Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

sherman says wilson is better than luck.

Stephen

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He called the Ravens defense the Bills defense in the postgame interview if that counts haha

And how is it childish? As long as he can back it up I don't see the problem with it

It's childish because you should let your play do the talking for you. He is a great player and don't need to run his mouth non stop. It's called class. 

I don't think Wilson is better, but, eventhough luck is much better than last year, I still think he needs to improve the overall accuracy of his passes, case in point:  against jags, he had Hilton wide-open across the middle and just completely missed him.  t.y. could've walked it in..Hilton isn't reggie wayne in that wayne probably could've made that catch..nevertheless, can't just blame o-line or lack of running-game or quality of receivers, anymore..luck also still throws a lot of passes up for grabs..but, yes, luck is better than Wilson, no doubt..he's much better pure passer..Wilson is at best in play-action and improvisation..

The weeks before Luck was drafted, Sherman stated on the radio here in Seattle that Luck would be the best QB in the league at some point. Mind you, this was as a Rookie corner before he met Wilson. But he assured the listeners that Luck would succeed any of the top passers if he remained healthy. Tons of respect for Luck.

He called the Ravens defense the Bills defense in the postgame interview if that counts haha

And how is it childish? As long as he can back it up I don't see the problem with it

I don't care and have no problem with him saying Wilson is better. But as far as his trash talking goes its annoying ... The only trash talk he is capable of backing up would be relating to his coverage ability, or some other aspect of his position.  The thing is he talks trash about everything; and many of those things have nothing to do with his coverage ability or even the DB position.  So no he can not back up all his trash talk.

I don't see the problem with his trash talking. Everyone does different things, that's his thing so let him do it

People can do a lot of things, it doesn't mean they should.  His trash talk makes him come across as a classless, loud mouth,  blowhard and reflects badly on the Seahawks,

Because it's childish. . . A lot of players can backup quite a bit of trash talk. . . they still don't do it.

Did Manning Trash talk the Ravens after he hung 7 passing TD's on them?

No but what would Manning trash talking accomplish? Nothing but a target on his chest. Shermans trash talking gives him a psychological advantage over his opponent. Its demoralizing knowing that you cant beat your man, especially when he lets you know after every play. Its mind games, and it gets them to play your game opposed to you playing theres. Its the mindset that he is flat out better then you. Period. Its a mindset that an elite corner needs to have and a mindset that im sure Peyton has every time he steps on the field, he just doesnt let you know it.

Don't get me wrong i DO believe luck is the better qb. However, they are very comparable up to this point. they both offer their teams great leadership and slightly different skills on the field. IF sherman was refering to wins then i do believe wilson has the edge.... specially playoffs wins. so the statement isn't out from left field. Both QBs are on the rise and really you can't go wrong with either.... my preference is to Luck and will remain that way.

As a Seahawks fan who's met Sherman a few times at his events, let me give you some insight on the guy, respectfully. 

Coming out of college, there were several rumors that Jim Harbaugh had some disparaging things to say to teams prospectively interested in drafting Sherman. Just rumors but knowing Harbaugh I wouldn't be surprised. Until he started talking, Sherman was a 5th round draft pick, playing for one of the least popular teams in the league, a team that is rarely featured on national television, and hasn't got a lot of history, admittedly. I love my hawks but they aren't a storied franchise. 

Question: how many of you actually knew who Nnamdi Asomugha was until after he had already been a great CB for a couple/few years? If you're being perfectly honest I doubt not many. 

So Sherman talked to get attention. He's a big attention *. No doubt.

But before you judge him based on that I think it's important to realize something - this guy spent basically his entire offseason dedicated to charitable organizations, and no doubt the notoriety he had cooked up by being a talker brought in an immense amount more money than these events would have had he stayed quiet. 

The Richard Sherman Family Foundation, "Blanket Coverage" has had tons of events.

http://www.federalwaymirror.com/sports/224307211.html

Richard Sherman's SWAG campaign (Students With A Goal)

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/With-Richard-Sherman-seeing-is-believing/1ad1b506-c3a2-48cc-8837-c72387fc294f

The Richard Sherman softball game benefitting "Helping a Hero" and other local charities

http://richardshermansoftballgame.webs.com/

These are just a few of his own PERSONAL events and charities. He's been part of probably dozens of others in his time here at seattle. It seemed like every other day he was at some new event. 

When guys are out driving around drunk at 7 am in this league, he was spending his whole off-season trying to help others. And this isn't even a guy who has made his money yet. He was a 5th round pick after the new CBA. This is a guy who grew up in compton but had great enough parents that he stayed clean and earned his way into Standford, where he not only graduated, but returned to pursue his Masters. 

as for the original topic, of course he is going to talk up his QB. 

I can appreciate that hawnknballs wants to present Richard Sherman as a kind, considerate, intelligent, & philanthropic individual. 1 question though: What relevancy does this have regarding NFL rivalry smack talk? Zero, zilch, nada.

Okay, he's a swell guy off the field does that grant him a pardon from what he said about my QB? Nope. The problem with smack talk is this: Eventually, you come across a squad that can hang with you & give your team a run for it's money. Eventually, everyone pays the piper & Richard Sherman will pay his pound of flesh too. It's inevitable. 

