Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Frank Gore (update)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shefter is usually spot on.  I can't believe he keeps scooping Chris Mortensen.  Is Morty getting old?  WTH?  Anyway, like the previous post says, not a deal until the ink dries around 4:05pm  :)    

This is NOT the BIG SPLASH.  We need a really BIG SPLASH.  Who is it going to be?  It needs to be someone in the 25-27 year-old range who has a lot of miles left in their gitty-up.  Any thoughts?

Shefter is usually spot on. I can't believe he keeps scooping Chris Mortensen. Is Morty getting old? WTH? Anyway, like the previous post says, not a deal until the ink dries around 4:05pm :)

This is NOT the BIG SPLASH. We need a really BIG SPLASH. Who is it going to be? It needs to be someone in the 25-27 year-old range who has a lot of miles left in their gitty-up. Any thoughts?

How old is fairly

Shefter is usually spot on.  I can't believe he keeps scooping Chris Mortensen.  Is Morty getting old?  WTH?  Anyway, like the previous post says, not a deal until the ink dries around 4:05pm  :)    

This is NOT the BIG SPLASH.  We need a really BIG SPLASH.  Who is it going to be?  It needs to be someone in the 25-27 year-old range who has a lot of miles left in their gitty-up.  Any thoughts?

Give it time.

Don't like the guaranteed money for Frank Gore there.  4 mil not bad, but 7.5 guaranteed?  Ugg

Structure is nearly everything. For all we know he has an accelerated cap hit of like 6m in his first year or something that is all guaranteed. 

Don't like the guaranteed money for Frank Gore there.  4 mil not bad, but 7.5 guaranteed?  Ugg

considering that the Eagles were looking at 6 mil/yr. , we might have done ok.  7.5 just ensures that he gets almost 2 years out of his contract, that's all.  I'm fine with that.

Gore isn't trash and by all reports, the 49ers were not wanting him gone, they wanted him to stay.

I think he's kind of their Reggie Wayne.  Been there so long it's hard to get rid of him.  

I don't like his age and the number of carries he's had.  But he played well last season and has his whole career.  

To put Gore's price in perspective:

Donald Brown, Chargers,  Signed a three-year, $10.5 million contract. The deal contains $4 million guaranteed.

Toby Gerhart, Jags, Signed a three -year, $10.5 million contract. The deal contains $4.5 million guaranteed.