Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to sign Trent Cole, 2 years, $16m (update)

Dustin

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every nfl write/rumor guy says it's a great deal sooo....

It's not a great deal. It might be a fair market deal; we'll see. Avril got $7m/year from the Seahawks without reaching free agency. So $8m isn't that much out of whack, but Cole is 32.

Really? 2yrs 16 Mil?  I really hope only 7 is guaranteed.  I will be the one guy saying I told you so in Nov.  Reminding all the happy people in here, we overpaid this fella.  He is an old man, just like Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis.  Mathis was actually the sack leader 2 years ago tho.

Off topic, but does anyone know how much cap room we have left? I'm assuming we have around $25-30 million left. 

Impossible to tell until the dust settles. No numbers on Adams or Anderson, no details on Reitz, Cole is probably between $5-7m in 2015, Gore is probably around $4m, Andre is on his way to town... 

Gotta wait, probably till Friday, to even think about it, really.

Really? 2yrs 16 Mil?  I really hope only 7 is guaranteed.  I will be the one guy saying I told you so in Nov.  Reminding all the happy people in here, we overpaid this fella.  He is an old man, just like Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis.  Mathis was actually the sack leader 2 years ago tho.

And if you are wrong I'll be happy to remind you.

I like Cole but can we please get someone under 30

That's what the draft is for.  You build with youth...you augment with experience. 

Welcome to the double edged sword that is free agency.  The moderate to lower priced free agents are either going to be over 30 or coming off some kind of injury or both.   Colts have many holes to fill so they are being economical even with their amount of cap space.

I'm okay with the Cole signing.  As others have said...can't have too many pass rushers.

that argument gets thrown around way, WAY more often than it should.  Bottom line, is he's a stop-gap edge rusher, not a long term solution, so really it doesn't matter whether he's better as a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB

I agree. Some seem to think the Colts play nothing but a 3-4. We switched around last season depending on what the other teams offense was doing.