Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne named Assistant WR coach

BronxColtNYC

I heard on the MNF game that Reggie gave the team a speech before the game talking about you never know when your time is up....your career is over so go make the most of it. (paraphrasing) Perhaps taking this position is his way of saying he is hanging up the cleats. All speculation.

I heard on the MNF game that Reggie gave the team a speech before the game talking about you never know when your time is up....your career is over so go make the most of it. (paraphrasing) Perhaps taking this position is his way of saying he is hanging up the cleats. All speculation.

He said in a post game interveiw that he would be back on the field, Just wait and see. Taking this position is keeping him involved with the team while he rehabs. Tap into his knowledge and his leadership abilities. Let him contribute to the team in any way that he can. Why stay at home and rehab when he can be with is teammates and be an active part of the family

I agree many times we have thrown around the idea of Peyton working here after he retires why not him and Reggie?

... and Jeff Saturday...  we'd have the best QB, WR, and O-Line coaches in the biz, I'd bet. Of all of those guys, I could see Saturday having the most success as a HC. He was probably the most respected player around the NFL until his retirement. Intelligent, diplomatic, has a ton of heart... I think that he'd be the perfect successor to Pagano after putting his years in coaching the O-Line... Peyton would make an excellent O-Coordinator... He pretty much coordinated our offense for the last 10 years he was here... Reggie would be an elite receivers coach, but I could also see him being an elite QBs coach... after seeing the way he has helped Luck's development, I'd give him the job in a heartbeat... sorry Clyde.

... and Jeff Saturday... we'd have the best QB, WR, and O-Line coaches in the biz, I'd bet. Of all of those guys, I could see Saturday having the most success as a HC. He was probably the most respected player around the NFL until his retirement. Intelligent, diplomatic, has a ton of heart... I think that he'd be the perfect successor to Pagano after putting his years in coaching the O-Line... Peyton would make an excellent O-Coordinator... He pretty much coordinated our offense for the last 10 years he was here... Reggie would be an elite receivers coach, but I could also see him being an elite QBs coach... after seeing the way he has helped Luck's development, I'd give him the job in a heartbeat... sorry Clyde.

none of that will happen