Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Andrew Capable Of Zipping These Kind Of Passes

Cribbsfaircatch

All you do when you talk about Andrew Luck is say he lacks arm strength.

Not every pass has to be a bullet pass and he makes bad decisions from time to time.... Andrew Luck has PLENTY of arm strength. Watch the Bengals game and his pass to Moncrief while falling and there are PLENTY of examples from multiple other games.

Your not going to change your mind though. Your set on it.

By the way,  I think Luck has thrown more passes in the NFL in the last three years.

More than anyone.

So,  if after three years,  if you still have to ask if Luck is "capable" of throwing passes with zip,  then you're simply not watching.

I don't know where you live or how many games you get to see on TV,   but if you don't know by now,   then you're doing something else besides watching the Colts on game day.

I don't think he's joking. I honestly believe he's a troll for that new england team... and that was a great pass by Luck!!!

Just the right zip on that one. ;-)

Andrew has a high release point at all times and throws passes that are too high. Drops Drops Drops and more drops.

I believe he has led the league in drops all 3 seasons. Didn`t he lead the NFL QB`s in turnovers his rookie year and 2nd worst last season?

Plenty of room for improvement.

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Vontae-Davis-Highlight-Of-the-Day/828fef1b-8f20-405e-8935-d8d22b78f59c

Link to video that I assume he's referring to. Looks like a good throw to me, Davis just made a great play on the ball. I think the OP should stick to watching cartoons.

I don't know about the pass, but Vontae was last seen running Southwest down the 69..

SomeGloriousDiamondbackrattlesnake.gif

By the way,  I think Luck has thrown more passes in the NFL in the last three years.

More than anyone.

So,  if after three years,  if you still have to ask if Luck is "capable" of throwing passes with zip,  then you're simply not watching.

I don't know where you live or how many games you get to see on TV,   but if you don't know by now,   then you're doing something else besides watching the Colts on game day.

:corner: Must be in the corner playing with it during game time.

The vid is on the team's home page. Vonte hightlight.

This diatribe that you are on is categorical nonsense.  Virtually every football personnel man, virtually every former player / coach turned broadcaster, virtually every scout in the entire league would take Luck over any player in the league to start a franchise.  And yet you have this fantasy about his arm strength?  It is a foolish but it does make for good message board laughs.

Just the right zip on that one. ;-)

Andrew has a high release point at all times and throws passes that are too high. Drops Drops Drops and more drops.

I believe he has led the league in drops all 3 seasons. Didn`t he lead the NFL QB`s in turnovers his rookie year and 2nd worst last season?

Plenty of room for improvement.

as a team, the colts had the fewest turnovers in the league during luck's sophomore year ironically.  he was tied for second most ints in the league his other two seasons.  drew brees and tony romo each had one more his rookie year...

and no, andrew lucks team had never even been in the top ten in dropped passes, until this year when we were first

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2014/

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Vontae-Davis-Highlight-Of-the-Day/828fef1b-8f20-405e-8935-d8d22b78f59c

Link to video that I assume he's referring to. Looks like a good throw to me, Davis just made a great play on the ball. I think the OP should stick to watching cartoons.

Well OP I guess the definition of a lob has changed since I was a kid.  Credit to Vontae on a nice play.  We have a great QB who has proven already that he is one of the best in this league and at this moment but only stand behind Rodgers as the best.

So stop just stop.

Luck's arm strength is good. Better than most of the guy's you'd probably name as all time great QBs, in fact. 

Agree, I've not seen anything to question his arm strength. Sometimes I'll see him purposely take something off a pass that probably should have had more air or more zip but those are mental errors.

• 2 weeks later...