Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Toler

bap1331

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only real option would be Smith if he's ready when he comes back but I doubt he will be. We are probably stuck with Toler until the end of the season.

Well, he atleast performed clutch one game, then loose the next throughout the season last year.

This season, he's just gone. I don't think he's focusing, I always see him watching the receiver and not turning back at all to see what's going on. By the time he looks at his receiver, he's long gone to the Td endzone

Toler had 1 pass defensed in the game. He simply plays with poor technique(which causes him to panic at times) and lacks the play recognition skills to be consistent....which is why he is late to breakdown on the wr and make a play on the ball or tackle consistently. I'm expecting this to be his last year as a Colt actually. His contract is up at the end of the year.

I posted this in another thread but it is much more fitting here

Josh Thomas the 4 string corner plays better press man and zone than toler and he sticks with his man..people will say oh it was against sanders but thier have have been a lot of players the past week who have constantly beat toler deep who aren't his caliber. Just look at the saints game when Bree's was in his endzone and toler was playing off coverage on cook and he got beat for 50 yards and let them convert the first he's horrible and a liability..for anyone to say he's the best we got not true you can't even tell being that when he was out we played zone because manusky is scared to play man without the toler in

Not only does he get burnt every week, he gets defensive holding calls. Both he and Davis do. We almost loss to Den bcuz he gives them 1st and goal on a 3rd down defensive holding call. Same stuff Davis was doing against Jets and Bills. Every time on a 3rd down, just gives them new life. It's so annoying. They hold to keep from getting baked out there, but if they dont hold they'll get cooked. Either scheme need to change or Toler needs to go. Davis not as bad as Toler. Gonna miss Mike Adams. Think he may lead the league in Ints.

They ought to nickname Toler "caboose" because he is always trailing behind the receiver.

He just looks to lost most plays, turning the wrong way, biting on fakes, etc..  I know he makes a play every once in a while, but only after giving up too many big plays, long passes, and first downs. Just like we did with the OL, maybe putting him on the bench and giving Thomas or Smith or some street FA a try. I really don't think our coverage could be much worse.

Toler is a good corner. He is picked on because Davis is better. Toler is VERY AGGRESSIVE sometimes to his own detriment! I would personally like to see him watch the deep ball more and stop biting on double move! Because he is aggressive this may be hard.

"He is picked on because Davis is better"

That's not how it works

Toler is a good corner. He is picked on because Davis is better. Toler is VERY AGGRESSIVE sometimes to his own detriment! I would personally like to see him watch the deep ball more and stop biting on double move! Because he is aggressive this may be hard.

Toler is good at getting beat. What made you say toler is a good db? He might be as good as Jacob Lacey

Yes it does plan an simple, would you rather throw in the direction of Davis or Toler? IMO and most Davis is better than Toler thus you throw at Toler.

Of course you throw at Toler but that's because he is not good but ya still have to throw at Davis, your going to target Toler because he is not very good, I mean Davis being way better overall then Toler will give teams reason to throw at Toler a bit more but Toler being not very good has more of an affect

Yeah...he has never been on Vonatae's level but when healthy in past years he was decent. Not great, got burnt aome, but not as bad as this year. Looks lost at times out there. Hopefully we can get someone better next year in that position...bc Toler has regressed

If it's just because he's so aggressive you would think he would come up with more picks.  

Quite frankly he's had too easily no matter what route you are running.

We need a better CB#2

Toler and cromartie allow the most catches and yards than any corners in the league.. Toler isn't good.,subpar qbs pick on him..you can't use the excuse he bites on the double move anymore because he loses in any route..he isn't going against premier recievers either so what's the excuse the injury? Pleaseee id rather have josh Thomas start opposite of Davis and if not him then Smith for sure.. And watch next week toddy white has been quiet all year he'll be matched up with toler and I bet his slow *** will beat toler deep

Toler and Lowery both need to go.

Lowery has been good.

Toler has been getting beat a lot this year.  And after his play last year I thought he was going to make another jump this and that he had Davis would be a top CB duo in the league.  But Toler is what he is.  When the catch is made in front of him, he's a solid tackler and limits YAC.  But when a receiver runs past him, he's late getting out of his back pedal and turning (the poor technique Gavin is talking about) and he loses a lot of ground in that transition.  Toler is playing like a good zone corner this year instead of playing like a good man corner.

As far as Lowery goes, he's okay, I don't know if I'd say he's played good.  That TD pass to Sanders last night was as much on Lowery as it was on Toler because Lowery was late coming over to that side.  I don't know what he saw that made in freeze in the middle of the field but he stayed there too long and opened up Sanders deep.