Let's line up, kick off, & see where the ball bounces shall we...

lol I guess, but what is he supposed to say? It isn't like Sherman is saying Luck is bad

True David, but why say anything at all? Buckle your chinstrap & prove it 3 hours later.

Confidence will always be confidence until someone else knocks you on your caboose. Humility goes much further than self imposed bravado.

I guess I just admire the silent assassin types. You never see it coming & it hits like a freight train. It appeals to espionage nature I suppose. 

This was a nice feature on Mr. Sherman. I would imagine surviving gang neighborhoods would give you a sense of liberation. He seems to be well adjusted with a good head on his shoulders. I just never saw the point of trash talking period. If you are any good on the field, no showboating or vocal tirades are necessary. To each their own, I guess. IMO greatness needs no self promotion. Everyone can see that for themselves. 

Ahh let the man talk, it's all part of the game, we even had the Jag's players giving out smack pregame. I like Sherman, aside from being a very good player he's got some character at least. No doubt as some point though he will get burnt and it will be interesting to see if he can take his lumps and eat his crow when the time comes. 

I'll also be interested to see how he lines up against us, assigned to cover Reggie? 

White meat > Dark meat

Real sugar > High fructose corn syrup

Tubes > Solid State

Blues > Funk > Rock

Fair Skin > Tan

Spicy > Mild

George Harrison > John Lennon (songwriting)

Ale > Pilsner > Lager

Love > Money

Colts > any other NFL team

I think I disagree with you on some points....but I can't remember which <> is which LOL soldier on!

I think Luck is more valuable to the Colts than Wilson is to the Seahawks. Wilson has a better team around him.

I disagree. This is not the Peyton days anymore. This team is very good and only getting better. This new Colts team would have a shot at winning with Matt Hasselbeck. 

As far as who is better between Luck and Wilson. Only the media asks those questions so they have something to talk about. Given the choice, all 32 front offices would choose Luck every time and that includes the Seahawks. 

I don't care and have no problem with him saying Wilson is better. But as far as his trash talking goes its annoying ... The only trash talk he is capable of backing up would be relating to his coverage ability, or some other aspect of his position. The thing is he talks trash about everything; and many of those things have nothing to do with his coverage ability or even the DB position. So no he can not back up all his trash talk.

People can do a lot of things, it doesn't mean they should. His trash talk makes him come across as a classless, loud mouth, blowhard and reflects badly on the Seahawks,

The way I see it, they have the best secondary & are the best team in the NFC so I really don't think anything reflects badly on them

The way I see it, they have the best secondary & are the best team in the NFC so I really don't think anything reflects badly on them

Heck, they're probably the best team in the NFL at this point as well. They are one of those teams that can do as much trash talking as they want and no other team's players are going to complain or say much back lol.

He talks too much for my taste, but it's part of his game.  He likes to get in people's heads and he's good at it...AND he backs it up.  I got no issue with it.  Best way to silence a guy like that is to outplay him.  If you can't do it, then you're going to get an earful.  But if he wants to talk smack, let him talk smack.  Part of the game.  And as for the original quote, I don't think it qualifies as smack talk.  He's just backing up his QB.  He's supposed to. 

And for whoever called him an *, that's just plain wrong.  He's a smart guy who does good things off the field.  In a game where too many players throw away opportunities by getting DUIs or worse, I'll take Sherman's talking and conduct off the field any day.

Because right now he is at this point in there careers to be honest, I really like Wilson, both on and off the field

I'm not sure people know his college career at NC State and then deciding to play his final year of eligibility at Wisconsin, after he graduated college.  He had a Big Ten team in contention for National Championship until the end of the season. And he had a last second heartbreak loss in the Rose Bowl to the Oregon Ducks. Luck's pre draft hype overshadowed Wilson (and of course, his Drew Brees -esque height didn't help).  Wilson is quite good, and was one of Gruden featured QB's on his QB school series on ESPN.  I'm sure it is more than 'just backin up my team mate'  talk here, and deservedly so.  Wilson has earned his respect.  And I'm quite happy we got Andrew Luck.  And I hope our Colts team back him just as vociferously as Sherman did Wilson. (I believe Redding already has! Sideline soundbite)

White meat > Dark meat

Real sugar > High fructose corn syrup

Tubes > Solid State

Blues > Funk > Rock

Fair Skin > Tan

Spicy > Mild

George Harrison > John Lennon (songwriting)

Ale > Pilsner > Lager

Love > Money

Colts > any other NFL team

Preach it brother!! 

:facepalm:

That's his QB Stephen! He's supposed to say that. Vontae Davis would say the same about his QB if he got asked who's better between Luck or RG3. Vontae would say Luck is better

He's also a top 3 CB in the NFL. I believe he can talk if he wants. He can back it up so why not

I think Vontae is right there with Sherman, to be honest.  The thing is, he just goes about his business -- whether that is Vontae's choice or Pagano's orders, I don't know.

I think Vontae is right there with Sherman, to be honest. The thing is, he just goes about his business -- whether that is Vontae's choice or Pagano's orders, I don't know.

That's arguable. Vontae has definitely been solid for us since day one. Barring injury, he's easily our best CB. Barely hear his name called during games. Except last week cause obviously Blaine Gabbert didn't get the memo about not throwing to Vontae. He should've asked Matt Schuab about that