Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donte Moncrief signed!

kjyb

@KBowenColts:have signed their 2014 third-round pick, Donte Moncrief. That wraps up all five signings for the Colts 2014 draft class.

Time For the Monster To Show Up He's Getting Feed But Still Craving   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

via Twitter

I'm gonna guess this is a joke, correct? Just trying to establish that before you get attacked haha

lol..yeah...I meant to come back and edit the post to add that I was joking before it got any replies but obviously I was too late.  :D

lol..yeah...I meant to come back and edit the post to add that I was joking before it got any replies but obviously I was too late. :D

I'm with him! Overpaid!!!! They paid what teams have to pay 3rd rounders.. That's way to much! The Colts should pay everyone like UDFA's

He better live up to the slot he was selected. Otherwise, just an other nail in Grigsons coffin.......

This is because I am a fan, and without me, the Colts are nothing.

Could someone help remove my tongue from my cheek?

I think the kid has all the tools to be a beast but needs coached up. I actually think Rodgers is better but I'm biased BC I watched him play at UT many times. All I've seen of Moncrief are videos but he didn't seem to attack the ball like Rodgers does. Should be a great competition.

I'm with him! Overpaid!!!! They paid what teams have to pay 3rd rounders.. That's way to much! The Colts should pay everyone like UDFA's

EXACTLY!! And they should be happy about it, just to be given the opportunity to play for the Colts should be payment enough!  

Eh I wouldn't say NIcks. Can't pay big money to two different receivers. TY's getting the money.

Depends on how productive Nicks is and what TY's market value is.  

It's hard to say but we might be able to keep him down to 5 or 6 million APY.  

Now most likely I would say Nicks doesn't get re-signed but we could do it.  

Depends on how productive Nicks is and what TY's market value is.

It's hard to say but we might be able to keep him down to 5 or 6 million APY.

Now most likely I would say Nicks doesn't get re-signed but we could do it.

I don't think TY would go for 5-6 million. I guess it depends on how productive next season is. If he goes for 75 catches and 1000 yards he could make D Jax money.

I don't think TY would go for 5-6 million. I guess it depends on how productive next season is. If he goes for 75 catches and 1000 yards he could make D Jax money.

I know he's a fan favorite but I think its unwise to give Hilton that much money. Receivers like Jackson, Hilton and (Mike) Wallace are talented no doubt but they simply shouldn't make that type of money. I think most people agree that Wallace is overpaid and Jackson has already had to change teams. Hilton would be a stud as a secondary receiver but he disappears sometimes.

He had better get on board quick, there are plenty of qualified professionals wanting his

job on this team. Receiver is our deepest position.

he is basically a lock to make the team, unless he does something really dumb before the season starts

i don't know if i'd put stock into a 3rd rounder who waits this long to sign.....i can see POTENTIAL ( NOT DEFINITIVE) problems and locker room issues with him when contract time rolls around....

Oh,  for goodness sake.     The kid just signed, he's barely said "hello"....   by all accounts he's a good kid, a quiet kid, a well behaved kid, and he's the last one to sign and already someone is predicting (oh, excuse me...) sees POTENTIAL BUT NOT DEFINITIVE problems and locker room issues when the his contract rolls around in....  4-years!

Is there anything that says more than this.......   :facepalm:

Where does this stuff come from?  

The thing I'm worried about for him is that I hope he has hired a financial adviser of some sort. Poor upbringing to new found wealth...Donte is going to have people coming out of the woodwork now.

Im from Mississippi too. Look nearly every black football player from Mississippi is poor. Hes no worse than the rest. Its a sad commentary but its true

I know he's a fan favorite but I think its unwise to give Hilton that much money. Receivers like Jackson, Hilton and (Mike) Wallace are talented no doubt but they simply shouldn't make that type of money. I think most people agree that Wallace is overpaid and Jackson has already had to change teams. Hilton would be a stud as a secondary receiver but he disappears sometimes.

Wallace isn't in Jackson or Hiltons class he runs deep routes Jackson and TY can score anytime they get it where ever they get it I don't think Wallace is all that. He could get behind the D and Ben could chuck it

Wallace isn't in Jackson or Hiltons class he runs deep routes Jackson and TY can score anytime they get it where ever they get it I don't think Wallace is all that. He could get behind the D and Ben could chuck it

I believe Wallace is a similar type of receiver in that he can get a screen pass or short route and take it the distance (I think he did that against us once) or run the deep route because of his speed. The point being is that I think if they give Hilton anything over 8 million then they'll start overpaying.

The more i learn about this kid, the more i like him. He's considered one of the best blocking WR'S that many of the coaches ever saw and a soft spoken, hard working guy. He's quite large 6-2/225 with an ability to block like hinese ward, but he reminds me of Andre Johnson. We're gonna be stacked at this position! I would even like to see some old Oiler RUN AND SHOOT offense applied, just to get these guys on the field.