ILB J. Freeman

ILB D. Butler/ V. Ray/ or B. Spikes

OLB B. Werner/ D. Adongo/ Draft Pick

CB V. Davis

CB S. Shields/ A. Verner/ A. Talib/ or W. Thurmond

CB G. Toller/ Butler

FS J Byrd

SS L. Landry/ Draft Pick

In conclusion, I have us signing C Mack, DT Cody, DE Jones, ILB, CB, FS Byrd.  I then think we focus on depth and the future at T, WR, OLB, and S in the draft.

Left to the forces of me:

QB A. Luck

RB  T. Richardson

WR R. Wayne

WR TY Hilton

WR D. Rogers/ A Robinson

TE D. Allen/ C Fleener

TE C. Fleener

LT A. Castonzo

LG D. Thomas

A. Mack

RG Thornton/ J Asamoah

RT G. Cherrilous

DE Redding/RJF

DT Chapman 

DE A. Jones

OLB R. Mathis

ILB J. Freeman

ILB S Skov/ Mcnary

CB V. Davis

CB S. Shields/ B Roby/ J Smith

CB G. Toler/ Butler

FS J Byrd/A Bethea

SS L. Landry

This would include Draft picks.

so FA pickups are : Alex Mack, Jon Asamoah, Arthur Jones, Sam Shields (or trade for Jimmy Smith) and Jairus Byrd ( or Bethea)

I think this is everyone's wish list..

QB A. Luck

RB  T. Richardson

WR R. Wayne

WR TY Hilton

WR D. Rogers/ A Robinson

TE D. Allen/ C Fleener

TE C. Fleener

LT A. Castonzo

LG D. Thomas

A. Mack

RG Thornton/ J Asamoah

RT G. Cherrilous

DE Redding/RJF

DT Chapman 

DE A. Jones

OLB R. Mathis

ILB J. Freeman

ILB S Skov/ Mcnary

CB V. Davis

CB G. Toler/ Butler

FS J Byrd/A Bethea

SS L. Landry

so FA pickups are : Alex Mack, Jon Asamoah, Arthur Jones, Sam Shields (or trade for Jimmy Smith) and Jairus Byrd ( or Bethea)

Think Jimmy Smith is realistically available for trade?  that would be awesome

Think Jimmy Smith is realistically available for trade?  that would be awesome

I can for a few reasons:

Reasons for us:

1. Smith was drafted in the 1st round in the only year Chuck was DC for Baltimore, so he must have had some influence who he wanted in his defense, maybe that link could work.

2. Like Vontae, the talent is there in Smith, he is capable of being a good/great CB

3. at least for  a year, it would be cheaper to pay for Smith in his contract year ( $1,392,504) than say paying for a large contract for someone like Sam Shields ( about $8 to $10 million a year.)

Reasons for Baltimore:

1. Smith is inconsistent ( I could be making this up- can someone with PFF check please?) and wasn't worth a first for them.

2. The fact he is in his last year means they may trade him for a couple of picks.

3. He is also in a FA class for the Ravens which contain Priority players like Terrell Suggs, Vontae Leach etc so Smith will be one less name to worry about.

I don't think we should rule out a potential trade next year, especially with someone like Jimmy Smith. 

Next years starting roster with FA signings:

QB A. Luck

RB  T. Richardson

WR R. Wayne

WR TY Hilton

WR D. Rogers/ Draft Pick

TE D. Allen

TE C. Fleener

LT A. Castonzo

LG D. Thomas

C  A. Mack

RG Thornton/ Draft Pick

RT G. Cherrilous

DE Redding/RJF

DT Chapman/ T. Cody

DE A. Jones

OLB R. Mathis

ILB J. Freeman

CB V. Davis

CB G. Toller/ Butler

FS J Byrd

SS L. Landry/ Draft Pick

In conclusion, I have us signing C Mack, DT Cody, DE Jones, ILB, CB, FS Byrd.  I then think we focus on depth and the future at T, WR, OLB, and S in the draft.

Nice.  I'm not sure it's feasable, but it would be great to get a few of those guys.

Keep in mind, next year we're going to have to make some hard decisions with TY, Allen, Fleener, Ballard, TRich and a few others.  I haven't done the research to see if they're all on the same contract years but I'm sure a few of them are.

I wouldn't want Spikes.  He's great at stopping the run, but how good is he in pass coverage?  Also, what's his character like?  Hasn't be been punished by Belichick for being late to meetings and such?

I'd definitely prefer Butler to Spikes. He has some red flags, including the most recent injury/discipline issue, which isn't positive no matter what the truth is. 

I'd definitely prefer Butler to Spikes. He has some red flags, including the most recent injury/discipline issue, which isn't positive no matter what the truth is. 

I wouldn't want Spikes.  He's great at stopping the run, but how good is he in pass coverage?  Also, what's his character like?  Hasn't be been punished by Belichick for being late to meetings and such?

what about Vincent Ray?  He played really well while filling in.

I don't think we could pay all those guys.  Mack and Byrd are probably both going to be looking for contracts close to 10 million while those CB's will want between 6 and 8 million depending on which one you pick and Davis is also gonna want between 6 and 8 million.

I'd sign a center, Mack if he's available and see about drafting or perhaps signing one that is less expensive then Byrd.  

I don't think we could pay all those guys.  Mack and Byrd are probably both going to be looking for contracts close to 10 million while those CB's will want between 6 and 8 million depending on which one you pick and Davis is also gonna want between 6 and 8 million.

I'd sign a center, Mack if he's available and see about drafting or perhaps signing one that is less expensive then Byrd.  

We can't. It's not gonna happen.

