Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

R.E.L.A.X Coltsnation

BProland85

Everyone is freaking out about this game against the Steelers. Bottom line, Colts aren't this bad, and Steelers aren't this good. It's the NFL people, even the Browns can be made to look good every now and again.

Agreed weren't the Pats and Brady being written off about 3 weeks ago

Everyone is freaking out about this game against the Steelers. Bottom line, Colts aren't this bad, and Steelers aren't this good. It's the NFL people, even the Browns can be made to look good every now and again.

Think this team going to Super Bowl. No way. Not the same caliber as Denver.

lets face it. We never play good in pittsburgh. Can't remember the last time that we won there. Hopefully this is our Rams game from last year and we can right the ship again and start another 5 game winning streak if not longer. WE WILL BE FINE  !!!!!!!!!!

Lets look at it this way, if the wort the Colts can look then they are still a good team.  They had the ball with needing only one score to tie.  Stuff happens.  Pick six here, safety there.  

Bottom line, Colts D barely showed up and they still had chances to win and didn't capitalize.  They will be better. It is not a division loss, winning the South is goal #1.  That gets you in the show, thats all you need.

Lets look at it this way, if the wort the Colts can look then they are still a good team. They had the ball with needing only one score to tie. Stuff happens. Pick six here, safety there.

Let's not forget we were in the game halfway through the 4th quarter and our defense had an historically bad game.

As bad as the Colts looked. Pittsburgh was that much better because Luck still threw for 400 yards on them... I mean the two quarterbacks threw for a combine 900+ plus yards with the Colts sucking just a little more. Davis sitting out hurt, and Toler seems to get flagged a quite a bit. Things could be a lot worse.

Things are not as bad as they looked today.

And they weren't as good as they seemed when we were winning 5 in a row in impression fashion.

The truth always lies somewhere in the middle.

A few weeks ago,  some were saying things were over in New England and the Pats should trade Tom Brady and start the Jimmy Garaffallo era.      How does that look today after New England pounded the Bears in Chicago and Brady looked like a HofFamer?!

It's a long season and things will get better than what we saw today.....  (of course, they couldn't look much worse!)

lets face it. We never play good in pittsburgh. Can't remember the last time that we won there. Hopefully this is our Rams game from last year and we can right the ship again and start another 5 game winning streak if not longer. WE WILL BE FINE  !!!!!!!!!!

2008. I know because I was there haha. Didn't see the game today (got forced to work 16 hours) but even with the huge lead and basically until the kneel down, I wasn't comfortable and probably will never be when Luck is under center. All I could think about is that Chiefs game in the post-season and know Luck is good for a good comeback regardless of the defeicity and they made it interesting. In the Tomlin thread I mentioned how the Steelers haven't really put it all together. They did today and are capable of that weekly. I just hope it is consistent. 

Still, you have a good team, Colts fans and will probably be a there at the end for a chance at the dance. You're going far. Good luck the rest of the way. 

2008 we won at Pittsburgh 24-20.

Games like this make me think Football is rigged. I don't see how we can go from shutting out the Bengals to giving up 51 points to the Steelers. Is Vontae really that much of a difference? I noticed our defense was getting hurt all over the place, but we weren't even getting pressure on Ben, not one sack. Very pathetic display on defense. The positive in this game, if there is one, is that Donte Moncrief did a solid job in his first game replacing Reggie Wayne, and it looks like we'll be fine without Reggie once that time comes. This is also a reminder though, that we need to draft almost all defense in next year's draft. We are bad there, and I'm leaning toward the conclusion that our shutout against Cinci was because of their Offensive injuries, not because we are that good. Hopefully our injuries aren't too bad, especially Vontae, and the bye can't come quick enough IMO.

