Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 Prediction thread Lions @ Colts

SilentHill

33 - 20 Lions.

For the record, I think the Colts do well this season, but with the injuries on Defense, coupled with the fact that the Offensive Line still needs time to gel, I see this as a loss. I think the Colts start out around 2-2 or 3-3, and once people get healthy and the Oline develops some more chemistry, they'll find their groove and finish with a good record.

12 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I'd assume Cromartie and Robinson, at LG, maybe Harrison?

Right. Detroit doesn't have Megatron anymore which is good. So that's probably Tate in the slit working on Robinson and Cromartie one on one with Jones on the outside. Advantage us. On the Defensive line they've got Ngata, the Alabama rookie Robinson, and Ansah. Against our line, advantage them. But they can't cover our WRs IF Luck gets time to throw.

I say either a 3 point win or a 10+ point loss. Can't underestimate them.

7 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Everyone seems so confident we start with a win. I mean I'll say we win as well but I think it's going to be very very close.

I think it will be close too, I have us winning by a TD basically (1 score win at 27-19, a TD and 2 pt conversion). We usually make it tough on ourselves one way or the other but the Lions historically always shoot themselves in the foot somehow so I think we add a score late to give us a cushion. It's all a guess so who knows what will happen. Lions are a bad team (no more Calvin Johnson either) so if we cant beat them at home the future of this Colts season looks dim.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I can see this or 35-20. If not then 28-17

I have it 27-19. I think it's a bit closer but we will win. I think Robert Mathis will have a decent impact on the game and our Defense will bend not break a lot holding them to FG's. Stafford will probably have quite a few yards but I see FG's in their future more than TD's. We have O.Line chemistry issues still so not sure we put up more than 30 points but 27 will do.

13 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Two bad o-lines and weak defenses. Hmmm!
 We stop the run better and get more pressure - this week At home.
 Our penalties & turnovers keep it close.

23-20 Colts

Yeah both teams seem to commit dumb penalties, as you brought up penalties. I agree this game will be closer than it should be because we will make our share of mistakes. It will be by 8 points or less IMO which is a 1 score lead.

Ironically the Lions mirror us in weaknesses when compared to our injuries to start the season.

They have no offensive line, no running game, no red zone threat, thin at corners, and the defense is not proven.

They have turnover and penalty problems and lack of depth.

So since it is at home i give the us the advantage:

24-17 Colts in an ugly game for both sides.

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

Apparently being optimist about this team is the wrong thing to do in some people's eyes. 24-21 Colts. 

We are making predictions about a stupid football game, not talking about someone fighting cancer. Good grief.

Is Robinson good to go. Without Vontae for the first 3-4 games we need Robinson and Cromartie to play well. Somebody has to contain Tate. He cant have 180 yards and 3 TD's. Then our D has to contain those speedy backs too. Riddick and Abdullah cant be catching the ball out of the backfield for a bunch of big gains.