Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Castonzo

Dark Superman

According to Pro Football Focus, @AnthonyCastonzo has not given up a sack in the last 10 games (just over 463 pass blocking snaps). #Colts

That's just incredible in my book. This guy has to be one of the most underrated Left Tackles in the game because I never hear anyone talk about him at all.

I'm glad we picked up a fifth year option on him, but man.. After next season we are going to have a lot of money that's going to be invested at keeping our own players.

Castanzo will be re-signed w/o a doubt. he has done very well, and plus he plays board games with our QB lol.

O-line all around is a top priority. We need better depth, especially at tackle.

Side note: Cherilus has always had an up and down year every other year, so hopefully next year will be a good one. 

AC gave up a ton of pressure against Denver and was handled easily and abused at times yesterday against the run.

FEW QB`s other than Andrew would have had less than 3-4 sacks yesterday.

It is like many of you don`t really see what is actually going on in the game. 

So no credit should be given to the defensive player? Some act like just because the player is a Colt then they should be superman or something. Always complaining about what a Colt player don't do without even seeing how good the players they are facing are.

Castonzo has played great this season, one of the reasons I changed my avatar. He's the best offensive linemen on the best offense in the league. He's going to get payed top 5 LT money and it'll be worth it. One of the few great picks Polian drafted. The 2011 draft that had Tyron Smith, Solder, Castonzo, Orlando Franklin, and Marcus Cannon has been the best tackle class this era.

Castonzo has played great this season, one of the reasons I changed my avatar. He's the best offensive linemen on the best offense in the league. He's going to get payed top 5 LT money and it'll be worth it. One of the few great picks Polian drafted. The 2011 draft that had Tyron Smith, Solder, Castonzo, Orlando Franklin, and Marcus Cannon has been the best tackle class this era.

and let's all be thankful bill didn't take gabe carimi or derek sherrod, that (combined with his 2nd round pick - ben ijalana) would have been a disaster...

AC gave up a ton of pressure against Denver and was handled easily and abused at times yesterday against the run.

That's OK,  BBZ....

Because we all know we have YOU to tell us how stupid we all are and how smart you are and how much we don't know about football.

And you seem to like to do this in most every post you make.

Not sure why you do?    But you really like to point that out.....

Hey, maybe you're simply unaware that you do it?   Glad I had the chance to let you know... 

After all,  what are friends for?!?      :thmup:

That's OK, BBZ....

Because we all know we have YOU to tell us how stupid we all are and how smart you are and how much we don't know about football.

And you seem to like to do this in most every post you make.

Not sure why you do? But you really like to point that out.....

Hey, maybe you're simply unaware that you do it? Glad I had the chance to let you know...

After all, what are friends for?!? :thmup:

He's kinda right, though, except for excluding himself from the statement. Precious few actually know what is going on, but many invest significant effort in posturing to sound like they do.

and let's all be thankful bill didn't take gabe carimi or derek sherrod, that (combined with his 2nd round pick - ben ijalana) would have been a disaster...

I was super high on Sherrod.  To be fair, I think it is unfair to lump him with Carimi, for Sherrod was undone by a severely broken leg that took almost two years for him to return from.  Would that break have occurred if he were instead with the Colts?  He's essentially a rookie thrown into a starting role, now.  No surprise that he's struggling, especially considering the severity of the injury he is coming back from.

All that being said, I am glad we went for Castonzo!  Mike Mayok, whom I respect, said he's a guy that you plug in and will be a ten you starter for you.  Castonzo is everything he was hyped to be.

Castanzo will be re-signed w/o a doubt. he has done very well, and plus he plays board games with our QB lol.

O-line all around is a top priority. We need better depth, especially at tackle.

Side note: Cherilus has always had an up and down year every other year, so hopefully next year will be a good one. 

I wish Rodgers was playing board games at 3:30am w/ luck & castanzo   :(

AC gave up a ton of pressure against Denver

No he didn't.

and was handled easily and abused at times yesterday against the run.

This is not true either.

Luck should have been sacked a couple of times but not because of AC.

It's like you don't even watch the games and just make stuff up to be the antagonist.  I would go so far as to say I doubt you have watched more than a dozen Colts games in your life.