Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donte Moncrief signed!

kjyb

i don't know if i'd put stock into a 3rd rounder who waits this long to sign.....i can see POTENTIAL ( NOT DEFINITIVE) problems and locker room issues with him when contract time rolls around....

Rob.....

I just looked at your profile, and it says you've been a member since February of 2013....   and this is only your 10th post...  so I'm sorry if I was a bit rough on you.

But, honestly, I just didn't see the need to go there.    The kid was roughly a week behind the other Colts draftees.   And there are tons of other players on other teams who have yet to sign....   lots and lots and lots of them.

The fact he was our last doesn't mean anything.   I believe two years ago the last Colts player to sign was some quarterback whose last name is Luck.....     Last doesn't mean difficult.

Moncrief has no baggage that I'm aware of.   Said to be a very good kid.    Should fit in nicely with our culture.   I like looking ahead as much as the next fan.....    but looking 4-years ahead and trying to see trouble when there's nothing to suggest that just struck me as........    unnecessary.....

Hope you'll keep posting.........

i mean i do hope he does well....all i meant is that i hope he's not the t.o. type.... but if imagine if he does turn out to be like the keenan allen of this draft.....our offense would be crazy good....just hope the oline improves...mewhort should be a great addition....

Rob.....

I just looked at your profile, and it says you've been a member since February of 2013....   and this is only your 10th post...  so I'm sorry if I was a bit rough on you.

But, honestly, I just didn't see the need to go there.    The kid was roughly a week behind the other Colts draftees.   And there are tons of other players on other teams who have yet to sign....   lots and lots and lots of them.

The fact he was our last doesn't mean anything.   I believe two years ago the last Colts player to sign was some quarterback whose last name is Luck.....     Last doesn't mean difficult.

Moncrief has no baggage that I'm aware of.   Said to be a very good kid.    Should fit in nicely with our culture.   I like looking ahead as much as the next fan.....    but looking 4-years ahead and trying to see trouble when there's nothing to suggest that just struck me as........    unnecessary.....

Hope you'll keep posting.........

Why do you constantly say this to new members/those that don't post alot??? How does duration/number of posts give you any type of credit or some how make your opinion more important??? Number of likes doesn't=you're right or insightful.

1. Why do you constantly say this to new members/those that don't post alot???  2. How does duration/number of posts give you any type of credit or some how make your opinion more important???   3.  Number of likes doesn't=you're right or insightful.

You've raised a number of issues in a very short post.   I'll try to address them all.

1.  I don't know that I constantly say this.   But I'm willing to say as often as I think is necessary.   I thought the OP's post was poor.   And I'm being diplomatic when I say that.   But when I later looked at the guy's profile, I saw that he was relatively new to the website and this was only his 10th post.   So, I felt bad that I might've been hard on him,  even if it was a poor post.    So, not wanting to drive away any new poster (I think this website can use all the new blood we can get)  I wanted to offer some level of apology and explanation and express a hope that he would continue to post.  I don't want to scare him off from posting again.      I thought I was being polite and respectful.    I don't know why being polite and respectful is being viewed by you as a bad thing?

2.  I don't know where I've written anything that would suggest my opinion is more important than anyone else's?   If you see a post of mine where you think I've said that,  please copy and paste it and post it here, or send it to me.   Anything you want.  And I'll try to explain it.   But I don't think my opinion is more important than anyone else's here.   That's absolutely not for me to say.

3.  In broad general terms, I agree that number of likes does not equal right or insightful.   That said,  I think my percentage of likes is indicative that a large number of Colts fans here like my views.   Not all fans here, and not all of my posts.  I've written some very poor posts, some real clunkers,  and I always regret when I do and try to publicly say so when I do.     But in my first year of posting here I was liked at a rate of roughly 43%.    Now, after two years,  it's roughly 48-49%.    So the percentage of likes of my posts is growing the longer I'm here.    Normally I wouldn't pay that close attention to such stats.   But since I've been publicly called out by you and a few others -- people who clearly are not fans of mine -- I wondered about the bigger community.    And the bottom line is the greater community here has accepted me,  warts and all.     Those that don't like my views -- however many there are -- are entitled to disagree as much as those who agree with me.

