Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Speculation] Welcome to Indy LeGarrette Blount?

Dustin

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a LONG history of doing stupid things (see: Oregon sucker punch, arrest for smoking weed, and walking out on his team to name a few). He's also never been consistently good. Yes had some huge single game performances, but even when he was the starter in TB he sparingly produced.

In my opinion, I'd never want anyone that walked out on his team in my locker room. It shows how selfish and childish of a player he is.

We just need people that can help us win games and get is into the playoffs for this season. It's a disaster waiting to happen if Trent is the guy moving forward. We don't need a Valedictorian to come and be the face and model of our franchise. We have the ability to give him what he wants..carries. he's not Adrian Peterson or our savior but he gives us a way better shot at a run game then Trent does. Atleast we know from personal experience that Blount is capable of having explosive games. Fans really need to stop being so picky. This is football, most the guys that play this game do tend to have anger issues or some type of temper problems. He's just not very good at holding it in.

We just need people that can help us win games and get is into the playoffs for this season. It's a disaster waiting to happen if Trent is the guy moving forward. We don't need a Valedictorian to come and be the face and model of our franchise. We have the ability to give him what he wants..carries. he's not Adrian Peterson or our savior but he gives us a way better shot at a run game then Trent does. Atleast we know from personal experience that Blount is capable of having explosive games. Fans really need to stop being so picky. This is football, most the guys that play this game do tend to have anger issues or some type of temper problems. He's just not very good at holding it in.

Personality flaws asside, do you realistically think that a guy like him could actually be successful behind our O-line? Him quitting on his team shows me his mental toughness and inability to be part of a team.

Personality flaws asside, do you realistically think that a guy like him could actually be successful behind our O-line? Him quitting on his team shows me his mental toughness and inability to be part of a team.

Blount would fight for every yard with our O-Line. Just watch the video above. 

If he can't play for Mike Tomlin,  I question whether he can play for Chuck Pagano and the Colts.

My brother has issue with Tomlin and like CBS says below (and my brother would agree) he is a punk.  I just don't get it, I always liked the guy, that he was a good guy, tough but good

whys that. Him and tomlin are both punks that doesnt equal out well.i dont remember him having trouble on the pats.

Why is he a punk?

My brother and I had this discussion and he cites the incident on the sidelines and a couple other things that escape me at the moment but why your disdain?

Do people honestly think our problem is still the RB?  It does not matter who we have running the ball.  Nobody is going to be happy with the production behind the line that we currently have.  I was very impressed how Bradshaw managed to do as good as he did, but with being stopped in the backfield 5+ times a game it tends to kill an average.. A RB carries the ball 20x for 100 yards that's 5 ypc (for those bad at math).  Add 5 more carries but on those each one lost 3 yards.  25 carries of 85 yards is where we stand that takes us from a 5.0 to 3.4!!  Now do you understand why Trent is a bust (sarcasm)?  That is exactly what you see going on with him!!  I've seen many 5 yard runs but havent once saw him take a handoff and turn his back to the play.  He gets hit 3 yards behind the LOS at least 5x a game when he carries the ball 20-25 times.  It's not him saying I only get 3.5 yards every time I touch the ball!!  I don't know if people actually watch or just look at the stat sheet.  If you want to say he dances too much, it's because last season he was very impatient, and was always in a hurry running into blockers (where holes should've been).  This year he is hesitating because he wants to be patient, but the line still isn't opening holes.  Look at successful RB's they arent fighting off defenders and breaking tackles as they get the ball.  No, they have a full head of steam as the burst through a 4 ft wide gaping hole then hit the LB while their momentum carries them forward for a gain of 7.  Do you see a difference?

In case you still don't don't get it, or don't want to read ^^^  The problem is the offensive line and their run blocking.  Bringing in another RB isn't going to fix the problem!!

My brother has issue with Tomlin and like CBS says below (and my brother would agree) he is a punk.  I just don't get it, I always liked the guy, that he was a good guy, tough but good

Why is he a punk?

My brother and I had this discussion and he cites the incident on the sidelines and a couple other things that escape me at the moment but why your disdain?

CBS Sports is calling Pittsburgh Head Coach Mike Tomlin a punk?!?!?     Or is CBS calling Blount a punk?

And if it's Blount, well, doesn't that go to my point....?

Can you please provide a link to that?    That's something I've got to read....

