Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsett fractures ankle, too miss 4-6 weeks.

RealityIsLuck

Wonder how an offensive lineman pick would have worked out.  SMH.  On a side note, Bob Kravitz thinks Luck will need shoulder surgery at the end of the year. 

I've been thinking that for the last couple weeks.  I don't think it will be anything major but yeah they probably will have to go in and clean some things up, if he can manage to survive the rest of the season without making it worse.

If there's one position the Colts have depth at, it's WR. It's not gonna cripple your season

We really are not that deep.

Now we are down to ty and moncrief. AJ could be cut right now and only the most WR desperate teams would be interested

Wonder how an offensive lineman pick would have worked out. SMH. On a side note, Bob Kravitz thinks Luck will need shoulder surgery at the end of the year.

One rookie linemen would not have changed much.

This team does not show up to play, one guard or tackle doesn't fix that

This is why I hate drafting speed guys. Even when he recovers, will he ever run the same speed again? Now we're going to have to tell him to bulk up and become the Minny-Me version of Andre Johnson.

I don't think an ankle fracture at his age will permanently hamper his speed. 

We really are not that deep.

Now we are down to ty and moncrief. AJ could be cut right now and only the most WR desperate teams would be interested

We're not that desperate. Plenty of Panther fans would scream for him, but we won't sign him and definitely won't trade for him. Going with youth with Funchess, Brown, and Norwood led by vets Cotchery, Bersin, and Ginn, who seems to love the cooking in Carolina like James Jones in Green Bay is at his best.

WRs simply don't have the value here as everywhere else. We call run plays 49.7% of the time, highest percentage in the league. We're old school with run the ball down your throat and play tough defense. Simplicity in elegant brutality.

Lets sign Reggie haha

I think part of Luck's problem is not having Reggie.  Even when Reggie wasn't playing Reggie was Luck's go to guy for advice and I think just a calming presence for Luck.  I don't think we should sign Reggie, he's done, however I have been and would be open to them hiring him as a receivers coach. 

I also think part of Luck's problem is that he doesn't have the trust level he had with Reggie with any other receiver on the club.  I think it's gone unnoticed by TY Hilton has not taken the next step towards becoming a Reggie or Marvin either.  Until today he had gone 8 games without a 100 yard game, the longest streak in his career and he hadn't caught a TD until the Pats game last week.  He has truly been a bit of a ghost this season.  Both him and Castonzo have been a bit of a disappointment after being rewarded with big deals. 

I think part of Luck's problem is not having Reggie.  Even when Reggie wasn't playing Reggie was Luck's go to guy for advice and I think just a calming presence for Luck.  I don't think we should sign Reggie, he's done, however I have been and would be open to them hiring him as a receivers coach. 

I also think part of Luck's problem is that he doesn't have the trust level he had with Reggie with any other receiver on the club.  I think it's gone unnoticed by TY Hilton has not taken the next step towards becoming a Reggie or Marvin either.  Until today he had gone 8 games without a 100 yard game, the longest streak in his career and he hadn't caught a TD until the Pats game last week.  He has truly been a bit of a ghost this season.  Both him and Castonzo have been a bit of a disappointment after being rewarded with big deals. 

I agree. Really TY seems like the only other guy he feels comfortable throwing too, especially when behind in games. Teams are now double teaming him more and that is causing Andrew problems. When Reggie was here and healthy you couldn't double TY and Reggie was so clutch on 3rd downs.

I agree. Really TY seems like the only other guy he feels comfortable throwing too, especially when behind in games. Teams are now double teaming him more and that is causing Andrew problems. When Reggie was here and healthy you couldn't double TY and Reggie was so clutch on 3rd downs.

See I feel like I've seen him trying to force it to Moncrief when he has to have a throw this year to a point I think Hilton was getting a little frustrated with his lack of targets.  I am not going to say beating double coverage is easy it's not but Marvin and Reggie saw it the bulk of their careers and found ways to get open.  Hilton isn't.  He's getting paid like they were, he needs to produce like they did.  That might not be fair but when you get paid like he did there becomes a level of expectations in terms of production and for most of this season Hilton has been well below that. 

See I feel like I've seen him trying to force it to Moncrief when he has to have a throw this year to a point I think Hilton was getting a little frustrated with his lack of targets.  I am not going to say beating double coverage is easy it's not but Marvin and Reggie saw it the bulk of their careers and found ways to get open.  Hilton isn't.  He's getting paid like they were, he needs to produce like they did.  That might not be fair but when you get paid like he did there becomes a level of expectations in terms of production and for most of this season Hilton has been well below that. 

Problem is most teams IMO still don't respect any of our WR's other than TY so they just double TY and make Luck beat you throwing to other guys. Moncrief has looked decent this season but still not the WR Wayne was in 2012 or 2013 or early 2014. Johnson has been a huge disappointment because I thought he could be similar to Wayne but it hasn't happened. We need another WR to take the pressure off of TY like Marvin had Reggie.

Hmmmmmm....

Stupid pick in the first place.

Stupid use of the pick by the pseudo-OC...stretch the da## field even if he is only a decoy.

On what basis can you justify was a stupid pick??? Just got he's injured and hasn't had a pro bowl rookie season??? Alot of first round picks haven't. Because he wasn't at a position of need..??? If you haven't learned that's NOT how we draft!!! so that argument does you no justice. People are just mad cause Colts didn't draft who THEY wanted.

Problem is most teams IMO still don't respect any of our WR's other than TY so they just double TY and make Luck beat you throwing to other guys. Moncrief has looked decent this season but still not the WR Wayne was in 2012 or 2013 or early 2014. Johnson has been a huge disappointment because I thought he could be similar to Wayne but it hasn't happened. We need another WR to take the pressure off of TY like Marvin had Reggie.

even before Marvin had Reggie he put up great numbers. Granted Marvin is a Hall of Famer, but I think true number one WRs can put up numbers even if they don't have a great supporting cast.

I also still don't think they know how to use Johnson right and I think he's out of his comfort zone leading to what we are seeing from him. The week I think we used him "right" was the Texans game and he had a big game. He hasn't really been used like that the rest of the season. Also him and Luck for whatever reason just aren't on the same page, yet him and Hasselbeck were. That tells me it's not all Johnson.

Something is wrong with Luck. Maybe it's just physical but I think it's a bit mental. I think he's thinking too much out there right now rather than just playing and that's causing him to question what he's doing a little bit.