Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

0-2

CR91

could we start the season 0-2? the bills and jets have improved a lot in the off-season imo with both having potential top 5 defenses with weapons on offense, but a lack of QB play

Were not losing to both Geno Smith and who ever the bills trot out

Is it possible?    Sure.     You're correct,  both teams will be very much improved and both teams have new coaches/staffs,  which means much more unpredictability....

I'm sure in 2012 there were many fans from other teams sitting there saying "we're not losing to the Colts,  I don't care how good Andrew Luck is,  the rest of that team stinks!"    And look what happened?     11 wins for the good guys.

Stuff happens.

But as a number of posters have said,  while it's possible,  it's not likely.   We should win both games,  but I'm expecting both games to be very, very close because of the opposition's outstanding defense.      The Bills and Jets have very good,  even terrific defenses.     The Colts will have their hands full...   but I expect narrow wins.....

We won't lose to the Jets, especially at home. There is no way I can be confinced of that.

At Buffalo to begin the year is tough and could potentially be a lose.

Lot of people on here said the same thing Luck's rookie year when they had Tebow and Sanchez. We could easily be 0-2

But with the offense having the potential it does, I don't see their defenses holding the offense down long enough to let Geno or EJ build a safe enough lead to win the game

Revis will probably shutout Hilton

Cromartie will battle Johnson

But outside of those 2 who's gonna lock up Moncrief, Dorsett, Carter, Fleener, or Allen?

Bills really just have a good front 7. Their backend isn't exactly the greatest

I just think it's too many weapons for any defense to cover us this year if Pep dials up the right plays/formations

could we start the season 0-2? the bills and jets have improved a lot in the off-season imo with both having potential top 5 defenses with weapons on offense, but a lack of QB play

I think 0-2 is a possibility.

As is...

2-0

1-1

0-1-1

1-0-1

0-0-2

This past week on one of our local radio stations was breaking down the AFC East. It was very interesting as they had reporters on from Buffalo, Miami and NY to discuss their teams with our guys. As you would expect, there is a lot of optism in the division especially if Brady does miss some games but all of them with the exception of Miami said the same thing which is our defense is playoff caliber but questions remain at QB.

I do like the Jets more than Buffalo because they picked up Marshall to go along with Decker. If Geno can progress and play more consistently like he did when he played the Pats last year which were his two best games of the season than I think the Jets could be a 9 win team and have a shot at the WC. I think playing them early is probably a minus for the Colts but I still expect the Colts to beat them in a tight game. A big wild card in my mind is Bowles. No one knows how he coach and the adjustments he will make in game so he could have this Jets team ready to roll but I am just not sold on Smith at all so I guess we will see.

The Bills have maybe the worst QB situation in all of football and as good of a defensive mind as Rex is, he has proven to not be a very good HC. I think the Colts roll the Bills.

So maybe 1-1 but I think 2-0 is more likely.

At this point you can't beat the Colts through the air unless its with a TE. Vontae Davis and Toler are a top tier CB tandem. We're more vulnerable to the Bills IMO because they can run it with McCoy and Jackson. The Jets have a respectable receiving core on paper but they can be locked up. Davis can cover Marshall alone so if they line him up on the left and Toler is one on one with Decker, we're fine. Devin Smith is a rookie and extremely raw, he won't be a factor.

The Bills are also vulnerable though with Dareus being suspended

At this point you can't beat the Colts through the air unless its with a TE. Vontae Davis and Toler are a top tier CB tandem. We're more vulnerable to the Bills IMO because they can run it with McCoy and Jackson. The Jets have a respectable receiving core on paper but they can be locked up. Davis can cover Marshall alone so if they line him up on the left and Toler is one on one with Decker, we're fine. Devin Smith is a rookie and extremely raw, he won't be a factor.

The Bills are also vulnerable though with Dareus being suspended

I know it's been a while, but the last time I saw Vontae covering Brandon Marshall it was advantage Marshall.  I distinctly remember Marshall burning Vontae a couple times, with one of them being a long bomb TD.  I will say it was the first game of the season in Lucks first year against the Bears and Vontae had just arrived on the team so I'll give him a bit of a pass.  However I don't think you can easily say that Vontae can lock down Marshall one on one.  I do think Vontae is a much better corner than at that point though.

I know it's been a while, but the last time I saw Vontae covering Brandon Marshall it was advantage Marshall.  I distinctly remember Marshall burning Vontae a couple times, with one of them being a long bomb TD.  I will say it was the first game of the season in Lucks first year against the Bears and Vontae had just arrived on the team so I'll give him a bit of a pass.  However I don't think you can easily say that Vontae can lock down Marshall one on one.  I do think Vontae is a much better corner than at that point though.

I think he has developed a little bit more than you give him credit for. That job he did on Demaryius Thomas in 2013 was amazing. With that being said, he can guard Marshall until the Jets get in the redzone. Vontae's leaping ability won't be able to stop him there.

I think he has developed a little bit more than you give him credit for. That job he did on Demaryius Thomas in 2013 was amazing. With that being said, he can guard Marshall until the Jets get in the redzone. Vontae's leaping ability won't be able to stop him there.

Demaryious Thomas and Marshall are two different style of player to me.  It's like trying to say because Vontae locked down Thomas he shouldn't have a problem locking down Andre Johnson. We all know Vontae has numerous problems covering Andre.  Not to say Marshall is Andre Johnson, but I think A. Johnson and B. Marshall both know how to use body leverage and positioning better than Demariyous Thomas.  That style of player gives Vontae more trouble in one one one coverage.

That wad probably awhile ago. Davis was probably still a Dolphin and still raw. We haven't played the Beats since the beginning of the 2012 season and we didn't even have Davis yet. Davis has improved tremendously since then. I respect the skills of Marshall but I think Vontae can win that matchup.

That wad probably awhile ago. Davis was probably still a Dolphin and still raw. We haven't played the Beats since the beginning of the 2012 season and we didn't even have Davis yet. Davis has improved tremendously since then. I respect the skills of Marshall but I think Vontae can win that matchup.

I believe in Vontae, but I don't think it's as simple as put Vontae on Marshall and it's all good.  Plenty of other receivers I might say something else, but Marshall can hold his own against Vontae.  Vontae can win that match up certainly, but I just don't think it's put Vontae on Marshall and he's definitely going to be shutdown.