Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne named Assistant WR coach

BronxColtNYC

That is awesome. 

I suggested a while ago that it was crazy to assume Reggie would be a coach on the field for the younger receivers, and I'm here to eat my words.  Reggie is a special guy, and we are lucky he has been and will remain a Colt!

I think it says a lot about his future plans. Why not hire him when he retires? He knows the playbook and even has the chemistry with players that look up to him. I think he'd be be a great fit on a pagano staff.

I agree many times we have thrown around the idea of Peyton working here after he retires why not him and Reggie lol

Good decision...Dont think it will have a big impact on games however, More of a well deserved title and way of making sure he is involved in teachng and staying involved with th rest of the team

Reggie Wayne was the reason for Ty Hilton's 2nd half dominance. I don't know what he said to him, but it worked

Good decision...Dont think it will have a big impact on games however, More of a well deserved title and way of making sure he is involved in teachng and staying involved with th rest of the team

I disagree...Reggie has a big positive influence on how well his WR group plays.

He has mentored all of them and can help them play/adjust throughout the game.

This is WAYYYY more than symbolic.

I disagree...Reggie has a big positive influence on how well his WR group plays.

He has mentored all of them and can help them play/adjust throughout the game.

This is WAYYYY more than symbolic.

Sorry...DHB be is still going to be a disappointment no matter what Reggie says, It stinks and I wish it was different but DHB is who many thought he was, Hilton is going to have his ups and downs, Now clearly TY has shown Reggie has had an influence on him but there is going to be ups and downs with him, We just have to hope there will be plenty of ups to keep winning, But TY needs to continue to get plenty of oppurtunities in one way or another, he is dangerous with the ball in his hands

With all the Incognito stuff being reported on, this is a breath of fresh air.

Seems to be a different brand of leadership in the Colts organization, than there is in Miami.

was thinking that myself.  This is true Leadership. Leadership by fear will always cause problems.  Leadership with character is a sign of a champion.

I've long loved the idea of player-coaches, just not in the sense of George Halas. I think letting a guy fulfill positional or assistant coaching duties while being an active player is a good thing both in regards to the fact that it allows them to experience coaching and develop in that manner during their career and it builds that teamwork and chemistry that teams need.

Just don't allow them to make coaching decisions.

Though the concept is somewhat moot, as older QBs are often used as player-coaches for younger players. Hasselbeck is kind of like that now.

Reggie Wayne was the reason for Ty Hilton's 2nd half dominance. I don't know what he said to him, but it worked

No, Hilton was the reason for Hilton's 2nd half dominance.  Reggie just helped to get his head on straight.  But it was Hilton's ability, desire and heart that lead to that 2nd half.