Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign LB Henoc Muamba

MTC

watch some of his highlight reels on you tube you might change your mind one of the fastest ILB ive seen and is a great tackler and cover guy

Highlights reels make anyone good. Go watch Blaine Gabberts highlight reel. He'll look like Tom Brady 2.0.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch some of his highlight reels on you tube you might change your mind one of the fastest ILB ive seen and is a great tackler and cover guy

Called a highlight tape for a reason. Im not saying he isn't good, I like him as player. I'm just saying I doubt it changes our view on the draft

I have no idea why in the world people are saying we dont need an ILB.....Muamba has not even made it through OTA's yet....Highlight reel looked promising...But so did C.O. Primes...Until proven otherwise ILB is one of our 3 biggest needs along with Center and Guard

I have no idea why in the world people are saying we dont need an ILB.....Muamba has not even made it through OTA's yet....Highlight reel looked promising...But so did C.O. Primes...Until proven otherwise ILB is one of our 3 biggest needs along with Center and Guard

I don't disagree but now think it is not a necessity like I thought before the signing of Muamba

I would like to see him gain 10 lbs. of muscle and then he might be the thumper we need in the middle. I hope he's as good as advertised but I'm always a little iffy on Canadian players and from the lesser leagues in general. Some of them work out, many of them prove why they weren't in the NFL to begin with.

Now we need a nickname for our ILB duo from Canada....The Tundra Hunters?

It seems like we're all so eager for nicknames for everyone, it's kind of funny, ha ha. But hey, sounds like fun so I'll play along. I'm partial to them just being the Great White North.

Anyways, I just watched the highlight video of him at the ''X'' and this guy is pretty dang fast sideline to sideline. They say his teammates call him A.O. for All Over and I can see why. They showed a lot of tackles of him diving at the legs and shoestring tackles as well. Overall, looks like there's some talent there. I'll be very interested with this guy this offseason. (Along with Adongo.) Here's hoping for the best!

blog.colts.com

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS SIGN LB-HENOC MUAMBA

Posted by coltsindianapolis on February 6, 2014 – 8:20 pm

The Indianapolis Colts today signed undrafted free agent linebacker Henoc Muamba.

Muamba, 6-0, 238 pounds, spent the past three seasons (2011-13) with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League (CFL) after being selected with the first overall pick in the 2011 CFL Draft. For his career, the 24-year-old recorded 171 tackles, 53 special teams stops, 4.0 sacks, one interception and one fumble recovery returned for a touchdown. In 2013, Muamba was named a CFL All-Star and earned the Lew Hayman Trophy, given to the best Canadian player in the East Division. For the year, he played in all 18 games and totaled 106 tackles, 18 special teams stops, 1.0 sack and one interception. His 106 tackles ranked second overall in the CFL. Muamba was named the recipient of the 2013 Ed Kotowich ‘Good Guy’ Award, which recognizes a Blue Bomber player for their excellence in combining football ability, team camaraderie and extraordinary effort in the community.

In 2012, Muamba ranked second on the team with 65 tackles (20 solo), while recording a team-high 20 special teams stops and a career-high 3.0 sacks. He also led the league with five forced fumbles and was named the CFL’s Canadian Player of the Week twice.

Muamba played four years (2007-2010) at St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. He is the school’s all-time career leader in tackles (149.5) and ranks fourth overall on the Atlantic University Sport (AUS) conference’s all-time career list. Muamba was named the AUS Defensive Player of the Year in both 2008 and 2010 and was honored with the President’s Trophy in 2010 for the top defensive player in Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS). He was a three-time CIS All-Canadian and AUS defensive all-star, and participated in the 2010 East-West Bowl, which features the top CFL prospects each year.

Very, very pleased with this signing.   We were not the only team interested and we obviously offered enough money and opportunity to get him to sign with us...   Great!    Nice work, Grigs and his staff...

