Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck's trash talk (merge)

Moopsiepuffs

http://www.wsj.com/articles/andrew-luck-the-nfls-most-perplexing-trash-talker-1418663249

Andrew Luck’s legend is growing.

Sure, there’s buzz about how he has thrown for more yards in his first three seasons than anyone in NFL history. Or the fact he’s led the Indianapolis Colts to the playoffs in each of his NFL seasons, after clinching a spot this year with Sunday’s win. But among NFL players, the gossip around Luck concerns a peculiar brand of on-field chatter so confusing and brilliant that no one knows quite what to make of it.

“In all the years I’ve played football I have heard anything like it,” said Washington Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan. “Nothing even close.”

Edited by 21isSuperman
Please do not copy/paste entire articles

Has Luck ever been mic'd up for Sound FX? Got to think if he has that they would have picked one of these up...

It's pretty funny reading the defensive players' reactions to it. "Uh... thanks?" LOL...

Yeah there's been some footage of him congratulating players.

He's on it again this Tuesday night on NFL Network.

I don't care if it's intentional or not, for someone who hasn't met him before I think there is some gamesmanship that helps a bit.  

It has to be frustrating as a rusher to get that hit and for him to tell you "Hey nice hit".  

If hitting the QB after he's released the ball doesn't upset him or affect his play then it's nothing but wasted effort.

Now if you know the guy and have played him a few times like JJ Watt, you probably just get used to it.  

I do like that he doesn't look for the flag every time he gets hit and that seems to earn him some respect among opponents.  But the better he starts playing the more the aura of protection from the Refs getting their orders from NFL brass is going to surround him.  

NFL doesn't want it's star quarterback's hurt and they charge their refs to look after them. 

You probably don't expect Andrew Luck to be much of a trash talker.

However, that depends on your definition of trash talk.

The Indianapolis Colts quarterback is mild-mannered and often complimentary, which aimed at someone trying to knock your head off, can be quite disarming -- and effective.

Kevin Clark of the Wall Street Journal interviewed 12 players, who have sacked or at least hit Luck since he entered the NFL three seasons ago. Each said the words out of Luck's mouth are akin to what you'd expect from an encouraging elementary school teacher.

"In all the years I've played football I have (never) heard anything like it," said Washington Redskins linebacker and former Purdue standout Ryan Kerrigan. "Nothing even close."

this is hilarious. gotta love sir lucksworth  :lol:

Has Luck ever been mic'd up for Sound FX? Got to think if he has that they would have picked one of these up...

It's pretty funny reading the defensive players' reactions to it. "Uh... thanks?" LOL...

He has, but they didn't include those.  Here's one that does  (I hope it works)

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/59BA7402761141215211156590592_2adca2d5227.5.0.6445712742269636690.mp4?versionId=AVRerUJCnn492GIeHKXBacFGVH2S_QIa

But the SoundFX vis is here-

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000084957/Sound-FX-Luck-uses-his-legs