But I think most here understand that I try to promote good discussions and civil conversation.   I mean well.   I try to avoid trouble.    I'm not perfect, but I try.    I don't expect everyone to agree with me.   And they don't!    But I hope people are respectful when they disagree.  

We're all on the same side.   We're all pulling for the Colts to win!    But some of us go about it differently.   And I hope that is celebrated and not looked down upon.

Sorry this went so long.   I wanted to address all your concerns as best I could.....

You've raised a number of issues in a very short post.   I'll try to address them all.

1.  I don't know that I constantly say this.   But I'm willing to say as often as I think is necessary.   I thought the OP's post was poor.   And I'm being diplomatic when I say that.   But when I later looked at the guy's profile, I saw that he was relatively new to the website and this was only his 10th post.   So, I felt bad that I might've been hard on him,  even if it was a poor post.    So, not wanting to drive away any new poster (I think this website can use all the new blood we can get)  I wanted to offer some level of apology and explanation and express a hope that he would continue to post.  I don't want to scare him off from posting again.      I thought I was being polite and respectful.    I don't know why being polite and respectful is being viewed by you as a bad thing?

2.  I don't know where I've written anything that would suggest my opinion is more important than anyone else's?   If you see a post of mine where you think I've said that,  please copy and paste it and post it here, or send it to me.   Anything you want.  And I'll try to explain it.   But I don't think my opinion is more important than anyone else's here.   That's absolutely not for me to say.

3.  In broad general terms, I agree that number of likes does not equal right or insightful.   That said,  I think my percentage of likes is indicative that a large number of Colts fans here like my views.   Not all fans here, and not all of my posts.  I've written some very poor posts, some real clunkers,  and I always regret when I do and try to publicly say so when I do.     But in my first year of posting here I was liked at a rate of roughly 43%.    Now, after two years,  it's roughly 48-49%.    So the percentage of likes of my posts is growing the longer I'm here.    Normally I wouldn't pay that close attention to such stats.   But since I've been publicly called out by you and a few others -- people who clearly are not fans of mine -- I wondered about the bigger community.    And the bottom line is the greater community here has accepted me,  warts and all.     Those that don't like my views -- however many there are -- are entitled to disagree as much as those who agree with me.

But I think most here understand that I try to promote good discussions and civil conversation.   I mean well.   I try to avoid trouble.    I'm not perfect, but I try.    I don't expect everyone to agree with me.   And they don't!    But I hope people are respectful when they disagree.  

We're all on the same side.   We're all pulling for the Colts to win!    But some of us go about it differently.   And I hope that is celebrated and not looked down upon.

Sorry this went so long.   I wanted to address all your concerns as best I could.....

Thank you for replying in such detail. The main thing that bugs me about 'likes' is when a poster (we have numerous that do) post a silly picture/image and it gets 20-30 likes, then later that being used as some sort of credibility. What they posted wasn't insightful in the less.

Thank you for replying in such detail. The main thing that bugs me about 'likes' is when a poster (we have numerous that do) post a silly picture/image and it gets 20-30 likes, then later that being used as some sort of credibility. What they posted wasn't insightful in the less.

Well, that shouldn't be a problem with me!    I'm a bit technologically challenged, so I don't even know how to insert a picture or an image into a post unless it's as a link.     But inserting an image?   I'm clueless and I want to own that! 

I also wanted to note that even though you and I have bucked heads a couple of times, I also hope you've noticed that I've "liked" a few of your recent posts and even responded respectfully.   I wanted to make sure you didn't think I was giving you a hard time.

I've done that with a number of people who I think aren't very friendly with me.   If I see a post I like, I want to not only "like it...  but I want to respond and let everyone here know that I think someone has made a very good post.    Not that my opinion carries any weight....   but I like promoting good thoughts and ideas.    I like smart.   And when I see a post that's smart I want to shine a spotlight on it so everyone can see it....