Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody catch Pagano or Grigsons pressers?

RockThatBlue

I watched a little bit of it.  Not too much to point out other than to protect Luck better and build a better defense and get more pass rush.  Seems like defense is the focus now this off-season.  No news on free agent decisions.  Grigson seemed more down to earth then I have seen him in the past, cracking jokes about his past picks/job performance.  Josh Wilson tweeted all the important quotes from both Pagano and Grigson.

https://twitter.com/JoshWilsonSB

Ryan said there were not too many good edge rushers in this draft.  He was careful not to be specific about our own players hitting FA.  Chuck opened up about saying you know me, I'm all about stopping the run and running the football.  Chuck said players like Von Miller aren't falling out of the trees.  For the most part not to revealing.  

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

Most of the questions were pretty bad.

Main point:

Grigson and Pagano want to add pass rush and protect Luck better.

Yes that is the important point. Irsay has given Grigson and Pagano both another chance to get this right so hopefully over the next couple of years we nail the Draft and Free Agency.

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yep

They said they were gonna be leaving no stone unturned in order to build the monster that is a rolling ball of butcher knives..........

Is that what they said? Or is that an old lame thing you come up with? It was only cute a couple of year ago IMO.

Chuck said that he is pretty confident in Castanzo for a bounce back season. He also liked the play of Mewhort, Reitz and Good. He says we need to focus on interior offensive line help. He also said we have to get a more consistent pass rush. He also rementioned again that himself and Ted our new DC want to run a attacking multiple front defense by getting after the QB. He said pass rushers like Von Miller aren't falling out of the sky, and that they need to do a better job developing their younger players.

36 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Heard some of the clips and it sounded like Grigson came off very well. Owned up to his mistakes. Hopefully he does much better fixing up the o line and pass rush

I thought so too. Grigson seemed to be more comfortable in front of the camera and quite a bit more relaxed than in the past.  

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Ryan said there were not too many good edge rushers in this draft.  He was careful not to be specific about our own players hitting FA.  Chuck opened up about saying you know me, I'm all about stopping the run and running the football.  Chuck said players like Von Miller aren't falling out of the trees.  For the most part not to revealing.  

More like Dreaming about it Lol.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Is that what they said? Or is that an old lame thing you come up with? It was only cute a couple of year ago IMO.

Oh I'm sorry your highness, I forgot I have to ask your permission to post a joke, a joke that I'll honestly admit would have been said by someone else on here.

"I think the ole adage, if you have 12 pass rushers, you got to get 13," Grigson said. "But it’s easier said than done. The draft this year, there are some players, personally, in my opinion, (it's not) as thick as you’d like. But those guys come at a premium, they go really high in the draft. Those pure edge rushers are the ones that command the big dollars.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/02/25/pagano-combine-colts-need-address-pass-rush/80516720/

These comments tell me if there is any sort of pure pass rusher available at 18 they will probably pull the trigger.

46 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

A thing I found interesting is that Chuck said the focus was interior O line. I wonder if that means we go after a center and guard and let Reitz and Good battle at RT even though we keep getting tackles mocked to us in the 1st round.

I think it's exactly what it means.      We're looking at center and RG.     Tackle will stay in the hands of Reitz and Good.

That's not what I'd do,   but I'm not running the franchise.     So,  we're looking interior....   hope we find what we're looking for.....

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

"I think the ole adage, if you have 12 pass rushers, you got to get 13," Grigson said. "But it’s easier said than done. The draft this year, there are some players, personally, in my opinion, (it's not) as thick as you’d like. But those guys come at a premium, they go really high in the draft. Those pure edge rushers are the ones that command the big dollars.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/02/25/pagano-combine-colts-need-address-pass-rush/80516720/

These comments tell me if there is any sort of pure pass rusher available at 18 they will probably pull the trigger.

I could see them trading up some as well to grab a pass rusher. 

3 hours ago, VAcoltsfan said:

I watched a little bit of it.  Not too much to point out other than to protect Luck better and build a better defense and get more pass rush.  Seems like defense is the focus now this off-season.  No news on free agent decisions.  Grigson seemed more down to earth then I have seen him in the past, cracking jokes about his past picks/job performance.  Josh Wilson tweeted all the important quotes from both Pagano and Grigson.

https://twitter.com/JoshWilsonSB

So the same thing  they were saying 4 years ago? Lol

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think it's exactly what it means.      We're looking at center and RG.     Tackle will stay in the hands of Reitz and Good.

That's not what I'd do,   but I'm not running the franchise.     So,  we're looking interior....   hope we find what we're looking for.....

It's the interior where we need the most help IMO though I'd like to get a RT somewhere, even if just for competition or depth

It definitely sounds like we are looking for center and RG.  Both men feel that Good along with Reitz are going to be fine at RT.  Originally I didn't think they would look at Mack if he opted out, now I think they might especially since it looks like Osemele will probably stay with the Ravens.  If Mack's agent heard Chuck, which could have been intended, then Mack's agent is probably talking to Grigson tonight.   Stefan's agent as well. 

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

A thing I found interesting is that Chuck said the focus was interior O line. I wonder if that means we go after a center and guard and let Reitz and Good battle at RT even though we keep getting tackles mocked to us in the 1st round.