Id like us to really try and pursue either FS Byrd or C Mack but not both. We cant afford both and also bring in other middle tier guys at positions like CB, DL, etc. I think Mack would be the cheaper option of the two, since centers usually don't make a ton of money.

Id like us to really try and pursue either FS Byrd or C Mack but not both. We cant afford both and also bring in other middle tier guys at positions like CB, DL, etc. I think Mack would be the cheaper option of the two, since centers usually don't make a ton of money.

I'd rather go for Mack or a top center.  If we want to get this power running game going you need someone in the middle of the O line who can really push people around.  

While having a star at safety would certainly help us, our real problem was that we have 2 guys at safety who are better at stopping the run then they are in deep coverage.  We mostly just need someone who's better at playing coverage.  While Byrd fits that bill, there are a lot of guys out there who would cost less but improve over Bethea when playing in coverage.  Even if they may not be quite as good against the run.

I hope we can get Nicks or Maclin, they should be on the cheaper side, maybe a 3yr 8mil deal or something on Nicks. Maclin on maybe a 3 year 9mil deal

Nicks is going to see himself as an $8-10 Mill per year type of player.

But, coming off a terrible year,  it's not likely he'll get that.

Still...    he's going to command much, much more than 3 years and $8 Mill...    unless that's $8 mill per year??

Otherwise......    no chance.

WR A Robinson

CB J Smith

Jimmy Smith isn't going to happen and honestly the Colts don't need to draft a WR this year let alone Robinson who is slow and looks too stiff to play in the NFL, dude has bust written all over him. If the Colts do draft a WR realistically a solid pick in the 2nd round would be Brandin Cooks who could be a dynamic weapon with solid hands at the next level. Jordan Matthews seems like he'd be the best fit for Luck and Davante Adams is who I'd pick if he's there at the bottom of the second.

Next years starting roster with FA signings:

QB A. Luck

RB  T. Richardson

WR R. Wayne

WR TY Hilton

WR D. Rogers/ Draft Pick

TE D. Allen

TE C. Fleener

LT A. Castonzo

LG D. Thomas

C  A. Mack

RG Thornton/ Draft Pick

RT G. Cherrilous

DE Redding/RJF

DT Chapman/ T. Cody

DE A. Jones

OLB R. Mathis

ILB J. Freeman

CB V. Davis

CB G. Toller/ Butler

FS J Byrd

SS L. Landry/ Draft Pick

This is not even close to being realistically possible. People should have learned last season that Grigson is not going to go out and sign a bunch of big names. I doubt we see any of these guys honestly. I know everybody wants to sign Mack and I would like to have him too, but signing him to a 9-10 million dollar contract is absolutely insane IMO for a center.

Make a little cheaper and common sense because what was listed is impossible sadly

For safety get T.J. Ward or Chris Clemons

For Center get Fernando Velasco someone cheap and unheard of whose really good

For corner after cutting toler get Thurmond or Grimes

For Wr get Maclin

For Guard get Asamoah

For Dline I trust we can draft with our second and third rounders

For ILB get Rey because butler is getting resigned

QB A. Luck

RB  T. Richardson

WR R. Wayne

WR TY Hilton

WR D. Rogers/ A Robinson

TE D. Allen/ C Fleener

TE C. Fleener

LT A. Castonzo

LG D. Thomas

A. Mack

RG Thornton/ J Asamoah

RT G. Cherrilous

DE Redding/RJF

DT Chapman 

DE A. Jones

OLB R. Mathis

ILB J. Freeman

ILB S Skov/ Mcnary

CB V. Davis

CB G. Toler/ Butler

FS J Byrd/A Bethea

SS L. Landry

I really like Shayne Skov. Anyone have any draft info on which round this kid might go?

Nicks is going to see himself as an $8-10 Mill per year type of player.

But, coming off a terrible year,  it's not likely he'll get that.

Still...    he's going to command much, much more than 3 years and $8 Mill...    unless that's $8 mill per year??

Otherwise......    no chance.

You think ANY team in this league is going to pay him 8-10mil per year after the last two seasons?

No chance, I think his ceiling is more around 5-6 from a desperate team.

My FA wish list:

DT/DE: Arthur Jones, Baltimore Ravens

S: Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills / T.J. Ward, Cleveland Browns

CB: Re-sign Vontae Davis, Sign Sam Shields, Packers or Tarell Brown, 49ers

OG: Chad Rinehart, Chargers

ILB: Donald Butler, Chargers / Karlos Dansby, Cardinals / Daryl Smith, Ravens

WR: Julian Edelman, Patriots / Emmanuel Sanders, Steelers

Arthur Jones,

Karlos Dansby (since Butler will be resigned)

Jairus Byrd (Unlikely)

De La Puente

Schwartz

Resign Vontae, Patty Mac, Adam V.

I didn't list a corner because I think Grigs will bring Toler back and draft a corner early. We all want Byrd but he's going to be the highest paid safety in the league. So what do you guys think about a guy like Kendrick Lewis? He wouldn't break the bank like Byrd or Ward, and he seems like someone Grigs may bring in. I'm not a fan of him myself, just seems like a possibility. I would want Clemons if we couldn't get Byrd.

You think ANY team in this league is going to pay him 8-10mil per year after the last two seasons?

No chance, I think his ceiling is more around 5-6 from a desperate team.

Agreed.

I think his asking price is going to have to come down.   He might even try a 1-year deal like DHB to try and re-establish his market value to a higher level.

My only point was that you're original idea of offering him 3 years and $8 Mill total was not going to fly. 

That's all.    But, he's an interesting guy.....

I fore see an off-season much like last year where we throw out big names we want Grigson to go get and end up mad when he doesn't despite him telling us when he got here he's never liked to go after big names.

I dunno...it could be different this year. 

It would be nice if Grigs went out and got just 2 or 3 quality additions.