Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Frank Gore (update)

RealityIsLuck

Well, ok. He's had some pretty good lines out in SF. I don't think we're going to be able to block for him nearly as well as they did, but it's worth a shot. Price isn't awful, so long as we can get the production out of him.

I expect him to make a lot if his production up on swings and check downs, the same way Bradshaw has. Our offense really seems to click when that is working for us

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about our signing him.  His history tells me that he's tsill going strong.  For like the past 3 years I've thought that this year would be the year he is on the down hill.  But he keeps chuggin along.  So if there's a 30+ year old RB that can put up another 1,000 yard season I'll put my money on Gore, but that doesn't make me any less skeptical.  Guess it depends on the deal. I wouldn't mind a Fred Jackson type of deal, maybe a little more.

Not sure about our signing him.  His history tells me that he's tsill going strong.  For like the past 3 years I've thought that this year would be the year he is on the down hill.  But he keeps chuggin along.  So if there's a 30+ year old RB that can put up another 1,000 yard season I'll put my money on Gore, but that doesn't make me any less skeptical.  Guess it depends on the deal. I wouldn't mind a Fred Jackson type of deal, maybe a little more.

We don't need a 1000 yard back. We need a dependable one

Yeah that was my thinking too. Why bring in an aging vet? I hope the Pats make a run at Forsett and/or Spiller.

Who yow want? an inexperienced rookie? Gore is a complete back and will help Luck out more then you think. Watch any 49ers game? then you will  know. We are not talking a 1975 32 year old body RB here. 

Like who? Boom Bust, Injured Ballard/Bradshaw. Guess fans here don't appreciate a complete player from other teams, and are not used to getting FA's of such caliber, age be dammed.

Who yow want? an inexperienced rookie? Gore is a complete back and will help Luck out more then you think. Watch any 49ers game? then you will  know. We are not talking a 1975 32 year old body RB here. 

He ripped off a 51 yard TD run in Week 15 last season. He's still a better back than anyone we've had since 2007.

I'm not excited about him, but there's no question he'll be a good player for us. Assuming he signs.

He ripped off a 51 yard TD run in Week 15 last season. He's still a better back than anyone we've had since 2007.

I'm not excited about him, but there's no question he'll be a good player for us. Assuming he signs.

Also he rushed for like 180+ and 140+ in his final two games. 

I understand. I  wasn't saying we needed him to gdet a 1000 yards.  I'm saying that if there was an older RB who could do it, it was Gore - speaking more toward his dependability than setting some sort of baseline production.

Like who? Boom Bust, Injured Ballard/Bradshaw. Guess fans here don't appreciate a complete player from other teams, and are not used to getting FA's of such caliber, age be dammed.

Umm, like Gore. 

My point being we don't need Gore to get us 1000 yards. We need him to be the complete player, on all facets, that he is.

I like the signing

Still does not fit his style.  They run outside the tackles, which is not his style.

Gore is familiar and had success with Pep Hamiltons scheme.  The only reason

the Colts did not run much is that we could not block consistently enough to do

so. 

Plus our backs were mediocre after the Bradshaw injury.  No way do we

pass the ball all day long with Frank Gore in the backfield and an improved offensive

line. I'm sure Gore knows we'd run it more if he came here.

That's the way Shady runs. That's why they shipped him off and went after Gore.

Looks like he still has a quick burst and really good vision. Even if he's a more durable Bradshaw I'm happy. Cause I love me some Bradshaw. Dude just can't stay healthy. Unlike Trent who has no vision or burst.

I hope we can resign Bradshaw on a short deal too. 

Gore + Bradshaw would be fantastic. It's like the philosphy of the Trent + Bradshaw combo without a completely ineffective power back. Should keep Bradshaw healthy too, not seeing the field as much.

In all seriousness though....since we have now signed Frank Gore we definitely need to do something with Trent.

I am hearing reports that if we keep TR his jersey number is going to have to be modified slightly.

I am attaching the new modification...it's not a "HUGE" change in terms of the jersey's appearance...but the change is there...you can see it.

From the NFL.COM article....

"Although Gore has University of Miami connections to coach Chuck Pagano and associate head coach Rob Chudzinski, the five-time Pro Bowl tailback told NFL Media analyst LaDainian Tomlinson that offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton was the big draw."

That's amazing that PEP was a big draw for him...I mean, I guess I get it...."PASS...RUN...RUN" sometimes is a good thing for a guy who RUNS right ?