Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay comments on Colts/Rams

MTC

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay

"I hear the pain in ColtsNation n share n feel the * off feelings! Crap performance, not crap effort..we're n 1st place by 2 games (cont)

A lot of teams would dance n be filled with joy to be n our position! Shake it off, Man up n get ready 4 Thursday night! Horrible game, 1 game"

Edit:

We've beat almost every Sup/Bowl contender,yes we miss Reggie n 4 other Offensive Starters,but next man up n let's go win this Division!

16 game season n when this season started,to be n 1st place with a 2 game lead n be 6-3 with our schedule n injuries,I'd take it in a second

Today it was crap effort with all due respect Mr. Irsay...

The effort really didn't look good although it's hard to judge actual effort. 

There was so much crap on the field they needed trucks to pick it all up. 

Even the Plinko game that a fan gets to play during a timeout got stuck!  One of the Plinko chips got stuck and couldn't even execute!

The effort really didn't look good although it's hard to judge actual effort. 

There was so much crap on the field they needed trucks to pick it all up. 

Even the Plinko game that a fan gets to play during a timeout got stuck!  One of the Plinko chips got stuck and couldn't even execute!

I've been saying all day the best thing to happen for the Colts today was a Jags win if that doesn't say what kind of day today was for the Colts I don't know what does.

i like Jim. He's disappointed. I wont take a shot at him. He's a damn good owner. This isn't on him. its on his head coach and that staff.

I wouldn't say the head coach although he is taking the blame. it is bad play calling by both the OC and DC. and the offensive line coach needs to get his guys in check cause they suck. 

basically, this game took us from the chance of being a #2 seed and finishing 12-4 possibly playing KC for the #1 seed to a team that assuredly is playing in the first round and not getting a bye. If we know that, Jim and company know that. I hope he is *. this was a terrible, terrible loss. The worst there has been in a number of years

basically, this game took us from the chance of being a #2 seed and finishing 12-4 possibly playing KC for the #1 seed to a team that assuredly is playing in the first round and not getting a bye. If we know that, Jim and company know that. I hope he is *. this was a terrible, terrible loss. The worst there has been in a number of years

Describe "number of years"

Cause....... I remember the New Orleans massacre during the 2-14 season which really wasn't too long ago

:peek::dunno:

Can the OL coach really do anything if the talent isn't there?

Well to be fair the Dallas Cowboys defensive line is in similar situation as our offensive line is. They have a bunch of no name player's aside from D. Ware and they still manage to get pressure on the QB. Talent level isn't really there for them but they seem to be doing fine.

Aside from tonight's beatdown that is haha . But they've still gotten pressure on Drew Brees a few times tonight

Cause....... I remember the New Orleans massacre during the 2-14 season which really wasn't too long ago

Yeah, while I did think they resembled the 2011 team a bit today, this was not nearly as bad as that 62-7 ultra beatdown massacre slaughter fest.

"Tonight on Sportscenter: Should Jim Irsay express his anger publicly like that? Did he offend anyone by using the word 'crap?' Is he throwing Andrew Luck under the bus? What does this say about Peyton Manning? Will the Colts work out Tebow?"

Nah. Tebow's hired an agent in anticipation of getting a TV job.

I personally like how Irsay is not just an owner, but also a huge Colts fan and wants the fans to know that he feels both the "highs and lows" with them. I can't imagine how it would be to be a fan of a team whose owner was more worried about pinching pennies and his other business ventures than winning.

we were bad that year all year.... none of those losses bothered me that badly...

I was starting to think we were going 12-4 this year and going to have a first round bye. Possibly even go 13-3 and be the #1 seed... then today happened.

It's not the fact we loss it's how we loss the game. Every team in the league is capable of winning but to lose by 30 points to the Rams without it's starting QB is embarrassing. It showed that were never prepared for opponents with losing records and that falls on Pagano. It's week 9 and yet DHB, Mcglynn, Satele, and Reed continue to start when it's obvious that those guys shouldn't be starting. Pagano needs to stop playing favorites and play the best players.

It's not the fact we loss it's how we loss the game. Every team in the league is capable of winning but to lose by 30 points to the Rams without it's starting QB is embarrassing. It showed that were never prepared for opponents with losing records and that falls on Pagano. It's week 9 and yet DHB, Mcglynn, Satele, and Reed continue to start when it's obvious that those guys shouldn't be starting. Pagano needs to stop playing favorites and play the best players.

I disagree. There is no way a coach would knowingly start an inferior player based on favoritism.

I agree. I made the comment during the game, that this was as bad as the 41-0 pounding at the hands of the Jets in the 2002 wild-card game.

Today it was crap effort with all due respect Mr. Irsay...

It cuts a little deeper than just that. We've only put together 2 solid games this year. Most of the time our team has been on the field, we're discombobulated, ineffective and there have been far more 'Red Flag' quarters than dominant ones thus far. 

I believe the 5 or 6 offensive starters whom are out are the reason for much of this. 

I give Mr Irsay a pass for not black-balling the teams effort. He's being smart and not adding insult to injury. A good morale move to not chuck dynamite at his wounded soldiers. 

Honestly , this is still a very young, but very good Colt's team. This is why you see the inconsistency with wins over Denver, SF, and Seattle, and losses to SD, Miami, and St . Louis. Irsay seems to forget they were only. 2-14 a couple of seasons ago, and needs to stop putting pressure on this young team with his two ring talk, and constant twitter assessments.

He is not a fan, he is an owner. This league is wide open now and anyone could win it. The truth is, the Colts could be a year or two away from being a power that would never lose to these bottom feeders . Conversely, they are a shoe in for the division title which gives them a chance. The inconsistency could produce another one and done, or longer trip into the playoffs, as they have already beaten some of the best. Jimbo just needs to understand this isn't a Peyton Manning led Colts team in it's prime, but a good, young developing Colts team. Constant pressure from ownership will not help.

I'm going to hope the owners and coaches don't just dismiss these past two games as aberrations.. beacuse they weren't. We have some structural/mainframe problems that have played out against the Rams - these are not problems that can be excused with a 'we just had a bad game'. Especially as this leadership imo has shown inflexability and it could be because they're just not getting the proper feedback on what our problems are and how to address them.

Either Pagano doesnt know what to do or he believes this game plan is the correct and the Texan/Rams game was because of non-coaching related circumstances(see above), or probably worst case scenario our players just aren't that good.

I think it was both a crap effort AND a crap performance!   Clearly the Colts thought they could just show up yesterday and walk away with a win against a 3-6 team with a bunch of second stringers - hopefully they learned something!

Brilliant call playing too ... HAH!