Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected your reaction to be nothing short of this.  Every prediction you made about the penalties was wrong.  

Yes, did not see the draft picks at all. No one did.

But it is what it is. Brady will appeal and on to defend our title in Sept.

I'm surprised. I thought he'd get two games. Of course, it will probably be appealed to 2 anyway...

I can't find reason or grounds to reduce it.  It is the same as one who takes PED's for competitive advantage.  Harold Henderson will likely be the guy to hear the Appeal (A. Peterson and G. Hardy's had him at their Appeals too).

Yep. Goodell is a complete joke and hopefully this spells the end of him as I hoped it would. Brady will appeal and get the suspension reduced or potentially thrown out altogether. I am anxious to see how far he takes this with his rep on the line.

Next season will be fun defending our 4th Lombardi! :thmup:

After all our conversations I was wondering what you thought  .

So the moral of the tale is "Cheating is fine as long as you win kids?"

Appealing the suspension isn't quite the same as protesting innocence. If he wants to do that then let's have the day in court, I mean if he's truly innocent he can't lose right?

It'll never go to court Tom Brady would have to tell the truth .

Brady got off very easy, Kraft has the money for the fines, and the lost of draft picks are more of a big deal.

Belichick got off easy IMO. That is the only silver lining. No suspensions of him ... perhaps the draft picks was the concession ...

I personally think the severity of the penalties is backwards.  I think Brady should have gotten at least 6 games.  Deflating footballs itself isn't worth 6 games, but you have someone who outright lied to pretty much everyone on multiple occasions and an owner who vehemently denied any wrong-doing and arrogantly said he expected an apology from the league.  The sense of entitlement is far too strong over in New England.  Brady deserves more, in my opinion.  And is a million dollars really that much for an NFL franchise? That's pocket change

Yes, did not see the draft picks at all. No one did.

But it is what it is. Brady will appeal and on to defend our title in Sept.

Actually Tom won't defend that until around October and your title looks like this:

*S*u*p*e*r*  *B*o*w*l X*L*I*X*  C*h*a*m*p*i*o*n*s*

Just for laughs, did you actually read the report that came out with the penalties?  They made it clear that this had apparently happened for at least a year and maybe more.  Tainted.  

Yep. Goodell is a complete joke and hopefully this spells the end of him as I hoped it would. Brady will appeal and get the suspension reduced or potentially thrown out altogether. I am anxious to see how far he takes this with his rep on the line.

Here's an idea do what Brady won't do and man up (or woman in your case) and just say I was wrong and Brady cheated. It has been proven now.

I don't think Goodell is done....Kraft likes him too much and needs him as his flunkie commissioner...where else can Robert get such massive influence over the NFL for a few perks thrown Roger's way.

What we need is a conflict if interest investigation into Kraft and Goodell if this case goes south.

The punishment in terms of suspension was what I was expecting.  Brady's first game back will be against the Colts as I figured the League would do.

However, the fine and loss of 2016 1st Round and 2017 4th Round draft picks were steeper than I expected.  Good job by the NFL sending a strong message here.

Proud that the Colts played a prominent role in helping to expose and bring those cheaters to justice.

Steerler town is both jumping for joy and terrified facing the unknown in Jimmy G. I have to admit. I am kind of looking forward to see what this guy has got.

Division II football teams wouldn't be terrified at the thought of facing Jimmy G.

You should have made that asterix bigger as Carroll's play call at the end was a bigger asterix than any ball tampering in the AFCCG blow out. haha

No. I do. That was the worst play call in the history of sports.

As jvan said, that's not how asterisks work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterisk#Competitive_sports_and_games

In colloquial usage, an asterisk is used to indicate that a record is somehow tainted by circumstances, which are putatively explained in a footnote referenced by the asterisk.

A bad play call isn't against the rules.  Cheating and lying kinda is....but hey, as the Patriots' mantra goes, if you're not cheating, you're not trying

Steerler town is both jumping for joy and terrified facing the unknown in Jimmy G. I have to admit. I am kind of looking forward to see what this guy has got.

I like Jimmy & I think he will be a good QB in this league . With the off season & pre season to work on his game the Patriots won't IMO be in to bad of shape .

Unlike Brady coming in for Bledsoe you guys & Dr Frankenstein have time to prepare .

11-hope-springs-eternal-H2O.gif

You should have made that asterix bigger as Carroll's play call at the end was a bigger asterix than any ball tampering in the AFCCG blow out. haha

Yeah, I don't think you understand how asterisks work

Perhaps that asterisk needs to be even bigger.  Maybe....we should inflate it

Troll-face.png

*4th Lombardi

Brady was so worried about his legacy that he tarnished it further

Yeah the Pats really did blow out the Colts really good in the AFCCG.

However, the Colts just officially helped to blow up the Pats/Brady legacy. 

I call...GAME!

There ya go! Head up, shoulders back, eyes to the future!

Bravo for the NFL having the guts to not expedite this punishment before the SB. Clearly he's such a cheater that he deserves to miss games next season. But the season during which the supposed cheating took place? Calm down on that guys. We need to review all the facts. Making tough calls doesn't sound very fun.