This is why I wouldn't be surprised if they take Ryan Kelly at 18. Especially since they're not too keen on tje depth of pass rushers this draft.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It definitely sounds like we are looking for center and RG.  Both men feel that Good along with Reitz are going to be fine at RT.  Originally I didn't think they would look at Mack if he opted out, now I think they might especially since it looks like Osemele will probably stay with the Ravens.  If Mack's agent heard Chuck, which could have been intended, then Mack's agent is probably talking to Grigson tonight.   Stefan's agent as well. 

Unfortunately,   I think Mack has priced himself right out of Indianapolis......

I hope I'm wrong,  but I can't see him signing with the Colts.     Other teams are going to be able to offer him much, MUCH more than we can.

I think we find our center elsewhere......

58 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh I'm sorry your highness, I forgot I have to ask your permission to post a joke, a joke that I'll honestly admit would have been said by someone else on here.

It old and stale and you know it. If your going to make a joke at least you could do is think of something a little more original that isn't at least 2 or three years old.

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

In my personal opinion Grigson and or Pagano are not really going to show their hand at all. It's been pretty much the same thing as with the past drafts. With some of the past things that has happened with who and where players are drafted I guess it is expected.

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

Yep

They said they were gonna be leaving no stone unturned in order to build the monster that is a rolling ball of butcher knives..........

Trent Richardson is shedding tears of happiness right now. Or maybe he's crying about having to take a physical.

9 hours ago, MTC said:

Most of the questions were pretty bad.

Boy were they ever. Some of the questions were longer than the answers. 

'Ryan, speak to that a little bit. What did you learn about yourself last year? Because the first three years you were here, you guys went 11-5, and that's after a 2-14 season, and you guys have been talking about winning a championship since that first year. So what have you learned about yourself since then, because you spent a lot of money in free agency and took some pretty big swings, and things were going pretty well, and then you got to the conference championship game, and then you brought in some guys last year and everyone expected that you'd take the next step, but things didn't go so well, and then you and Chuck had your meetings after the last game and Andrew got hurt and all that, so what did all that teach you about yourself and how you want to run the team and how you're going to make decisions and what direction you want this thing to go in? Because obvious you want to get back going in the right direction, so what did you learn about yourself? What did 2015 teach you?'

Seriously. That's basically how one of the questions went. And there were a couple others that weren't too much different.

No one asked about the new blocking scheme, no one asked if the defense would be different with Monachino, etc. Indy media complained for almost two months about not getting a real end of season presser, and then they show up at the Combine and ask this kind of junk. 

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

No one asked about the new blocking scheme, no one asked if the defense would be different with Monachino, etc. Indy media complained for almost two months about not getting a real end of season presser, and then they show up at the Combine and ask this kind of junk. 

I have been following some of them on Twitter for a while now, and to be honest, they have been a bit of an disappointment. They haven't written or pointed anything out that has not be analyzed in much greater detail on this forum.

The collective top minds of this forum give me much more valuable info about the current state of the Colts than they do. That is a disappointment to me, but maybe I'm expecting too much? Maybe their job is only to write about news but not "wasting time" on interesting analytic background?

Does it really surprise anyone that not a lot was ask, or answered?  That is how pretty much how all GMs and head coaches conduct pressers. Say as much as they can without really saying anything. I call it pre damage control. They are going to try to avoid saying anything that will come back on them. If they were ask a tough question, they would give a standard deflection answer.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If there is a better RT than RG available I think you have to draft the RT and move Reitz to RG.

4 hours ago, Superman said:

Boy were they ever. Some of the questions were longer than the answers. 

'Ryan, speak to that a little bit. What did you learn about yourself last year? Because the first three years you were here, you guys went 11-5, and that's after a 2-14 season, and you guys have been talking about winning a championship since that first year. So what have you learned about yourself since then, because you spent a lot of money in free agency and took some pretty big swings, and things were going pretty well, and then you got to the conference championship game, and then you brought in some guys last year and everyone expected that you'd take the next step, but things didn't go so well, and then you and Chuck had your meetings after the last game and Andrew got hurt and all that, so what did all that teach you about yourself and how you want to run the team and how you're going to make decisions and what direction you want this thing to go in? Because obvious you want to get back going in the right direction, so what did you learn about yourself? What did 2015 teach you?'

Seriously. That's basically how one of the questions went. And there were a couple others that weren't too much different.

Yeah I expected questions like, "this is draft number 5 for you. What have you learned over the previous 4 drafts?" Or "If you had to key in on maybe a few position groups where you feel like there's good enough talent for you to improve through the draft, what positions would that be?".

Most of the questions were the same. They have involved throwing all of his mistakes in his face and then asking how he feels. And there was a random question about Phillip Dorsett. No one even asked him about how despite the fact that it's under bad circumstances, what's their strategy since they're drafting the highest they've drafted since 2012.

WOW!  Doyel and Keefer's articles in the STAR are really, really bad.  They are both so concerned about Grigson's personality and point out that he seems nicer and humble.

Who cares.  Grow up and stop being so sensitive.

NFL GMing is a grownup's business, and how GM's interact with the media is only the concern of the media.  Doyel and Keefer  need to get over themselves.  Their opinion's about Grigson's personality are completely irrelevant.

13 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Havent seen a single mock get grigsons first round picks right, and I look at alot of them lol