This kid and the big, tall tackle are good ways to kick off the 2014 year....    :thmup:

I still like Josh McNary to take that other starting role next year

Me too...  McNary has flashed real potential in run stopping , pass coverage and pass rushing to boot. Really came on for a guy that played at Navy , hadn't played in a couple of years and missed a big amount of training camp. Remarkable that he was seeing that amount of snaps the last few games. I think he and Abongo will make up for a less than great 2013 draft. If you believe things that Mathis said about him , he's a monster wild card for 2014. I think everyone has forgotten about him...

But this guy looks like some depth plus a good special teamer. 

I agree but this is not the typical Jan./Feb. Signing

I disagree you see teams take chances on guys like this all the time at this point in the off-season.  Kenton Keith, John Chick, Justin Hickman, Freeman (who I said is the exception to the rule and wouldn't have a problem if this guy turns out like again), Jeremy Kelley, Ceaser Rayford.  All of those guys have been CFL guys the Colts have brought in over the years.  Other than Freeman none of them really turned into major stars.  Maybe he can make the final roster but I don't have huge expectations for him right now.  If he works out I think he'll be more like a Hickman type of guy who might give you some help on special teams but that's really about it. 

Wasn't C.O. Prime a undrafted free agent that nobody wanted. I think Muamba has more potential. I still think we should look for a ILB but it should be a veteran and not another young guy when we already have two young guys.

Wasn't C.O. Prime a undrafted free agent that nobody wanted. I think Muamba has more potential. I still think we should look for a ILB but it should be a veteran and not another young guy when we already have two young guys.

Almost have to get another ILB because I don't think Angerer or Conner are going to be back. I am cool with us getting a proven free agents to start on the otherside of Freeman but if one is there in the second round of the draft I wouldn't be shocked to see us do that with our draft pick.  However, I heard on the radio today the deepest position in the second half of the second round is probably going to be the o-line and clearly we need help there so I wouldn't be shocked if that's what we do with our second round pick. 

Don't sleep on Justin Hickman is returning(most likely we will resign him) this year, he was a player as well when they moved him to ILB when training camp started then he was having a good game vs Bills in preseason before he broke his foot.

Completely agree! He was around 255-260, I believe, from what I heard when he was camp due to his move inside. He looked good I thought before he got hurt.

Yea he can cover he is like a clone of freeman. I watched multiple highlight plays from him then went back and watched freeman from cfl days. Both are very fast and have a nose for the ball. there were several plays where Muamba came from the other side of the field to make a tackle. He's a great tackler and good at breaking up pass plays. He is also a good special teams player. We could still go ilb in draft and have four great ilb with freeman mcnary Mwamba whoever we draft. Sheppard could be fifth ilb. Though I prefer we draft a shut down corner so that we can have extra help if toler or davis goes down. The seahawks lost a few corners during the season and didn't skip a beat. We need that kind of depth.

Yea he can cover he is like a clone of freeman. I watched multiple highlight plays from him then went back and watched freeman from cfl days. Both are very fast and have a nose for the ball. there were several plays where Muamba came from the other side of the field to make a tackle. He's a great tackler and good at breaking up pass plays. He is also a good special teams player. We could still go ilb in draft and have four great ilb with freeman mcnary Mwamba whoever we draft. Sheppard could be fifth ilb. Though I prefer we draft a shut down corner so that we can have extra help if toler or davis goes down. The seahawks lost a few corners during the season and didn't skip a beat. We need that kind of depth.

So you are saying that he is not great in coverage, and we still need a ILB with coverage ability?

I know this may sound a bit ridiculous, but he could be our first rounder.along with Richardson. He was picked no1 overall for a reason. Even though it's the Canadian Football League, he'd probably still be worth a late 1st rounder based on ability in this years NFL draft. We had the 26th spot, so we would get a player about as good as him anyway. It's like a free 1st rounder for us except we get our gift early! Glad Grigson has ties to the CFL!