Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts extend LT Anthony Castonzo (updated)

Everyone

Details on #Colts LT Anthony Castonzo: It’s a 4-year extension worth $42M, sources say. He’ll get $35M over the 1st 3 years of his contract

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

September 10, 2015

Details on #Colts LT Anthony Castonzo: It’s a 4-year extension worth $42M, sources say. He’ll get $35M over the 1st 3 years of his contract

Bargain for Indy

$35M the first three years (is that guaranteed?  That's the only thing that really counts)

Doubt that it's guaranteed. Just the way the payouts are structured. Not enough details to say yet, but given the Hilton structure, I'd expect the signing bonus and 2015-16 salaries to be guaranteed. And given the way it's reported so far, I expect this deal to run through 2019, so four years on top of the 2015 option.

If I remember what other top tackles are getting, we got a pretty good deal with Castonzo on this one

According to over the cap 10.5 per year is tied for 4th with Ryan Clady. Above him are Joe Thomas, Tyron Smith and Trent Williams. Might be a little high but if this is 4 years of 10.5 plus this year at current (around 7.3 I think) then this is a pretty decent deal.

Mike Chappell says this might not be quite done yet.

yes but also said his source said it will get done. He said the money was a little off. Either way this is a good deal for the Colts to lock up the rock of their Oline. Tight ends or tight end will be the priority in free agency. Trying to keep one or two guys is far easier than having three to four guys you really need to keep.

Colts.com says the deal is done!     Lead story on the website.

They have some financial figures.     4 years 43.6 Mill.     It's an extension.

Which means AC is still on his contract of this year,  7.4 Mill.

So, all in all, it's a 5-year,  $51 Mill dollar deal.    10.2 per year average.

No numbers on guarantees or yearly figures....   we should know those in a day or so....

Here's the story on the website:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Reach-Contract-Extension-With-Left-Tackle-Anthony-Castonzo/19efad3f-352c-4400-a0c6-788b1fde04ed

The #Colts contract extension being finalized for LT Anthony Castonzo will be worth $10.5M per year, source said.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

September 10, 2015

The #Colts contract extension being finalized for LT Anthony Castonzo will be worth $10.5M per year, source said.

Seems a little high to me.  That is what Ryan Clady is getting and ties him for #4 highest paid left tackle.  Granted Castonzo hasn't had the injury issues but I don't think Clady had them when he signed his deal either.  

Castanzo's a solid left tackle but #4??  I see him as MAYBE top 10.  But not top 5.  

Too much if you ask me.  It'd put his value in APY at closer to 8.5 Mil to 9 Mil.