Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aren't we technically Super Bowl Champions?

bap1331

21 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

We are technically the only team that beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Grigson has built a good team, what are we all complaining about?

I get what you are saying because I thought along those lines last night.  But, we did not get the job done at all.  We do however, have reason to be optimistic I think and this is one of the reasons.

I couldn't figure this team out at all this year.  Hopefully next season we see their real identity CONSISTENTLY

We aren't the ONLY team to beat the Broncos while Peyton Manning was starting... Didn't Kansas City beat them right after us?

But, that was a great win; it's something to feel proud of in an otherwise disappointing season, and shows what the Colts are capable of.

14 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

We aren't the ONLY team to beat the Broncos while Peyron Manning was starting... Didn't Kansas City beatbthem right after us?

But, that was a great winnand shows what the Colts are capable of.

Nope, Peyton left after the 1st quarter

2 hours ago, bap1331 said:

We are technically the only team that beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Grigson has built a good team, what are we all complaining about?

For some of the Manning bandwagon fans and water carriers, I'm sure seeing the Broncos win last night was as good as the Colts winning it. At what time is the parade in downtown Indy today?

Seriously, though, by your logic the Jaguars should have a banner for running for 375 on the Colts in 2006.

It doesn't work like that

I'd say my SB predict was so close

I said 24-13 broncos but graham gano missed

Entering the year I had it colts vs. Panthers same score obviously us winning, A former colts great qb won and another pair of horses did. My sb was close but no the colts didn't win but I appreciate peyton winning

4 hours ago, grmasterb said:

For some of the Manning bandwagon fans and water carriers, I'm sure seeing the Broncos win last night was as good as the Colts winning it. At what time is the parade in downtown Indy today?

Seriously, though, by your logic the Jaguars should have a banner for running for 375 on the Colts in 2006.

Gotta love the sarcastic comments from people who would begrudge Colts fans for being happy that the all time greatest Colt won a Super Bowl. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Topics

• Possible, yah... Still weird how every quote we get(from April) linking to this article is the diabetes part, and none of them are quoting the combine part.
    • I agree with you that teams aren't basing draft decisions on what Bob McGinn is reporting. But I disagree that McGinn's reporting is okay here. In journalism, you don't get to share bad opinions of people without giving the person who is being criticized a chance to respond in the report. If a reporter wrote about a professional in the community, let's say a prominent real estate agent, and reported that other unnamed people thought the real estate agent had wild mood swings due to badly controlled diabetes and was unmanageable, would that reporting be okay? I'd suggest that if a reporter managed to get that into print without giving the real estate agent a chance to respond, you'd likely see the reporter and whoever approved the story fired. 
    • I don't think anything has been deleted it takes you to the article which is multi part.   It starts ranking WRs at the bottom and talking about Harrison more in depth.   Followed by a pay wall to sign up for the rest. Which more likely than not, includes those in depth reports on Mitchell.       That's what I gather by the info being there in Destin's article with link to site, which then shows pay wall for the rest.
    • Again. Notice the link. The link sends us to the article about his combine performance now, not about his diabetes, despite the quotes from April being about his diabetes. No idea what happened. It looks fishy to me.    Did they move the diabetes quotes to a different article behind a paywall? Or is this not the full article and the diabetes part is part of the paywalled content? But the weirdest thing to me is that what's now there is not quoted by any of the articles I see that quoted the diabetes part.   Just strange.
    • In this destin article today, he has a little bit of it.   https://atozsports.com/indianapolis/adonai-mitchell-colts-nfl-journey-with-type-1-diabetes/   "He's been diagnosed as a Type 1 diabetic. "You're going to have to assign him, somebody, to be next to him for his first few years because his issues are all about his diabetes and his blood sugar," said a second scout. "When his blood sugars are off, he's rude; he's abrasive, he doesn't pay attention in meetings. It's why you get really, really cruddy character reports coming out of Georiga and Texas. But when his stuff is normal, and they get him normal by lunchtime, he's out at practice high energy, a best practice player, and loves football.   He's got Garrett Wilsonesque catch radius, athelic ability, and body control. But he's almost uncoachable.    A third source said diabetes was a major concern. "You've got to look out for it an he's got to take care of himself," he said. "Every diabetic does. Theres some questions but at the end of the day he's a good player that hasn't done anything overly malicious. He's probably just immature.""       So yeah, they either changed it or something else is behind the pay wall.    
  • Members