Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Walden suspended 1 game for headbutt on Delanie Walker

Coltswarriors

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do, he plays against the Cardinals away....if they do not, he plays at home against the Titans.

I think you appeal and have him ready to set the edge against CJ....but what do I know?   :)

I'm not sure it's the Colts choice, but if so, I agree with you.  I'd rather have him for the Titans game.

If walker doesn't even get a fine for throwing that punch then it really is crap the fact is if they are both guilty then you cant punish one without the other that is crap.

Did that punch even connect?  I was at the game and it looked to me like he swung but maybe grazed Walden if anything at all.

I would like to see the replay....I do not remember a huge punch by Walker....if so...I hope he hurt his hand on Walden's helmet !!!! :spit::funny:

Yeah it was plain as day. Walker threw a punch at Walden after the headbutt in retaliation. Im happy the league suspended Walden though, no place for that, especially when you know trash talk is coming going in.

The NFL and the PA may consider who we're playing too.  They're probably not anxious for those two guys to get together so soon.

Interesting.....still hope if there was a connect by Walker.....his hand is feeling the bite of the Darth Vader Football helmet...especially since he is not suspended too.  100 GFB...Is that you? :)

leather-football-helmet-facemask.jpg

Appeal it and get it reduced to a $100K fine via arbitration, don't sit there and take it. Suh did that and won his appeal.

Heck no, Arizona on the road is very very hard to beat. Their D plays much better at home, much like ours, so our hands will be full already, so lets at least have as many healthy bodies as we can.

Walden should appeal, no two ways about it.

Appeal it and get it reduced to a $100K fine via arbitration, don't sit there and take it. Suh did that and won his appeal.

Heck no, Arizona on the road is very very hard to beat. Their D plays much better at home, much like ours, so our hands will be full already, so lets at least have as many healthy bodies as we can.

Walden should appeal, no two ways about it.

Defintely play him on the tougher road game. We are at home and rising, TN is not.

I'm glad he's suspended. Maybe next time he'll think first.

As for the Walker "punch" give me a break, he threw that with about as much force as my 94 year old grandpa and he was reacting on human instinct and defending himself. You sound like sore sports hollering for Walker to be punished as well.

It will be appealed I imagine

Based on Walden's comments,  doubt he will appeal it....  He shouldn't either, he just needs to take his medicine, be glad it wasn't more and learn from the incident.  He can be a big contributor for the Colts, but needs to keep his head straight!

He has played better lately, and like all of us, i want him to be a force, but realistically he has 10 more tackles than even Kelvin Sheppeard and 1 more sack then Sheppard and only 2 more sacks than any of us. He looks the part of a beast and lately he has improved, but we can do without him for one game.

I'm glad he's suspended. Maybe next time he'll think first.

As for the Walker "punch" give me a break, he threw that with about as much force as my 94 year old grandpa and he was reacting on human instinct and defending himself. You sound like sore sports hollering for Walker to be punished as well.

So you're willing to talk about the force that Walker swung with, but not the force that Walden headbutted with.

Walden was wrong, it was stupid, but it wasn't that hard of a headbutt.

He has played better lately, and like all of us, i want him to be a force, but realistically he has 10 more tackles than even Kelvin Sheppeard and 1 more sack then Sheppard and only 2 more sacks than any of us. He looks the part of a beast and lately he has improved, but we can do without him for one game.

His position can't be graded based on stats. I agree that this isn't the end of the world. Werner will start, maybe Cam Johnson gets some reps for a change, and we'll be fine. With the way the Cardinals spread the field, I think we'd be subbing Walden out frequently anyways. So it's not that tragic of a loss. Better this game than the Titans game. 

But the punch by Walker is okay or has he been suspended as well?

They take into account whether or not the player was provoked. Walker threw the punch after having his helmet ripped off and then being headbutted by the same guy. 

NO....Walker will not face punitive measure, nor should he. 

appeal it..to just a fine..If Dashon Goldson can get off than why not Walden

I would be all for just a fine....not sure the league wants headbutts on guys without a helmet though....not with the concussion issues with helmet to helmet.  Helmet to cranium?  not good no matter how hard the headbutt is....or the cranium....

indianapolis_colts_helmet_wallpaper_1600

wins over cranium any time...OUCH :)

cranium_side.jpg