Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our defense and the chargers game.

Imrryr

I was impressed by our defense during this game against the chargers I think monachino and a healthy defense will help us out many times in the future hopefully. Otherwise we beat two teams today with a decent chargers team and a utterly incompetent officiating crew against us. I'm excited for the season again, anyone else?

IMOP the colts got away with a couple of flags but I do agree when all the key pieces to the defense comes back they will be very solid. Anderson was on a snap count but was disruptive enough and he was in the back field a lot, I thought Green and Geathers was very good a little rusty but very effective, And Davis even not at 100 percent showed a difference. Colts get Jones Butler and Robinson back in a couple of weeks.

First of all great for our colts and secondly when it comes to this defensive scheme they need to be more consistent like that final play when the defense was out there and they had the right pressure why not have that scheme and attitude throughout the game? Just saying it would be lovely and less stressful to watch

25 minutes ago, Imrryr said:

I was impressed by our defense during this game against the chargers I think monachino and a healthy defense will help us out many times in the future hopefully. Otherwise we beat two teams today with a decent chargers team and a utterly incompetent officiating crew against us. I'm excited for the season again, anyone else?

Indeed!  Good game plan, healthy starters and better execution....and it still came down to the end.  Pressure will be an issue for us all year along with really slow backers but I'm very happy to get the win.  

Clayton played really well and made some huge plays as did Walden.  I was impressed with the D today, not so much the O but in the end they got the job done.  TY had a huge day, Gore ran hard, but they have to still clean up these mistakes.  Good to see Hou, Jv and Tenn all lost also.  This division is a crapshoot and wide open for anyone lol!

26 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Im excited for the win despite the refs and turnover luck. Now if go  3 and 2 after this then would feel better about this team.

I am loving the fact that the colts won I don't know who really was at fault for the INT whether it was luck or the receiver or both but I don't care what anyone says I have always said when the QB fumbles in the pocket its the o-lines fault for getting beat. but otherwise great win.

24 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Benefited from a ton of drops and accuracy issues from Rivers and his subpar receivers. Pass rush is still non-existent but the run D was good.

It's wasn't a perfect day but we saw some positive, no pass rush but we stopped the run at least something we never do lol

24 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

First of all great for our colts and secondly when it comes to this defensive scheme they need to be more consistent like that final play when the defense was out there and they had the right pressure why not have that scheme and attitude throughout the game? Just saying it would be lovely and less stressful to watch

Merged your thread

26 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought Sio Moore was outstanding. Better than Freeman. Hits like a ton of bricks

He did well today, but hasn't been all that great so far this year.  He's missed a lot of tackles.

21 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Geathers was really good. His best game as a Colt in his young career IMO. He reminds me of a bigger Bob Sanders with how he hits.

Agree fully.  His coverage isn't like Bob's (yet), but his physical style of play and even his body type reminds me of Bob Sanders

14 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Hell no, he was Terrible. The only guy that I saw make bad play after bad play. No offense man 

14 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Hell no, he was Terrible. The only guy that I saw make bad play after bad play. No offense man 

dont know what you were looking at. Made a ton of key tackles. I disagree with you

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He did well today, but hasn't been all that great so far this year.  He's missed a lot of tackles.

Agree fully.  His coverage isn't like Bob's (yet), but his physical style of play and even his body type reminds me of Bob Sanders

Just speaking on today's game.

The D was better across the board today.  And I believe that the chargers had the top rated offense in the league, granted only after two games.  Only giving up 12pts on D today, I'll take that.  Now we can get guys conditioned, continue to get guys healthy, and maybe have a little something for these teams we are playing.  The defensive cord. did say the defense we saw the first two games was nothing like he wanted to play.  Still would like to see more pass rush though. 

11 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I would agree with Dustin here. Rivers pretty much handed us the win with his terrible accuracy and lots of drops. He usually is a lot better than how he played today, but great for us. The turnovers gave us a nail biting game, though. Whew.

To be fair, a lot of those accuracy issues were due to us getting pressure on him. He had to force it several times bc we were finally getting to him. Needs to be more consistent...some plays he had all day, others he had to throw quickly and was hit just after releasing the ball. Baby steps I guess