Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Saban, Come on Down...

IndyD4U

I think the new head coach should be josh mcdaniels he is a proven winner he always has his offense prepared under any circumstance, Pagano is not the problem this team is put together to out score opponents which means the oc is horrible, I coach high school football, and I know to set up offensive schemes to beat blitzes, pep has not call but one screen pass this year nor has I saw once luck with a three step drop and then release the ball, our offensive play calling and design is horrible 

I think the new head coach should be josh mcdaniels he is a proven winner he always has his offense prepared under any circumstance, Pagano is not the problem this team is put together to out score opponents which means the oc is horrible, I coach high school football, and I know to set up offensive schemes to beat blitzes, pep has not call but one screen pass this year nor has I saw once luck with a three step drop and then release the ball, our offensive play calling and design is horrible

Where do you coach?

I think the new head coach should be josh mcdaniels he is a proven winner he always has his offense prepared under any circumstance, Pagano is not the problem this team is put together to out score opponents which means the oc is horrible, I coach high school football, and I know to set up offensive schemes to beat blitzes, pep has not call but one screen pass this year nor has I saw once luck with a three step drop and then release the ball, our offensive play calling and design is horrible 

I really love Josh as an OC but he is who he is because of Brady and Bill. He really bombed in Denver on many levels. Not saying he might not do well the second time around but a more proven HC might be the way to go.

I think the new head coach should be josh mcdaniels he is a proven winner he always has his offense prepared under any circumstance, Pagano is not the problem this team is put together to out score opponents which means the oc is horrible, I coach high school football, and I know to set up offensive schemes to beat blitzes, pep has not call but one screen pass this year nor has I saw once luck with a three step drop and then release the ball, our offensive play calling and design is horrible

No thanks he has alewady failed as head coach before so no way.

Surprisingly I am from Baton Rouge Louisiana and I am a die hard colts fan since the year before peyton got there, Im only 33 years old and been a colts fan since I was 15, Luck is and have the potential to be the greatest in the game with the right guidance and pep Hamilton is not the answer unless he changes his scheme I think any offensive coordinator that comes in will make a lot of difference 

Edited by 21isSuperman

I don't get all the hate. OMG, he failed at his first NFL gig.......

I have never been a big fan of his but with Miami he never had the QB he wanted. That can be tough going from college where you get all the top college recruits to the NFL where finding a good QB is like a needle in a hay stack. Some guys are just best suited for college but I would like to see him give the NFL another go around. There is no question he has a brilliant football mind.

Did they go 0-13 and then quit...wouldʻnt be so hard on him if he just finished the season like a real man or shall I say real coach would...not to mention the team didʻnt like him either

Meh, I doubt we know all the details on that situation. Lots of players didn't like Jimmy Johnson....who cares.

Alabama and Saban are kinda like the Patriots and Belichick of college football. Usually they are both good teams, have well respected coaches, and have won several championships. However, they are also the teams and coaches people love to cheer against the most due to their successes. I am personally like most people and love to see the Patriots and Alabama lose, so I have a hard time looking at Saban objectively as a head coach option for the Colts. I personally think that Saban is a very talented coach and knows his football, but I don't know about his commitment to a team due to his early departure from the Dolphins. I don't really understand the huge hype with Saban, but I don't really see the huge hate either. I personally would rather have a few coaching candidates before Saban, but I would be willing to give him a chance with a great young QB to see what he can do in the NFL. The biggest obstacle here though is Grigson as I don't see Saban and him getting along and there will be a power pull in the ranks again like there is with Pagano and Grigson right now. I just don't see Grigson getting along with many HC candidates so I believe he needs to be relieved of his position as well in order to get a competent HC.