Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

surprise star of next year

CR91

now let me clarify, surprise star is someone not expected to shine and doesnt have expectations to shine so richardson doesnt count. im referring to small names that can make an impact on the team next year. mine is daniel adongo. the guy has natural talent, but obviously was behind the 8 ball when it came to football knowledge, but I like the potential this kid has and I think with a full off-season to learn the game, he can make a huge impact on not only STs, but also a rotation guy at OLB. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of guys in our WR group that have me excited.  Whalen played well, looking a lot like Welker with his reliable hands.  He also had quite a knack for making people miss tackles.  Rogers has all the potential in the world.  And Brazill is underrated and, I think, under-utilized.

Allen.  I think we've forgotten about him a little bit since he missed pretty much all of last year and the national media has forgotten about him completely.  Look at how much success Fleener had in this offense last year I think Allen can have even more.  Honestly the Colts might have the best 1-2 punch at tightend in the league next year. 

can't list one..I'll list 5

Josh Mcnary, Josh Chapman, DaRick Rogers, Montori Hughes, Bjoern Werner

If given a starting chance or quality playing time, I believe they all can have a very solid and greatly improved year.

(runner up Daniel Adongo,if he's still on the roster and also get's playing time on defense and not just special teams)

side note: I think Montori Hughes is the replacement for Cory Redding

Allen. I think we've forgotten about him a little bit since he missed pretty much all of last year and the national media has forgotten about him completely. Look at how much success Fleener had in this offense last year I think Allen can have even more. Honestly the Colts might have the best 1-2 punch at tightend in the league next year.

I don't think Allen qualifies. He was a star in his rookie season, unheralded, but a star, nonetheless.

OP: I'll say Khaled Holmes because I like to live dangerously.

I don't think Allen qualifies. He was a star in his rookie season, unheralded, but a star, nonetheless.

OP: I'll say Khaled Holmes because I like to live dangerously.

Unheralded would mean not a star.  He's a star to Colts fans who follow the team closely.  To everyone else he was pretty much forgotten because he didn't play last year and didn't get the attention he deserved his rookie year.  This offense is built for tightends and look at how good of a season Fleener had last year.  I think it's built even more for a guy like Allen and I think Allen could have a monster season next year making him a star on the national scene kinda like how Hilton busted out the back half of this season on the national scene. 

Unheralded would mean not a star. He's a star to Colts fans who follow the team closely. To everyone else he was pretty much forgotten because he didn't play last year and didn't get the attention he deserved his rookie year. This offense is built for tightends and look at how good of a season Fleener had last year. I think it's built even more for a guy like Allen and I think Allen could have a monster season next year making him a star on the national scene kinda like how Hilton busted out the back half of this season on the national scene.

My point is we're looking for a "surprise star". No Colts fan would be surprised if Dwayne Allen goes crazy next year. Hell, if Allen is fully healthy next year, I flat out expect him to be a star for us. He was the best rookie TE by a marathon in his rookie season and arguably was Pro Bowl worthy so it's the "surprise" part that I'm hung up on, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I love Dwayne Allen and can't wait to see him on the field again. He plays the TE position the right way.

My point is we're looking for a "surprise star". No Colts fan would be surprised if Dwayne Allen goes crazy next year. Hell, if Allen is fully healthy next year, I flat out expect him to be a star for us. He was the best rookie TE by a marathon in his rookie season and arguably was Pro Bowl worthy so it's the "surprise" part that I'm hung up on, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I love Dwayne Allen and can't wait to see him on the field again. He plays the TE position the right way.

To people who don't follow the Colts closely Allen would be a surprise star because he was pretty much forgotten last year after being over looked his rookie year.  He has yet to get the attention he deserves from people who aren't die hard Colts fans.  Again, it's much like what happened with Hilton this past year, Colts fans spent most of his rookie season and last year telling people how good Hilton was he didn't breakout on the national stage till late in the season.