Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ndamukong Suh: Agent will decide.

"Agent will decide where I play next"

Ndamukong Suh could be playing his final home game at Ford Field on Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000442006/article/ndamukong-suh-agent-will-decide-where-i-play-next

My question for you guys is this. Would you support a grigson signing?

Mathis and Suh and possible up and coming Werner.

Suh could be a Haynesworth type of player. There are other options.

I don't think that he's like Haynesworth.  Suh has a mean streak and plays right on the edge emotionally.  People keep talking about his bad attitude but I haven't heard that his teammates dislike him - has anyone else?

I think that he's too expensive and I'm not sure ho he fits a 3-4 defense.  The Colts have too many needs for a such a big cap hit.

You don't know that for a fact. He might demand higher $$ than what teams are willing to pay, and sit in free agency for a long time past the draft even. 

What you suggest has .0000000000000001% chance of happening.  The big name, big ticket free agents are almost always signed in the immediate hours & days after the FA period opens in March.  In fact I would bet a free agent the caliber of Suh will know exactly who and for how much he will sign for before FA opens.

In other words, my original statement is accurate.  There will be no looking around post-draft bythe Colts or any team to say now let's go get Suh.

Cost too much sadly and he doesnt fit the system

Suh could fit into the system.   Suh is basically a 3-technique, and that's what the DT (Jones and RJF) play in the base 3-4 front.  Plus he would be a monster on the interior in Nickel and Dime looks.  However, I don't think he'll wind up here due to the contract he'll most likely want.

The cap is going up to about $140 mil. next year, guys. If he fits, we should go after him. We have the leadership in the locker room to keep his attitude in check, no doubt about that to me, especially if Mathis and Redding are still around.

I am just afraid he might go to the Broncos or Patriots because they run more 4 man fronts though they have problems of re-signing key players themselves. If he have leftover cap that can be rolled over, it is a huge plus. He is a very good run defender despite folks focusing mainly on his pass rush and demands double teams freeing up our LBs. If Newsome or Werner develop on the outside and a double team is needed for Mathis, the pressure will come inside and outside for teams and our D will benefit.

The money alone will just be too much.  Plus, as some have said, his attitude just isn't a fit here I don't think. 

I don't know if you are familiar with Waldens past but given we had no problem signing Suh I don't think it would be a stretch to say Suhs attitude would be a non worry in signing him.....But I don't think we sign him anyway or that he will be available anyway

I'm sure he will want to play for a contender. But the Lions will most likely throw out the cash to bring him back.

Of course any great player would make our team better...I doubt we have the cap space to sign him. We have to re sign an abundance of guys that help out team in the next 1-2 years.

I bet he goes to the Patriots or Denver! haha

I don't know if you are familiar with Waldens past but given we had no problem signing Suh I don't think it would be a stretch to say Suhs attitude would be a non worry in signing him.....But I don't think we sign him anyway or that he will be available anyway

I actually wasn't that famililar with it, or if I had heard anything about it, I forgot.  But even so, I would be hardpressed to believe it would be anywhere near as bad as Suh.

I'd rather take a swing at ol' Pot Roast Knighton or even Mosley from Lions (I think he'll be free agent too) at DT. 

Suh is going to want a massive payday, and his attitude is garbage. 

This doesn't excite me: 

Suh-My-reaction-hellip-was-unacceptable-

You just know that he's gonna pull some stunt like that right after a big 3rd down or 4th down stop in a very important game.

Imagine. . . we're up by 2, 4th quarter, 4th down on defense at midfield.  All we have to do is make the stop, take a knee and we're AFC champs.  Tom Brady goes to the line, takes the snap, Suh makes a great swim move plows straight into the Brady for a sack.  Then Suh decides he needs to give Brady a good swift kick to the head. . . cause he's Ndamukong Suh.  So Suh kicks Brady in the head with the ref right there.  Ref throws the flag, Suh's ejected. . . 15 yard penalty - first down.  Brady hands the ball off once to run the clock down, Belicheck takes his last timeout with 2 second left.  Gostkowski walks on the field, kicks the field goal and the Colts lose by 1.  Pats back in the SB, Colts go home.  

This or something similar is going to happen if we sign Suh.  I want no part of it. 

What you suggest has .0000000000000001% chance of happening.  The big name, big ticket free agents are almost always signed in the immediate hours & days after the FA period opens in March.  In fact I would bet a free agent the caliber of Suh will know exactly who and for how much he will sign for before FA opens.

In other words, my original statement is accurate.  There will be no looking around post-draft bythe Colts or any team to say now let's go get Suh.

Again, you don't know any of that for a fact. It's all pure speculation.  Heck, my statement might not be true. Who knows. 

Suh could fit into the system.   Suh is basically a 3-technique, and that's what the DT (Jones and RJF) play in the base 3-4 front.  Plus he would be a monster on the interior in Nickel and Dime looks.  However, I don't think he'll wind up here due to the contract he'll most likely want.

I think we've danced this dance before,  but Jones and RJF play a 5-technique in the base 3-4.    That's the base spot in a 3-4.

Just as the 3-technique is the base spot in a 4-3.

I'm not saying Jones or RJF never play the 3-tech,  but in the base?     It's the 5, not the 3.

I think the comparison to Haynesworth is off. Haynesworth was a problem for his coaches...he was lazy. Suh has never been that, but has had on-field emotional tantrums, which he's controlled this year. I have never heard of him being a malcontent, like Haynesworth was his entire career except for one year.

But I wouldn't sign him. Too much money for an interior player that is not an exceptional NFL pass rusher.

Okay, meant on the field.  Defintiely do not remember his off the field issue.  Which is ironic, because if we had signed him within the pa st 3 months, we'd talk about him as if he were Ray Rice.  If it happened at the right time, he'd be the center of attention for the past 4 months.