Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the suspension right, but I never guessed draft picks.  I though $500,000 was max, but ther must be another clause that allow 1 million. Never guessed that!

I had stated the same 2-4 games. Will end up 2..

Its just not the job of an NFL cioach to check the footballs befor ethe game or to make sure they are correctly inflated...

You can think so if you want..and you can be upset with me./.....but the investigation cleared belichik...

It is out of the realm of possibility in my opinion

Ignorance is no excuse ask Sean Peyton .

“As you know, we regard violations of competitive rules as significant and deserving of a strong sanction, both to punish the actual violation and to deter misconduct in the future. In this case, the footballs were intentionally deflated in an effort to provide a competitive advantage to Tom Brady after having been certified by the game officials as being in compliance with the playing rules. While we cannot be certain when the activity began, the evidence suggests that January 18th was not the first and only occasion when this occurred, particularly in light of the evidence referring to deflation of footballs going back to before the beginning of the 2014 season."  

This is significant. They think it happened way before the AFCCG.

You can make that arguement........that's a good point

But an NFL head coach doesnt deal with the footballs....the quarterback does..

the investigation cleared Belichik.. So I praise the investigation and the penalty on its face and I dont think they were wrong on Belichik

I've never had a discussion with an NFL head coach or GM. But he is the boss and his player and equipment guys cheated. Lack of institutional control falls on him

fair punishment need to show that you can't break the rules and get away with it don't understand how people say it's harsh

I guess.  I was seething mad at the time but I cannot sustain that level of anger.

I underestimated the NFL.  They were MAD

There's an appeal, and there will be lawyers. Vilma didn't miss any games.

Yes, but NFL couldn't prove Vilma and the gang 'intended to hurt' players while collecting bounties.  This time, preponderance of evidence (even against the obstruction of the investigation) says there was intentional conduct detrimental to the integrity of the game.  It will be hard for the defense to prove it didn't happen or it was {as AM says} lighthearted gamesmanship. And Can they go to the courts, or are they bound to arbitration?  Still many questions.

Ok, he's been suspended 4 games. We can all now move on with our lives and thank the random number generator for finally spitting out the number of games he would be suspended.

Noticed and I really could not care any less. He was going to return sooner or later.

Oh don't get me wrong I could care less too how many games he was suspended lol I'm just saying it has to be a ratings thing to see his return against the team who he was accused of cheating against

Yes, but NFL couldn't prove Vilma and the gang 'intended to hurt' players while collecting bounties.  This time, preponderance of evidence (even against the obstruction of the investigation) says there was intentional conduct detrimental to the integrity of the game.  It will be hard for the defense to prove it didn't happen or it was {as AM says} lighthearted gamesmanship. And Can they go to the courts, or are they bound to arbitration?  Still many questions.

I don't remember there being any doubt about wrongdoing with Bountygate, even in Tagliabue's ruling. Intent to injure wasn't the point; establishing a bounty whereby players were paid when they knocked an opposing player out of the game is against the rules. 

Lots of questions. We'll see what happens. 

I've never had a discussion with an NFL head coach or GM. But he is the boss and his player and equipment guys cheated. Lack of institutional control falls on him

I have never had a discussion with an NFL coach either.

But Ive heard many who cover teams say on the air that an NFL head coach doesnt deal with footballs, helmets etc. pre=game...Just not his job.

I would argue that the lack of instuitutional control falls on the franchise as a whole..and the $1 mil fine and draft choice penalty covers that, to me.

Coaches arent fined for late hits or uniform violations, for example

This is strong:

"From Troy Vincent's letter to Tom Brady:

"With respect to your particular involvement, the report established that there is substantial and credible evidence to conclude you were at least generally aware of the actions of the Patriots' employees involved in the deflation of the footballs and that it was unlikely that their actions were done without your knowledge. Moreover, the report documents your failure to cooperate fully and candidly with the investigation, including by refusing to produce any relevant electronic evidence (emails, texts, etc.), despite being offered extraordinary safeguards by the investigators to protect unrelated personal information, and by providing testimony that the report concludes was not plausible and contradicted by other evidence.

"Your actions as set forth in the report clearly constitute conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the game of professional football. The integrity of the game is of paramount importance to everyone in our league, and requires unshakable commitment to fairness and compliance with the playing rules. Each player, no matter how accomplished and otherwise respected, has an obligation to comply with the rules and must be held accountable for his actions when those rules are violated and the public's confidence in the game is called into question.' "

Those two ball boys who were suspended should open up the floodgates and tell everything. No way in Hell would I take the fall for Tom Brady's lying, rich, Ugg wearing butt.

Those two are gong to have a hard time finding work, I imagine

In general I agree, but I don't see any way the Brady legal team can defend the lack of cooperation.  No way I can see that being reduced.

Now, how many games or what fine was levied in liew of that...that has to be determined.

(NOTE: I haven't read any articles or broader NFL statements yet)

I have never had a discussion with an NFL coach either.

But Ive heard many who cover teams say on the air that an NFL head coach doesnt deal with footballs, helmets etc. pre=game...Just not his job.

I would argue that the lack of instuitutional control falls on the franchise as a whole..and the $1 mil fine and draft choice penalty covers that, to me.

Coaches arent fined for late hits or uniform violations, for example

Mickey loomis and Sean Payton were suspended

Agree JJ and btw ... you are about the only Pat guy that didn't get into the bad water...

lol- you noticed ;)   that was my first comment on the whole thing. I was just waiting for the report. It is what it is ;)