Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos or Patriots

danlhart87

With the way our secondary is banged up and how the Patriots start slower, I'm frankly leaning towards the Patriots. I know Peyton has had a worse playoff record but he does have more weapons than we have healthy man CBs, especially if both Welker and Julius Thomas are playing the seams. Last year, he had old man Stokely and no one else at TE (don't tell me Tamme) that could really threaten us down the middle. Plus, Moreno is a bigger dual threat than he was last year when McGahee was starting for most of the season.

We can afford to just take care of Edelman and Amendola, and upset the Patriots more likely than the Broncos. Last year, I felt it was the Broncos because I felt they read their own press clippings and were not as good as their record stated they were and outside DT and Decker, their weapons were not as powerful. This year, I feel the Broncos will be more ready. Just my humble opinion.

Plus, Pagano's team plays a Ravens style of defense. Tell me now, who have the Ravens given more issues, Brady or Peyton in the playoffs? Just saying. Plus, quicker wideouts like T.Y.Hilton are a nightmare matchup for Aqib Talib and Belichick will be forced to provide safety help and if he doesn't, TY will roast Talib. DRC of the Broncos has the speed to keep up with T.Y. and the Broncos are playing Champ at nickel recently and will not put him on TY.

With the way our secondary is banged up and how the Patriots start slower, I'm frankly leaning towards the Patriots. I know Peyton has had a worse playoff record but he does have more weapons than we have healthy man CBs, especially if both Welker and Julius Thomas are playing the seams. Last year, he had old man Stokely and no one else at TE (don't tell me Tamme) that could really threaten us down the middle. Plus, Moreno is a bigger dual threat than he was last year when McGahee was starting for most of the season.

We can afford to just take care of Edelman and Amendola, and upset the Patriots more likely than the Broncos. Last year, I felt it was the Broncos because I felt they read their own press clippings and were not as good as their record stated they were and outside DT and Decker, their weapons were not as powerful. This year, I feel the Broncos will be more ready. Just my humble opinion.

Plus, Pagano's team plays a Ravens style of defense. Tell me now, who have the Ravens given more issues, Brady or Peyton in the playoffs? Just saying. Plus, quicker wideouts like T.Y.Hilton are a nightmare matchup for Aqib Talib and Belichick will be forced to provide safety help and if he doesn't, TY will roast Talib. DRC of the Broncos has the speed to keep up with T.Y. and the Broncos are playing Champ at nickel recently and will not put him on TY.

Logically, this is the right answer. I'm just too elated right now to care.

I think my heart needs a recovery after this game. I don't want to have to watch the Colts vs Peyton so soon. I'll take the Pats.

I also happen to agree that our secondary might have an easier time against the Pats' lack of consistent weapons than Peyton's fully stocked team of #1s and 2s.

who would you rather the colts play next week?

I'd rather play NE...

....Our secondary is a little bruised up and while Brady can hurt us..Peyton and the Gang of 4   (The Thomas brothers, Wes and Eric Decker) could roll us early..

..also....the light air in Denver is a problem...teams wear out late

LOL I don't care. Bring anyone on. At this point it's house money again and we can be fearless underdogs and go against the aging HOFs and their crud defenses.

We have momentum......

Thought about you being nervous today all during the first half - glad it turned out well.  Now I'm starting to get nervous :-)

Thought about you being nervous today all during the first half - glad it turned out well.  Now I'm starting to get nervous :-)

Yeah my nerves started about this time last night. I took a break from the internet today until the game was over and didn't listen or watch pre game stuff either. I just felt so jittery over this playoff game even though I loved our chances.....and the game proved my gut right. Wowza.....

As for NE/Denver......both are beasts but they can be tamed. :)

Just glad we have a night to enjoy the win without worrying who the opponent is yet. But if you win you already know who they are. :)

Good luck tomorrow to your boys. Win or lose you had an unexpected year getting into the playoffs.

I'd go with Denver but it's like picking between a INT or a Fumble for which turnover do you want to have.  Neither is a good choice.

Aside from the Manning factor Denver's defense is a mess right now and I think the Colts showed today they can score and keep up with Manning.  If we can get a couple of big plays from the defense we could shock the world again.  Honestly the best road left for the Colts is probably to Denver next week and then to Cincy for the AFC Title game.  We do well to beat the Chargers or Pats once a year let alone having to beat both of them in back-to-back weeks and honestly the idea of having to go to New England and if we win that Denver in back-to-back weeks doesn't excite me very much. 

Doesnt really matter, if the defense dont stop giving up 30+ our chances go down from here on. Denver n New England are far better than kc and can score 50+ any week(manning n brady dont miss any open receivers). Cant win against those teams with 4 turnovers either. It will likely be very cold also. Savor the win but this is a boat load of work to do and things to fix.