Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andre Johnson is a Colt.

Dustin

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's it for free agency.. don't we have like 12 million left.

Depends on how the deals are structured on the cap hits.  We have a few folks around here that likely follow the deals and can quickly deduce our cap situation.  I'm not sure how many million we need to keep back for draft class and in season injury signings as well, so that plays into it also.

I like the signing I would like to see the guaranteed money on this one.  I would suggest it might be a 2yr deal wrapped in 3yr clothing.  Either way I think it will be good for us, now lets concentrate on the defense and offensive line.  I would still like to see pot roast.

The reported 3 year / $21M is less than the 3 year $24M (with $16M guaranteed) that I thought it would take.  If he can perform like Reggie did for his last three years (not including the injuries part - and preferably like RW's 2012 - which I think was his best year in his career), then I like this signing.

I can recall a lot of people over the years wishing he were on the Colts instead of the Texans, convinced that he was a top 3 receiver in the league.  Hopefully now that he IS a Colt, that talent translates.

This is looking to be the biggest FA year for the Colts, EVER!