Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this. Why did the Pats suspend the two stooges if the Wells report was wrong?

NFL doesn't want them

I don't get this. Why did the Pats suspend the two stooges if the Wells report was wrong?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/11/nfl-statement-on-deflategate-discipline/

Patriots owner Robert Kraft advised Commissioner Roger Goodell last week that Patriots employees John Jastremski and James McNally have been indefinitely suspended without pay by the club, effective on May 6th. Neither of these individuals may be reinstated without the prior approval of NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent. If they are reinstated by the Patriots, Jastremski is prohibited from having any role in the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs to be used in NFL games during the 2015 season. McNally is barred from serving as a locker room attendant for the game officials, or having any involvement with the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs or any other equipment on game day.

I don't remember there being any doubt about wrongdoing with Bountygate, even in Tagliabue's ruling. Intent to injure wasn't the point; establishing a bounty whereby players were paid when they knocked an opposing player out of the game is against the rules. 

Lots of questions. We'll see what happens. 

No there was't.  But a 3 member judge panel in Sept. said Goodell couldn't prove intent so punishment was to be mainly for collecting money from a pool.  Goodell readjust penalties and re-instated suspensions in Oct.  Then Tagliabue (former commissioner and lawyer?) vacated the player suspensions shifting th bulk of the blame to the coaches and organization.  Coaches and organization aren't driving forces in this instance.  So, we'll see...

Only thing I can say is there are a few who seem to be really scared of the Patriots and what they are going to do to the Colts. That is nonsense. I am glad the Colts and their players will not be scared and play to win that game. The mighty Patriots are on their way down while the Colts are going up. The Colts got over the Patriots before and it will happen again. The mind set of worrying about the Patriots should not be any more than any other team they play.

I am out of likes - so consider yourself "liked!"  If my team were in this mess that's exactly how I would have handled it.  You have my respect.  

and I know you well enough that you would ;)

Yeah but people have to have integrity.  Agree that it was a tough spot to be in though

Agreed...

but if you are the ball boy-equipment guy for an NFL team & your QB gives you a "special" assignment, I'm sure it gave them an added  air of importance and camaraderie with the team...

Plus if Shady really wanted them to do it, and they refused I am sure they could be replaced easily, and they knew that as well...

What bugs me is the "Oohh, we should be scared to death cause Brady is really mad and he's gonna torch us for_____ points."  We, and every other team, are the ones who should be mad.  We are the victims not them.  I hope Robert Mathis drills his sorry rear into the ground.       

So, the small hand-weak arm qb only gets 4 games. What a humongous JOKE. A deliberate and systematic process to get a huge advantage to win football games and the nfl looks the other way. Another point to make is how many games were affected by the lack of fumbles by pat players over the last 7 seasons. A turnover here, turnover there, cost you a game, could cost a team home field advantage in the playoffs. Oh well, cheating pays off big. I wonder about that Sunday night game in 2012 against the broncos when the pats fumled repeatedly in the first half, but had much better ball security in the second half and came back and won, couldn't they get the balls deflated until half time in that game??????  pats got off easy, they and the nfl is an entire joke, WWE anyone?

What bugs me is the "Oohh, we should be scared to death cause Brady is really mad and he's gonna torch us for_____ points."  We, and every other team, are the ones who should be mad.  We are the victims not them.  I hope Robert Mathis drills his sorry rear into the ground.       

With a nice CLEAN TEXT BOOK TACKLE...

What bugs me is the "Oohh, we should be scared to death cause Brady is really mad and he's gonna torch us for_____ points." We, and every other team, are the ones who should be mad. We are the victims not them. I hope Robert Mathis drills his sorry rear into the ground.

And then the RB fumbles the ball the play after. I'm not gonna lie... I'd be in tears laughing

In all honesty we should get their draft pick. Seriously. I know a lot of teams would throw a tantrum but that's what should happen. It wont but honestly it should.

What? Why? We didn't deserve that game nor deserve anything else. If anything the ravens should get it.

Tom Brady will be the same as every other game he's played as if he needs motivation ,

The Colts - Patriots rivalry has never been a cake walk at least now it will be a fair game .

The NFL dropped the hammer. I must admit I'm pretty surprised the punishment was this harsh. Should be an interesting start to the season!

I understood your wanting to defend your team but I don't think some of the Patriot fans took this as serious as the league did. I will not gloat or say anything negative to any Patriot fan and refuse to take anything said on a personal level.

Tom Brady will be the same as every other game he's played as if he needs motivation ,

The Colts - Patriots rivalry has never been a cake walk at least now it will be a fair game .

He may not need motivation but he sure does need some of that deflation lolol

The NFL dropped the hammer. I must admit I'm pretty surprised the punishment was this harsh. Should be an interesting start to the season!

Yep. Goodell is a complete joke and hopefully this spells the end of him as I hoped it would. Brady will appeal and get the suspension reduced or potentially thrown out altogether. I am anxious to see how far he takes this with his rep on the line.

Next season will be fun defending our 4th Lombardi! :thmup:

So nows the last chance for Brady to savage any last ounce of creditibilty or respect, By all means appeal the length of suspension but give us what we really want which is an admission of guilt and an apology.

Otherwise out your money where you're mouth is and take this to court and surrender everything for examination so you can prove your innocence,

If he does neither of the above then I'm sorry his legacy is going too be overshadowed by this. Foolish and arrogant he will be if he lets that happen.

Yep. Goodell is a complete joke and hopefully this spells the end of him as I hoped it would. Brady will appeal and get the suspension reduced or potentially thrown out altogether. I am anxious to see how far he takes this with his rep on the line.

Lolol I wish I could live in utter ignorance.

Next season will be fun defending our 4th* Lombardi! :thmup:

There we go

I expected your reaction to be nothing short of this.  Every prediction you made about the penalties was wrong.  

Yes Goodell is a joke because the patriots are incapable of playing within the rules.

So the moral of the tale is "Cheating is fine as long as you win kids?"

Appealing the suspension isn't quite the same as protesting innocence. If he wants to do that then let's have the day in court, I mean if he's truly innocent he can't lose right?

So nows the last chance for Brady to savage any last ounce of creditibilty or respect, By all means appeal the length of suspension but give us what we really want which is an admission of guilt and an apology.

Otherwise out your money where you're mouth is and take this to court and surrender everything for examination so you can prove your innocence,

If he does neither of the above then I'm sorry his legacy is going too be overshadowed by this. Foolish and arrogant he will be if he lets that happen.

He had his chance. That would have meant handing over his phone and, along with with the entire Pats organization, not impeding the investigation.