Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gore is NOT a Red Zone RB...

bap1331

• 2 weeks later...

I understand why the Niners would always put Hyde in the Red Zone area. They NEED to sign Donald Brown as 2nd string and move Robinson to 3rd. I do not trust Robinson enough either to carry balls in the red zone...

OK....

In his career, Gore had 67 rushing touchdowns and 11 receiving touchdowns.

Last year,  Carlos Hyde had.......     4 rushing TD's.       That's it.

Don't you EVER get tired of being so incredibly wrong?

OK....

In his career, Gore had 67 rushing touchdowns and 11 receiving touchdowns.

Last year,  Carlos Hyde had.......     4 rushing TD's.       That's it.

Don't you EVER get tired of being so incredibly wrong?

More importantly, if you watched those games, Gore got the 49ers into position to score on most of Hyde's TDs and Harbaugh then swapped Hyde in to get him the scores.  Gore could have scored easily and ended up with 8, but they were trying to keep Hyde happy on the bench while Gore got the bulk of the carriers.  

I understand why the Niners would always put Hyde in the Red Zone area. They NEED to sign Donald Brown as 2nd string and move Robinson to 3rd. I do not trust Robinson enough either to carry balls in the red zone...

Would always? Hyde played only 1 year with gore. And gore would still get majority of the redzone carries

Gore is on pace for 1100 yds and sits 10 in rushing. Also 4.5ypc!

Why don't we feed this beast?

that and the offense works best when focusing on the short passing game....the 4th quarter against TN, Houston, the first half against NE..they were VERY hard to stop, but keep going away from it.

Would always? Hyde played only 1 year with gore. And gore would still get majority of the redzone carries

Obviously, I was responding to the prior post which made an observation about Hyde getting 4 TDs last year, so we were only talking about last year, 1 year.

The redzone is the opponents 20 yd line and in...by my recollection, several of Hyde's scores involved Gore running with offense until they got down to within the opponents 5 yard line or so, then Hyde was brought in.  don't get me wrong.  Hyde is an explosive player, but Gore could have just as well gotten the scores if they left him in the game.