Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you even watch a Pats-Chargers AFCCG?

sb2001

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would watch the AFCCG regardless of the teams. I would be glued to Colts/Broncos for sure.

But you have had less playoff failure experience as Colt/Manning fans have, but you are probably right. I would watch but I would definitely root for the Pats too.

Like anyone would watch an Indy v Chargers game???????? Lets be honest this is what the NFL WANTS:

1. Pats v Broncos  -- Brady/Manning one last tine for right to win it all? come on the script writes itself.

2. Colt v Broncos -- Manning v new guard Luck...

3. Pats V chargers -- Yawn but 2 BIG market teams so be better for ratings

4. Colts v Chargers  -- Yawn and no one outside of indy or SD would care.

Be honest I bet the NFL wants ONE of the first 2 for sure.. the others just well suck for a story line lol

Like anyone would watch an Indy v Chargers game???????? Lets be honest this is what the NFL WANTS:

1. Pats v Broncos  -- Brady/Manning one last tine for right to win it all? come on the script writes itself.

Be honest I bet the NFL wants ONE of the first 2 for sure.. the others just well suck for a story line lol

Makes sense to me.  However, I ran across an uncorroborated story from a guy claiming to be fired from his NFL job.  In his (alleged) sour grapes attitude, he states the Chargers will beat the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.  Reason?  They still love that underdog that gets hot at the right time story, and it will help San Diego get the folks on board to build a new stadium out there.  Dude also claimed NFL does NOT want a team in L.A.  Got burned to many times.  They just use it for bargaining purposes only.

I hope the Colts, or (second choice) Broncos win it all.  However, if the Bolts beat the Seahawks for the Lombardi, I will forever walk around with one eyebrow raised when the "NFL" is mentioned.

SD isn't that big of market

I would root for the Pats over SD if that were the case, but is is like choosing between two kinds of music you dont like. Even though I dont like BB and his ways, I respect most of the players and two teams just rub me the wrong way.....SD and the Steelers. 

One thing I can say is that if we beat the Pats, there may be some denial, but for the most part, there will be acknowledgement. If we were to go on and face/beat the Chargers, the fan base would be almost complete denial.