CBS Sports is calling Pittsburgh Head Coach Mike Tomlin a punk?!?!?     Or is CBS calling Blount a punk?

And if it's Blount, well, doesn't that go to my point....?

Can you please provide a link to that?    That's something I've got to read....

I've got you totally confused!  My fault.  In my quote to you I also quoted CantBeStopped (CBS) sorry for my confusing post!!!!

:facepalm:

What I was say is like Cantbestopped my brother think tomlins a punk and I disagree.  I thought Tomlin was a good guy.  What are your thoughts on Tomlin

Do people honestly think our problem is still the RB? It does not matter who we have running the ball. Nobody is going to be happy with the production behind the line that we currently have. I was very impressed how Bradshaw managed to do as good as he did, but with being stopped in the backfield 5+ times a game it tends to kill an average.. A RB carries the ball 20x for 100 yards that's 5 ypc (for those bad at math). Add 5 more carries but on those each one lost 3 yards. 25 carries of 85 yards is where we stand that takes us from a 5.0 to 3.4!! Now do you understand why Trent is a bust (sarcasm)? That is exactly what you see going on with him!! I've seen many 5 yard runs but havent once saw him take a handoff and turn his back to the play. He gets hit 3 yards behind the LOS at least 5x a game when he carries the ball 20-25 times. It's not him saying I only get 3.5 yards every time I touch the ball!! I don't know if people actually watch or just look at the stat sheet. If you want to say he dances too much, it's because last season he was very impatient, and was always in a hurry running into blockers (where holes should've been). This year he is hesitating because he wants to be patient, but the line still isn't opening holes. Look at successful RB's they arent fighting off defenders and breaking tackles as they get the ball. No, they have a full head of steam as the burst through a 4 ft wide gaping hole then hit the LB while their momentum carries them forward for a gain of 7. Do you see a difference?

In case you still don't don't get it, or don't want to read ^^^ The problem is the offensive line and their run blocking. Bringing in another RB isn't going to fix the problem!!

Trent danced and hesitated in Cleveland. Somehow both backs he has shared time with on the Colts have managed to outperform him. Unless somehow this is historically the worst offensive line ever then I don't see how that argument holds water.

Bradshaw was a good back, he was not the greatest ever, he never even got close to being in any conversation of being anything beyond good.

Brown wasn't even considered a good back and he was better then Trent.

So to say that its all the line makes no sense. Bradshaw and Brown both outperformed Trent behind the same lines. Line ain't good, but neither is Trent. He couldn't even get league average ypc in Cleveland with a good line.

We need offensive linemen more than we need running backs. Barry Sanders

in his prime is the only guy that can make something out of nothing this

line creates.

That's kind of where I'm at.  I guy like Boom may actually be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe, just maybe if he can manage to make it through a hole this garbage line creates, he can get some good yardage.  From what I've seen of Boom he can be somewhat explosive. 

As you said though it's pretty tough for any RB, even an all world RB to get any yardage the way the OL run blocks sometimes, especially last week.  If that continues, say goodbye to the running game the rest of the way.  That all being said, the line is inconsistent.  One game they may open up lanes, the next game maybe not lol.  It's an enigma, a mysterious occurrence.  The team lacks consistency in various departments. 

On the other hand, the way the defense has just been giving up 39 ppg the last 3 games, it might not matter if the OL can open up some lanes............................

:wall:

Ive seen this mentality on Colts boards over the years and frankly I dont get it. The mentality Im talking about is the majority saying "pass" on a guy that has some questions about his character. Frankly, I think the Colts could use some guys with a bad attitude. The "we only want boyscouts who help old ladies across the street" thinking is, IMO, why this team is soft. And in case everyone has forgotten, its not like the owner of this team is someone above reproach. 

The guy didnt beat dogs to death or kill someone in a DUI or knock out his wife in an elevator. Ya, maybe he was frustrated about whatever the situation was in Pittsburgh (that frankly none of us know the full details of) and he overreacted, probably like alot of us have done at one point in our life. He was expendable there because they have Bell so they cut him. I for one would like to see a guy come in thats ready to kick some butt and prove something. 

And as we all know the Oline sucks. We get that. But as many others have pointed out other RBs on this team seem to consistently outperform T-Rich behind the same sucky O-line. I wouldnt be surprised to see Blount do the same.

I've got you totally confused!  My fault.  In my quote to you I also quoted CantBeStopped (CBS) sorry for my confusing post!!!!

