Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Omar Kelly I'm told former UM standout Vince Wilfork has three 2-for $10M deals on the table from AFC teams. Should be interesting.

My gut says he'll end up in Houston.  Too many former Patriots there, guys he's familiar with such as Obrien, Mallett, Mike Vrabel. Then you add in the chance to play along with JJ. Watt and Jadaveon Clowney. Plus whatever they add to that D in the draft. I just don't see him being with anyone else but the Texans.  Could be wrong, but I don't believe so.

My gut says he'll end up in Houston.  Too many former Patriots there, guys he's familiar with such as Obrien, Mallett, Mike Vrabel. Then you add in the chance to play along with JJ. Watt and Jadaveon Clowney. Plus whatever they add to that D in the draft. I just don't see him being with anyone else but the Texans.  Could be wrong, but I don't believe so.

yeah but would Wilfork rather go from being on a team with Brady to a team with Mallett, or a team with Luck? 

yeah but would Wilfork rather go from being on a team with Brady to a team with Mallett, or a team with Luck? 

He's at the end of his career for the most part and just coming off a Super Bowl win.  That may not be his main motivation the way it is with A. Johnson whose never been.  As long as they show him a good plan for what they are doing to improve I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.   

I think Houston has a good coaching staff in place, I don't expect them to be trending downwards too much longer.  They almost made the playoffs last year with much of nothing on offense.   It won't take long at all for them to make the playoffs I think.  I'm not sure how motivated we are to add another old DL to the squad.  The guys we've mostly been targeting for the DL are younger than Wilfork.

He's at the end of his career for the most part and just coming off a Super Bowl win.  That may not be his main motivation the way it is with A. Johnson whose never been.  As long as they show him a good plan for what they are doing to improve I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.   

I think Houston has a good coaching staff in place, I don't expect them to be trending downwards too much longer.  They almost made the playoffs last year with much of nothing on offense.   It won't take long at all for them to make the playoffs I think.  I'm not sure how motivated we are to add another old DL to the squad.  The guys we've mostly been targeting for the DL are younger than Wilfork.

typically players like Wilfork, who are in the twilight of their careers, prefer to go to teams who will either give them a huge payday, or give them the best opportunity to win another ring.  It really doesn't make any sense logically for a player like Wilfork to go to a non-contending team unless it's for a huge payday, which according to the thread title doesn't seem to be what he's being offered.

It does not matter to me. He is well past his prime. Still a decent player but I think he would thrive with having Watt and Clowney on the line with him. He would never see a double team ...

I agree on Watt, but Clowney has shown nothing with his play on the field that would warrant any sort of double team (right now)

My gut tells me that if Vince already got an offer that made it an easy decision, he'd be signed. Obviously no one knows what'll happen but it wouldn't surprise me a bit at this point if he stays in NE for less money. 

What I've read is that the biggest draw in Houston is their DC,  former Pats DC,  Romeo Crennel.     That and the contract.   So, he's got that going for him.

If I were the Texans I would not be going after Wilfork, don't really understand their interest.  Wilfork has probably got 2 years in him, and the Texans are a couple of years from being in a position to make a legitimate SB run IMO.  I would rather spend my money on a player with more future potential if I were them.  Seems like they would be better off going hard after Knighton.

Sorry, I just believe that when all of the dust settles, he'll be back in a Patriots uniform.

He's probably simply testing the market and will report back to BB what his value is before they end up kissing each other.

Don't be ridiculous, anyone knows nothing can get that close to Wilfork's mouth without him eating it.

It would take a big man to be humble enough to realize the organization who wanted him to take a pay cut was right and go back for less money....but he does love Kraft and company..so that is where I see him landing. Houston #2 with Crennel and O'brein....I think we would likely be his third choice in all this...with possibly a dark horse like Denver last.