Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cory Redding not retiring (Merge)

After a lot of prayer and time to reflect on whether I should retire or not, I've decided to come back and play the game I love.

— Cory Redding Sr. (@CRedd90)

March 10, 2015

Edit: should have put in NFL general as he is a FA. But would not expect him to mull retirement and come back for a year and play elsewhere for that year.

Great, so no RJF or Redding? What are we going to do for linemen? Even with RJF and Redding we got steam rolled at times last year. Suh and Ngata is gone, Wilfork may be headed to Texans...

Uh, it was Redding and RJF getting steam rolled!

Time for Montori to step up. Zach Kerr to get some snaps.

If you watched the combine there will be a number of monsters available in the draft.

And a decent vet IS likely to be signed.

Uh, it was Redding and RJF getting steam rolled!

Time for Montori to step up. Zach Kerr to get some snaps.

If you watched the combine there will be a number of monsters available in the draft.

And a decent vet IS likely to be signed.

I actually like the Langford pick up. I just needed a snickers bar, my bad ;)

Kent Somers of The Arizona Republic reports that the Cardinals are nearing a deal with veteran free agent DE Cory Redding.

• Mike Jurecki reported last night that Redding was visit the Cardinals on Wednesday.

Redding was reportedly considering retirement in recent weeks, but it looks as though he’s willing to play at least one more year.

Redding, 34, signed a three-year, $10,500,000 contract with the Colts back in 2011 that included $2,675,000 guaranteed.

In 2014, Redding appeared in all 16 games for the Colts and recorded 35 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and a pass defense. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 37 defensive end in a 3-4 defense out of 47 qualifying players.