the team is regressing rather than progressing, and it's very frustrating.  The front office has had more than enough time to right this ship.  It's not just a knee jerk reaction about the first four games of this season.  It's the fact that we have the same problems that we had over four years ago, except that they are even worse.   

15 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that the team never quits.  They are fighting hard and playing hard all the time. Yes they are dropping balls and making stupid penalties but they are not mailing it in.  They didn't last year and they are not this year.  They have come back many times.  I agree. To say the season is over is an overstatement.

Is that you, Chuck?

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't think Vonte is 100% and Castonzo is playing as poorly as I can remember....

I'm hoping he's hurt too,  because if not,  his performance is simply not acceptable.

I think you're right regarding  your injury speculation about both of them, especially Castonzo.  How else do you explain his abrupt drop-off in play? He looks like a shell of his former self after he signed his big contract.  Castonzo himself has said that he is not pleased with how he has been playing dating back to last year.  Maybe he has a nagging injury that we don't know about, and he doesn't want to talk about it and use it as an excuse.  What a frustrating start to the season.  

18 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

I respectfully disagree that people are here are having knee jerk reactions and lacking patience.  We are almost 4.5 years into the Pags/Grigs era, and the team is regressing rather than progressing, and it's very frustrating.  The front office has had more than enough time to right this ship.  It's not just a knee jerk reaction about the first four games of this season.  It's the fact that we have the same problems that we had over four years ago, except that they are even worse.   

With rookies and new coaches to make changes right now is a knee jerk reaction. We have had way too may injuries to really see what this team can do with time playing together.

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

With rookies and new coaches to make changes right now is a knee jerk reaction. We have had way too may injuries to really see what this team can do with time playing together.

I hate to say it Crazy one, but I'm already about checked out and nothing is changing on this team. Almost every week, since Luck's been drafted, we get off to slow starts. Basically fall behind 2 tds in the first half and have to play catch up. That's 68 games it's happened. I'm starting to think Luck isn't good enough to play against defenses when the game is early and they are giving full effort. He only seems to put up TD's and get us back in it when the defense lets up with a 14+ point lead. Quickly losing trust in Luck, and I've lost trust in Pagano for a long time. I applaud you for having faith still, but I have the ability to sense patterns. I use in it every way I make money, and while it can't predict the future, it usually tells a story. This team has the same storyline every game, and it's disgusting. Lack of effort, and start off slow. It's a reflection on me and I don't like it as I'm someone who gives 100% in whatever I compete in, win or lose.