Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Hakeem Nicks flying to visit Colts tomorrow

Dustin

Granted his play dropped off in 2013 but DeCoud was a pro-bowl FS in 2012, and who on the Falcons had a good season in 2013, I view him as a possible stop gap player until a long term solution can be found, similar to D'qwell Jackson. Where as Martin who should/could be available in the second round would be an upgrade over Satelle (the same could be said about my sister) with a high ceiling could develop into an O-line keystone in a few years.

Well to be honest, I know nothing about Decoud other than he played for the Falcons. 

Me personally, I would like Mack and Nicks, and take a S with our 2nd round pick.

Grigson has said in a few interviews that he would rather have a rookie DB/S rather than a rookie C/G/T. 

I am not disagreeing with you, I actually can agree with your logic, I just have a different wish list.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I'm talking about now.  I think of Reggie as a chain mover now.  An excellent chain mover.  I really hope he can come back effectively :)

Yeah I was talking about when Reggie was at the same stage in his career. I doubt Nicks will be the same player 9 years from now.

As a life long Giants fan, absolutely sucks that the Giants have let Hakeem go.  He will surely be the #1 receiver if he joins the colts or almost any team. The video posted by someone in this thread tells all.  Just some background info on the Nicks situation.

-In 2012 he played through a broken foot with a screw in it and ended up injuring his knee while toughing it out through the season. It wasn't divulged until last week that the knee injury was an injured PCL and it was repaired this past off season.  Both of these injuries occurred during the 2012 season and unfortunately, it seems it might have played a part in last seasons down year.  Aside from the fact that Erratic Eli had his worst year ever, which isn't much worse than his second worst year ever.

-The guy catches balls with people draped all over him.  Absolutely the best hands since Chris Carter and that's saying a lot.  

-It seems that something happened between Tom Coughlin or FO and Nicks, because he was an absolute ideal teammate.  These reports of him being late to Toms meetings etc. would never have been associated with Nicks in the past.  My guess is that they showed him no respect when he laid it all on the line in 2012 and the team proceeded to A) give Cruz a contract even though Hakeem is the #1 guy drawing most of the doubles and B) let him play out his contract year full well knowing the guy just had PCL surgery in the off season and likely would not be at full strength.  If you saw the video many of those balls were inaccurate and Nicks had to fight for them.  Not crazy to think that after we started 0-6 and Eli was having an awful year, Nicks played a little more cautiously since he didn't have a contract and the team secured him in no way.  The likely hood of him getting hurt again would have been much higher.  Is it coincidence that Cruz got hurt going high up for one of Eli's balls last season and had to have surgery?

Make of it what you will, but if he were to pass medical exams and show that he can still run well and play then you guys would be getting an absolute BEAST with Nicks.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Luck in the Pro Bowl for the next few years.  Good luck and pray you guys sign this guy if he's good to go.  He will come cheaper than he would likely have garnered if he even had a decent QB this year.

We've been quiet but effective free agency. If we do not sign Nicks to a deal (Respectable/2 year deal) and allow him to walk, Grigson is doing no justice for the fans. ITS A PASSING LEAGUE Grigson. PULL THE TRIGGER IRSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!! Quit being so reasonable! And logical!

We actually had posters calling Griff Whalen a future #1 after several decent games. They presumably were not under the influence when they made those views public.

Sometimes fans can be a little..... ahhh..... ehhhh..... uhhhh..... Fanatical. (Yikes!)

Gotta remember, fans that post on the internet are generally going to be a bit more "passionate" (which is a nice way of calling us lunatics) than average fans who haven't spent the past 3 days hitting "refresh" on PFT every 5 minutes (guilty!)

Xbox isn't very good there buddy.

XBoX 360 was the clear winner of the last generation of gaming.  It remains to be seen with "next-gen" system will be victorious.  They both have pro's and con's  (I have an Xbox One, and love everything about it)  Though, if you really want to get everything you can out of gaming, you'd want to do it on PC.

On topic, I wouldn't be against bringing Hakeem Nicks in.  Obviously, I wouldn't be giving any expensive long term contract, but a fairly inexpensive 1-2 year deal wouldn't bother me.  If he's back to normal he could be great for our offense.

Ian Rapoport reporting 49ers are also interested in Hakeem Nicks.

Hope we don't let him get away.

That's odd for them.  They just locked up Boldin for a couple years and they have Crabtree.  

With us it's a bit different because we have problems with all of our wide receivers that are not named TY Hilton.  Wayne is old and coming off injury so you don't know what to expect from him.  Rodgers has a lot of potential but is pretty raw.  Whalen is a decent route runner and a reliable pair of hands but lacks the physical make up to be really good.  Brazil has good speed but doesn't seem to have very good route running.  

XBoX 360 was the clear winner of the last generation of gaming.  It remains to be seen with "next-gen" system will be victorious.  They both have pro's and con's  (I have an Xbox One, and love everything about it)  Though, if you really want to get everything you can out of gaming, you'd want to do it on PC.