Games like this make me think Football is rigged. I don't see how we can go from shutting out the Bengals to giving up 51 points to the Steelers. Is Vontae really that much of a difference? I noticed our defense was getting hurt all over the place, but we weren't even getting pressure on Ben, not one sack. Very pathetic display on defense. The positive in this game, if there is one, is that Donte Moncrief did a solid job in his first game replacing Reggie Wayne, and it looks like we'll be fine without Reggie once that time comes. This is also a reminder though, that we need to draft almost all defense in next year's draft. We are bad there, and I'm leaning toward the conclusion that our shutout against Cinci was because of their Offensive injuries, not because we are that good. Hopefully our injuries aren't too bad, especially Vontae, and the bye can't come quick enough IMO.

I don't see how we can go from shutting out the Bengals to giving up 51 points to the Steelers

A:The Bengals were out there top 2 wr's in that game......It was not a true representation of who they are when healthy

This is also a reminder though, that we need to draft almost all defense in next years draft

A:I don't think planning on drafting for a certain position or particular side of the ball is a wise move....Don't want to wind up with someone not very good just because you have a need

and I'm leaning toward the conclusion that our shutout against Cinci was because of their Offensive injuries,

Im not saying we cant shut them out but in no way shape or form did we see an accurate representation of the Bengals without there top 2 wr's....And whoever says otherwise never watched the Bengals or much more likely is talking big because either they totally disrespect Andy Daltons ability or feel this need to put the Bengals down to prop up the Colts

The truth is in my opinion we were not quite as good as those blowouts we were putting up...Obviously we are a good team.....But we put a beating on Jax......We putting a beating on the Titans without them having a real starting QB.......and we beat a solid Ravens team.....But we beat them at home.......We won those games...Taking nothing away from those game.......But those blowouts were again bad teams right now and a good team but at home.......

The good news is I don't think what we saw vs the Steelers is an accurate representation of who we are BUT we are not there yet.....We still have coverage problems with our ILB's(Basically if a offensive coordinator or opposing QB wants to take advantage of them then there is nothing much we can do right now)....We still need a long term Safety...Though Adams has played well overall since starting......But he is 32........We need better depth at Corner...Gordy has not shown to be good depth...Also Vontae went down vs the Steelers exposing the depth issues we have at Corner....Add all that up and offensive line that was awful last night...(Luck held onto the ball several times instead of scrambling or throwing the ball away however)

That's why I'm totally upset! WTH was that? Did they think it was enough to send out jerseys, helmets and cleats? The team (especially D) under-performed.

And I'm concerned about injuries...we can't loose starters when Pats are coming in 2 weeks.

You cant get 50 dropped on you and just pass it off..

5-3 at midseason is good but we need vats improvement defensively. You had to see that

We were not playing the Jags, Titans or the Bengals without there #1 and 2 wr's...We played legit nfl competition in the Steelers....and we did it from the 5:42 mark of the 1st Quarter on (when then game was still only 7-3 Steelers) without Vontae

I think we have to be realistic

at mid-season..,,we have a top offense and an average defense...

...There aren't ,long term worries because our division is so soft...

...but when we go on the road, we need to outscore teams...our 'D' wont hold up

Agree here...the Colts defense at times will struggle away from LOS.

That's probably true, but at least we know the defense has a high ceiling when it's really clicking.

Thats the most encouraging thing about the season thus far. The NFL isn't about being the best team every week. It's about putting it together at the right time. The Colts make the playoffs, and at the midpoint of the season, there is plenty of time for our d to go on a run again.

We will learn a lot about this team next week when we play the Giants at their home.

Will the team come out with a fire and look sharp or come out looking lost and grumpy like a petulent child?

Defeats like this reveal a character of a team.  It will be interesting to see how this team responds.

It was a pretty embarressing defeat to say the least.  The butt safety was the icing on the cake.  The Colts truly are their own worse enemy. 

Don't blame the 51 points on VD being out.  The Steelers had 28 points before he left the game.  This was a bad game all around.  The Steelers had a great game plan, especially their blocking scheme against the front 7.  Manusky did not do anything that fooled the Steelers offensive line and Lebeau showed Pep that he still has a thing or three to learn about being an OC in the NFL.

The real character of the team will show next week and if or how they bounce back from a loss like this where they had their butts kicks in every aspect of the game.