Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

will we win or lose our opener?

Stephen

Win. But, it may be very close since it's in Denver. Not a lock by any means though, not like I am going to put money on it. But, as usual I like this team a lot as an underdog lately on the road in the regular season too.

Until proven otherwise I have always kinda believed we have had the Broncos "number" as silly as it can sometimes be to say anyone has a teams number. But, we um.....usually have seemed to beat Denver for a while as well as KC. It's those pesky Pats when we go to Foxboro and the Chargers anywhere who give me more doubts before we play them.

Steelers make me pause too....home or away. Often a tough battle it seems, especially in the playoffs.

I was thinking that Stephen was talking a little league came at this point in the year....HMMM.

A VERY long time to even think about Colts/Broncs.  Injuries happen....trades...signings...lets wait awhile to predict the outcome of this game :)

It's always hard/nigh on impossible to predict how the season is going to go at this time of year (See the projected Superbowl contenders Texans and Falcons from last season)....

Based on last year's game between us and how the two rosters between these teams haven't changed remarkably, I would assume that we have a strong fighting chance of winning, but as ever, it could go either way. At Denver is going to be tough, but I have faith that we can pull it off. 

I was thinking that Stephen was talking a little league came at this point in the year....HMMM.

A VERY long time to even think about Colts/Broncs.  Injuries happen....trades...signings...lets wait awhile to predict the outcome of this game :)

Game...GRRRR!

There offense will take a step back. Though there D will be stronger. I want to think that our offensive weaponry will be far too much for them, but I see the world through blue coloured glasses.

All I know is that this game is going to be a thriller.

I'm not sure. . . a big part of our win was the amount of pressure that Mathis got on Peyton.  It's questionable if he will be able to get that kind of pressure with Clady back in the lineup.

Also we don't win last time without Ronnie Hillman fumbling at the goal line.  I don't think Hillman has seen the field since that game.  And I don't think they will likely be bringing him back to the lineup for the Colts.  In fact he could get cut.  

Not to mention it will be in Denver this time. 

We have not had good first games under Pagano. We can attribute most of that to fielding a young team that was learning a new system. 

I am sure Art Jones will want some payback on Peyton Manning. He still has to be stinging over that defensive performance in Baltimore.

I am interested to see how we play in week 1 this year.

There offense will take a step back. Though there D will be stronger. I want to think that our offensive weaponry will be far too much for them, but I see the world through blue coloured glasses.

All I know is that this game is going to be a thriller.

all their 2 steps ahead this year elway draft defense that's what wins sb , seattle won it are team not sb type defense yet can win in are conf.  so far can,t stop run fact last year. could run the ball last year due too injury's fact.  offense after reggie went down almost stop  a few games.  never recover fully. denver offense was best in nfl last year fact ,  denver defense was not sb type fact they lost in sb. this year denver has way better defense win sb.   yes denver change alot in defense .  i want the colts too win in denver its be peyton manning show warm and harder win in denver.  fact.  

Vegas has us losing. They also had us losing last year to Denver, Seattle, and San Francisco.

All I know is after watching the Colts last year, and especially the playoff win vs. the Chiefs, anything is possible with this team.

slash77 , guess ppl like not realist base on facts.  colts same was last year minor improvements this still building a sb team take 3- 5 years. jags , tenn, houston  have improved alot . denver is built for  a sb run period. only reason they lost was defense .  they fix it. not same in denver  as was in indy .

A VERY long time to even think about Colts/Broncs. Injuries happen....trades...signings...lets wait awhile to predict the outcome of this game :)

Haven't even made it to training camp yet. I just don't get it at times, lol