Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gore is NOT a Red Zone RB...

bap1331

I understand why the Niners would always put Hyde in the Red Zone area. They NEED to sign Donald Brown as 2nd string and move Robinson to 3rd. I do not trust Robinson enough either to carry balls in the red zone...

Robinson was hit 2 yds behind the line, turned and got whacked on hit ball hand. Great defensive hit, props to the defender. Robinson will be fine.

I understand why the Niners would always put Hyde in the Red Zone area. They NEED to sign Donald Brown as 2nd string and move Robinson to 3rd. I do not trust Robinson enough either to carry balls in the red zone...

I agree with you that Robinson is not a #2 RB and need to be move to 3rd but we don't need Brown. We have already have a #2 RB who is playing 3rd string and his name is Tyler Varga. This guy need to be use in power running plays up the gut. I wish the coaching staff would open their eyes. Stop using Varga on special teams and let the man play! 

I agree that we need some speed at the RB position, but I completely disagree with the notion that Gore isn't a redzone back. 2 fumbles doesn't mean he's worthless there. He probably needs to work on his ability to hold onto the football, but the ability to break tackles and fight for extra yardage is what makes someone a good back in those kinds of situations.

I agree that we need some speed at the RB position, but I completely disagree with the notion that Gore isn't a redzone back. 2 fumbles doesn't mean he's worthless there. He probably needs to work on his ability to hold onto the football, but the ability to break tackles and fight for extra yardage is what makes someone a good back in those kinds of situations.

Not saying hes worthless. But 2 fumbles that cost us the game vs the Jets and ALMOST cost us the game against the Jaguars.

He's fine at goal line. Cant tun when you are contacted in backfield.gore disappointed me today, and it wasn'tvn his running, or even in the dropped passes.

It was his attitude when things weren't going well. He let his frustration show. Not only will this boost the defenss spirits, but more importantly it sets a poor example to the other players and rookies who watch him as a leader and that attitude is contagious. I see it from Fleener at times too. I undestand the frustration and won'tvhold it against him but this team's mental state is fragile.

Also, this tesms serms nervous, uneasy. Like they are waiting tor something bad to happen. This has apparently spread across the whole offense, invluding Luck.

Is it because Pagano always seems on edge and nervous. Just look at his face on sideline. He looks confused and nervous. Those "vibes" transfer to all around.

This team needs a calming influence. Mathis, gore, andre, and the vets need to calm things down. Its an emotional rollercoaster for these guys. For a full 60 minutes..... And sometimes a lil more. haha

the guy is near retirement hes probably been coached on how to hold the football for 30 years, there is no more coaching there, I think its just mental errors, nervous being on a new team, under a lot of eyes, in SF nobody looked at him twice he just went in and did his job, here in Indy hes being looked at to revitalize a Colts run game that has been almost non existant since Addai and Edg

Why are you comparing Brown and Ball? They are two different style runners and neither of them are wearing a Colts uniform.

I agree. Ahmad Bradshaw is a better fit here, but the guy can't stay on the field. I am the first one here to say that I would love to see Gore and Bradshaw splitting the carries with the Shoe on their helmets.

His fumble alone didn't cost us the game vs the Jets, you could just as easily say Luck lost us the game vs the Jets. 

Naw when the team vibes go up, everything goes up. Like when Dwight Lowery made the interceptions last week. Colts feed off of good plays.

Yeah, Gore fumbled again at the goalline.... but I don't understand what is the obsession is to sign a RB (Donald Brown) who was cut by the Chargers.  Yeah... he played with us previously, and the majority of his time here he sucked... move on!

>> Running backs

What’s with the fumbling? Frank Gore, a veteran who was never known to have an issue with ball security, has two critical fumbles in three games. He said he has been dealing with a finger injury that makes it difficult to grip the ball with his left hand. Rookie Josh Robinson lost a fumble as well, something he showed signs of in the preseason and season opener.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/10/05/thumbs-updown-colts-defenders-step-up-andre-johnson-struggles-continue/73247560/

I dont agree with this statement, now the 2 fumbles are unlike Gore but he is more than capable of punching it in the endzone. Donald brown i would NOT call him a Redzone Back he is more of a scat/chang of pace back. The speed would be nice but we dont need him.

Of the two fumbles one was a fluke (dude just dropped the ball). The other was just a good precision hit. Tip of the hat to the Jags player on that one.

If Varga can come out playing like he was then I'd say we don't need another RB. Robinson is young and should stay 3rd stringer to see how he develops.

Not worried about Gore.