Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis has a message for Colts Fans

TKnight24

@RobertMathis98: I will say, my lil bro @BjoernWernerBTM is definitely going to make #ColtsNation proud b/c the kid is flat out playing good football.

And before the one person comes in saying "It's his teammate, he's gonna talk highly of him."

You can count on your fingers how many guys Mathis takes the time out to personally congratulate. He doesn't often do it

:colts:

Well if you compare last year's effort and speed to this year it is a night and day difference. I felt he was lazy or out of shape last year, but he did have a couple nice pass deflections. This year he is looking much better in preseason.

Well if you compare last year's effort and speed to this year it is a night and day difference. I felt he was lazy or out of shape last year, but he did have a couple nice pass deflections. This year he is looking much better in preseason.

He was neither

Maybe he was just playing a position for the first time in his life and was learning the ropes to it then got sidetracked by injury.

Just maybe

But what do I know? I'm just a 20yr old apple juice drinker

I wonder if they will start Werner opposite Mathis if he plays well after the suspension is up? 

At the very least, they could get him out there in passing situations more often, improving on the pass rush Walden gives us in those situations. We've been dropping Werner into coverage a lot from the Rush spot in preseason, even on passing downs, so far in preseason. I wonder if that's to get him plenty of experience dropping back against pro competition. 

He was neither

Maybe he was just playing a position for the first time in his life and was learning the ropes to it then got sidetracked by injury.

Just maybe

But what do I know? I'm just a 20yr old apple juice drinker

Mmmmmm apple juice, cheers buddy! Can just about count the months down on my hands if you know what I mean haha

I do not know for sure, but I seriously doubt that he was lazy and out of shape.

I do not know for sure, but I seriously doubt that he was lazy and out of shape.

Exactly WH, Werner looked decent to me last year & it takes at least 1 season to master an NFL playbook so you can stop over analyzing schemes & just react to what you see & fly to the football. 

Werner should take a big leap forward this year IMO. 

Okay TK24 pretty much said the same thing I did. "Maybe he was just playing a position for the first time in his life and was learning the ropes to it then got sidetracked by injury." 

My apologies for stealing your thunder there TK. I missed that line initially. My bad. LOL! Good point though. 

I hope he does, He is playing faster this year and more self assured, Lets see if that happens when it counts

I read ya Gavin, but I think Werner will make his presence known in November & December actually without a significant drop off or disappearing act. Yes, I know we all need to see the learning curve close for the better 1st. I agree 100%

At the very least, they could get him out there in passing situations more often, improving on the pass rush Walden gives us in those situations. We've been dropping Werner into coverage a lot from the Rush spot in preseason, even on passing downs, so far in preseason. I wonder if that's to get him plenty of experience dropping back against pro competition.

He's even looked quite good in coverage so far in preseason, much better than I expected he'd be.

It would seem like an obvious move to me to replace Walden with Werner if possible.

Mathis is here at least until after the 2015 season.  It would seem to me to be a bit of a waste of Werner's talents to have him ride the bench for 3 years as "Mathis's backup"

Lol now I feel like a good German beer.......

I know what you mean Malakai432.

Just don't drunk too much German beer or you'll end up passed out wearing some strange outfit with lederhosen wondering why in the hades it seemed like a good idea at the time buddy. LOL! 

ri6084_mr__meister_lederhosen_oktoberfes

Looking forward to seeing him wreak some havoc!

THE GERMINATOR WILL DESTROY YOU!

:lol:  :funny:  lmao Great saying there M Colts M! It's like the old Saturday Night Live skit about Hans & Frans mocking body building Champion Arnold Schwarzenegger. "We're gonna pump you up! Yawh!"  :P

Yes, I realize that Arnold is from Austria not Germany, but close enough. The joke still works in Luck & Werner's case man.  :thmup:

If Werner has a good year this year, I wonder how many Colts fans here, who have been trashing Werner since the day we drafted him, will publicly admit here that they're wrong.....?

I wonder..................................................................?

There's a higher chance the Dallas Cowboys will win a playoff game this year than for the Werner bashers to swallow their pride and admit their wrongness

Robert is a great person. Response to his fans. Got a retweet reply from him a few times. Anyways I'm hoping Bjoern has a great season. He is working on his covering which was nice to see a slight improvement. He needs to finish plays though on pursuing the quarterback or running back. That's the only thing I seen that was off. You can tell he got stronger as well without losing speed. Imagine the possibilities with the OLB'ers once Rob comes back.