Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Henry Anderson win DROY?

backshoulderfade

Yeah I think he'll be in the running honestly. I mean he's going to have some competition though, but Anderson looked good yesterday and I think he's going to end up being recognized as one of the best 3-4 DE's in the NFL pretty soon. I've said it before. But he's Justin Smith 2.0. And he'll put us 3-4 sacks this year too btw.

Yeah I think he'll be in the running honestly. I mean he's going to have some competition though, but Anderson looked good yesterday and I think he's going to end up being recognized as one of the best 3-4 DE's in the NFL pretty soon. I've said it before. But he's Justin Smith 2.0. And he'll put us 3-4 sacks this year too btw.

I'm going with 5.5. Just feels right.

Its not the D-Line. Our ILB's seems to be the major issue. Our D-Line is looking good. If we can get Moore and Irving out there I think we'll be looking at a totally different front 7.

I know, I'm just poking fun at this narrative that seems to be running rampant since the AFCCG. But more to your point, I'm definitely ready for Moore and Irving to suit up, I've seen more than enough of D'Qwell Jackson. I have no idea how he led the team in tackles last year, AND made the Pro-Bowl. Dude just looked lost yesterday.

He wasn't a sexy prospect during the draft process, unless you read PFF. I'm not saying I think he should be after 1 game for all those who are going to say that.

The question is, being the kind of under the radar prospect that he is, can he win DROY over other players if he puts up sufficient production.

No.

Its not the D-Line. Our ILB's seems to be the major issue. Our D-Line is looking good. If we can get Moore and Irving out there I think we'll be looking at a totally different front 7.

Well, you are pretty much right.  3 new DL, Cole, Walden, and if, as you suggest, Moore and Irving in, it would be 6/7 in our front 7 different from last year....if it's a rush down, and Mathis replaced Walden, it'd be all 7 new....assuming Freeman and DQ were not in on passing down.....which Freeman probably would be with Sio

I love me some Henry Anderson.    As a Stanford fan, I've been hoping he'd end up here in Indy for a number of years -- and now, here is is!

But I don't see the point in talking DROY talk after one.......    whole.......    game.

Lots will happen during a season.    Henry will have some bad games.    He may hit the rookie wall.    You just don't know....

A season is a marathon,  not a sprint.     These things take time..........

Just sayin......

Unfortunately, no. The perception is our D Line can't stop anyone. No matter how well he plays, he will go unnoticed because of this. Plus I think you have to be relatively well known to be chosen. The fact of the matter is nobody outside of our fan base really know who he is.

He certainly played great yesterday. But I highly highly highly doubt it. As said earlier, generally 3-4 D linemen don't get many sacks. And I think for DROY it usually comes down to sacks (unless your a DB). So if Henry Anderson is even in the conversation for DROY then i'll be VERY surprised. 

But you know what? I'm okay with that. As long as he's performing, who cares if he gets recognition or not. Sure it'll be annoying having to constantly hear apposing team fans talking about how bad our Defense is, but you know what'll make up for it? The look on their faces as Anderson makes play after play against oppositions since the other teams OC never game planned for him. 

I think I got WAY too excited while writing this. Anderson Fan boy if you couldn't tell already.

Why Justin Smith?

Unfortunately, no. The perception is our D Line can't stop anyone. No matter how well he plays, he will go unnoticed because of this. Plus I think you have to be relatively well known to be chosen. The fact of the matter is nobody outside of our fan base really know who he is.

They will here pretty soon. Did everyone know who Sherman was a few years ago?

Not likely.

Awards like this typically go to one of the big name players from the draft unless someone makes a huge splash as a rookie (Kiko Alonso won it a year or 2 ago I believe).

So unless Anderson has as good of a year as Kiko did I can't see it happening. Wouldn't necessarily count him out though he has looked good so far.

My pick is probably Leonard Williams.

Not likely.

Awards like this typically go to one of the big name players from the draft unless someone makes a huge splash as a rookie (Kiko Alonso won it a year or 2 ago I believe).

So unless Anderson has as good of a year as Kiko did I can't see it happening. Wouldn't necessarily count him out though he has looked good so far.

My pick is probably Leonard Williams.

Wondering what Leonard Williams did in his debut?