On topic, I wouldn't be against bringing Hakeem Nicks in.  Obviously, I wouldn't be giving any expensive long term contract, but a fairly inexpensive 1-2 year deal wouldn't bother me.  If he's back to normal he could be great for our offense.

If you're talking in terms of sales, then you would probably be correct. However, XBOX had nowhere near the exclusives that PS3 had. Games like The Last of US, Uncharted, and God of War 3 made XBOX look silly. (Don't give me Halo, that series peaked on the regular XBOX) I'm abstaining from next gen until some quality games are released.

Wait, this is a Hakeem Nicks thread? Yeah, sign that man please.

If you're talking in terms of sales, then you would probably be correct. However, XBOX had nowhere near the exclusives that PS3 had. Games like The Last of US, Uncharted, and God of War 3 made XBOX look silly. (Don't give me Halo, that series peaked on the regular XBOX) I'm abstaining from next gen until some quality games are released.

Argh...I wanna argue this, but I also don't want to derail the thread.  So, I'll let it go.  There's more reason than just the exclusives that the Xbox was way superior to the PS3.  PM me if you want to continue the discussion haha

Gears of war, titanfall

Probably all true and I've said all along that the chances of signing him are slim to none, but ya just never know. I just do not think we need to sign Nicks, he'd be a luxury signing and we really still need an upgrade at center and at FS. Signing Nicks seriously restricts us from being able to do that. As far as signing guys next yr. I'm not at all worried about that right now. Its already been reported that the salary cap will go up at least 15 million dollars next season and over 160 mil. In 2016. Plus we'll have guys coming off the books and there is always restructuring. The money will be there in the future, we need to worry about this yr..

while i agree that the money used on nicks woudl restrict us from getting antoher option...there arent good options IMO. i mean there is clemons who i like but is not like the dude is all pro...who else? look at the available FA who would you take right now? i dont see a single C not named mack that is worthy. and neither do i see any other FS than Clemons.

We've been quiet but effective free agency. If we do not sign Nicks to a deal (Respectable/2 year deal) and allow him to walk, Grigson is doing no justice for the fans. ITS A PASSING LEAGUE Grigson. PULL THE TRIGGER IRSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as it might seem that way, I think the Seahawks might have something to say about this being a "passing league." 

XBoX 360 was the clear winner of the last generation of gaming. It remains to be seen with "next-gen" system will be victorious. They both have pro's and con's (I have an Xbox One, and love everything about it) Though, if you really want to get everything you can out of gaming, you'd want to do it on PC.

On topic, I wouldn't be against bringing Hakeem Nicks in. Obviously, I wouldn't be giving any expensive long term contract, but a fairly inexpensive 1-2 year deal wouldn't bother me. If he's back to normal he could be great for our offense.

Wii won the last gen by a mile in terms of sales. I prefer PS but that's just me.

Don't be surprised when Nicks leaves Indy today without a contract and eventually signs with Carolina. They were talking about it today on local radio and said the Colts are just lukewarm on signing Nicks but Carolina will go all in to sign him. He'd be the automatic #1 in Carolina where as in Indy he's be at the highest a #2 and possibly even the 3rd or 4th option with Allen and Fleener being a bigger part of the passing game.  

Don't be surprised when Nicks leaves Indy today without a contract and eventually signs with Carolina. They were talking about it today on local radio and said the Colts are just lukewarm on signing Nicks but Carolina will go all in to sign him. He'd be the automatic #1 in Carolina where as in Indy he's be at the highest a #2 and possibly even the 3rd or 4th option with Allen and Fleener being a bigger part of the passing game.  

I heard that a few days ago and then yesterday I heard that Carolina isn't interested anymore. Goes to show how crazy FA news is until people are officially signed.

I heard that a few days ago and then yesterday I heard that Carolina isn't interested anymore. Goes to show how crazy FA news is until people are officially signed.

I think Carolina is just trying to drive his asking price down. They offered 4.5 mil and he turned it down. They have nobody in Carolina right now for Newton to throw to. They'll go balls to the wall to sign him and will probably offer multiple yrs. where as they said on the radio the Colts will not.

Rumor is Carolina isn't that interested anymore

I'm only saying "Don't let this reciever get away". He's looking for a big payday and could possibly get it. I just hope it comes from us.

Decker gets 7 mill a season...cool, great for the jets who overpaid for a number 2, decent reciever who failed to show up at all in a big game (THE SUPERBOWL!!!). That is on their franchise. Maybe i was a bit to generous with 8 mill a season but that's only because I know Nicks pedigree. We all do.

Yeah he hasn't been himself, but thats due to injuries as well as terrible quarterback play by Eli Manning. Has he gotten paid for the superbowl he help bring the Giants??? No, that money went to Cruz. He has every right to want a big deal, but getting one (a respectable one) with incentives is a must!

1 year, 7 to 8 million with incentives...