:facepalm:

What I was say is like Cantbestopped my brother think tomlins a punk and I disagree.  I thought Tomlin was a good guy.  What are your thoughts on Tomlin

I'm a Tomlin admirer.    I like him as a coach.   I like him as a person.

I think he's a quality coach who players play hard for.      I think the Steeler's struggles in the past few years have been mostly in personnel.....

Just my observations from a long way away.....

Ive seen this mentality on Colts boards over the years and frankly I dont get it. The mentality Im talking about is the majority saying "pass" on a guy that has some questions about his character. Frankly, I think the Colts could use some guys with a bad attitude. The "we only want boyscouts who help old ladies across the street" thinking is, IMO, why this team is soft. And in case everyone has forgotten, its not like the owner of this team is someone above reproach.

The guy didnt beat dogs to death or kill someone in a DUI or knock out his wife in an elevator. Ya, maybe he was frustrated about whatever the situation was in Pittsburgh (that frankly none of us know the full details of) and he overreacted, probably like alot of us have done at one point in our life. He was expendable there because they have Bell so they cut him. I for one would like to see a guy come in thats ready to kick some butt and prove something.

And as we all know the Oline sucks. We get that. But as many others have pointed out other RBs on this team seem to consistently outperform T-Rich behind the same sucky O-line. I wouldnt be surprised to see Blount do the same.

There's a big difference between playing with a mean streak and being a locker room cancer. One smashes skulls on the field and is a solid team player. The other sucker punches an opposing player after a game and gets arrested for smoking weed in a car.

This front office has taken chances with guys that aren't "boyscouts". Newsome, Purifoy, and Rogers to name a few.

gets arrested for smoking weed in a car.

Guess thats a big difference from the owner getting busted with a trunk full of pharmaceuticals arrested on DUI, and who has a history of prescription drug abuse.  

This is what Im saying. Alot of ppl make mistakes. So because of some bad choices should they never get another chance?

Guess thats a big difference from the owner getting busted with a trunk full of pharmaceuticals arrested on DUI, and who has a history of prescription drug abuse.

This is what Im saying. Alot of ppl make mistakes. So because of some bad choices should they never get another chance?

If that's the only issue it's a different story, but it's not. It's not about 2nd chances, it's about someone that's on his 4th or 5th chance and is a negative locker room presence. Dude walked oout on his team because he didn't get any carries when they won. No thanks.....

That's kind of where I'm at.  I guy like Boom may actually be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe, just maybe if he can manage to make it through a hole this garbage line creates, he can get some good yardage.  From what I've seen of Boom he can be somewhat explosive. 

As you said though it's pretty tough for any RB, even an all world RB to get any yardage the way the OL run blocks sometimes, especially last week.  If that continues, say goodbye to the running game the rest of the way.  That all being said, the line is inconsistent.  One game they may open up lanes, the next game maybe not lol.  It's an enigma, a mysterious occurrence.  The team lacks consistency in various departments. 

On the other hand, the way the defense has just been giving up 39 ppg the last 3 games, it might not matter if the OL can open up some lanes............................

:wall:

I too am waiting to see what Boom Herron will contribute.  Maybe if we can get a guy in there that has very good vision to find the holes and hit them befor they close we might be able to get something going. I think his decisiveness and explosion are going to get us some production to be honest.  I can't wait for this Sunday.  Hopefully this coaching staff won't be stupid and decide not to give him any carries like in the Pittsburgh game.

Would you call Mathis soft?  Redding?  Walden? There's a difference between players with a mean streak on the field vs. pure punks.  Blount got Laveon Bell in trouble in Pitt when they went out 'smokin' together., and Blount did this on National TV-

Toughness, yes.  Punks, no.  Period.

Would you call Mathis soft? Redding? Walden? There's a difference between players with a mean streak on the field vs. pure punks. Blount got Laveon Bell in trouble in Pitt when they went out 'smokin' together., and Blount did this on National TV-

Toughness, yes. Punks, no. Period.

Lol So Blount is responsible for Bell's actions?

Love the fact ur interested in improving the team but heck no with Blount. Never. That would be like signing Nicks or Trent. We would be like his 3rd team in as many years I think. Journeymen aren't good most of the time. Teams are throwing them out for a reason...I don't wanna pick him up to find out. Tate and AP is out there. Depending on how people feel about AP now. Vikes don't want him.