Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dion Jordan: "I never lost to Andrew Luck. I don't plan on it."

Dustin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be, got his 1st sack against of the best LT's in the NFL in Thomas. 

Meh I saw the play, Jordan got the sack but Thomas had him shut down until Weeden crumbled under pressure (which was not put on by Jordan) and gift wrapped himself to Jordan, Then it looled as if Thomas took it for granted that Jordan was quitting on the play because Jordan did stop his movements briefly before Weeden took several steps towards him, I just wasn't impressed on that play. Credit to him of course he after all had to make the play however, Just putting it into perspective, it was a nice sack and I like Jordans potential with each game that will go by and he learns more

Should be. Wake is one of the best, if not the best, DE in the NFL. Jordan will get a lot more playing time so we'll see.

We will see what happens come sunday. Yea jordan and wake might get their sacks but when it comes down to winning the game I wouldn't have anyone else but our qb back there. Wake or jordan don't intimidate him I promise

Dion Jordan has all the right to be confident.

Do you think he's going to say "I never lost to Andrew Luck and I plan on losing this weekend."? No. 

he does have the right to be confident and i like his enthusiasm. he isn't afraid to speak up even as a rookie. But what luck has on him is experience in the NFL. Luck has faced faced better DE/OLB then Jordan i.e Clay Mathews, Ray Lewis, Suggs, J.J. Watt just to name a few and Dion Jordan is just a rookie who luck could very well make look exactly like that, a Rookie. again though, i like his enthusiasm 

I'd be really upset if I cared knew who Dion Jordan was.  (Assuming he's on the Dolphins but too lazy to look him up).

Words are like bullets.  You can't take them back.  Now Miami has to win according to this gentleman.

Not a big draft person huh?

he does have the right to be confident and i like his enthusiasm. he isn't afraid to speak up even as a rookie. But what luck has on him is experience in the NFL. Luck has faced faced better DE/OLB then Jordan i.e Clay Mathews, Ray Lewis, Suggs, J.J. Watt just to name a few and Dion Jordan is just a rookie who luck could very well make look exactly like that, a Rookie. again though, i like his enthusiasm 

I don't think he was trying to scare Luck in this whole thing.

Even if Luck is sacked multiple times unless he doesn't turn the ball over the Colts will still win.  Obviously the Colts experienced him getting sacked a gazillion times last year and 4 times last week and they still find ways to win the game.

Now it sure isn't a good thing.  We don't want to see our franchise continue to get sacked, pressured, hurried and knocked down multiple times a game.

1. The college game is very different than the pro game.  Just because he was able to do really well against college offensive linemen, doesn't mean he will have the same success as a pro.  Furthermore, he is still a rookie.

2. That is a very bad mentality to have, in my opinion.  Never make it "me vs. so and so player", it's always team vs. team.  There was an instance in the past where Rex Ryan said he viewed a Pats/Jets game as Rex Ryan vs. Bill Belichick.  Belichick said it's the Patriots vs. the Jets.  When you make it me vs. you, you set yourself up to look foolish and you make yourself look selfish because it seems as though you are playing for yourself and trying to attract attention to yourself.

Overall, this is a non-story.  I am a big fan of Dion Jordan though.

Dion Jordan is definitely acting foolish as all rookies do. Most fans of the Dolphins appreciate his confidence, yet we would prefer a little bit more wisdom.

He did beat Joe Thomas for his first sack. As you know, Thomas is consider by many to be the best left tackle in the NFL. Jordan needs to learn many things about the NFL game, but I would not be so quick to discount his skills.

Dolphin fan thinks the Colts are just going to roll over. It's kind of funny to me. I have almost zero confidence Tannehill is who the pundits and a click of fans think he is or going to be. Every NFL team has  some capacity to get after the other team. It'll be a ball game, but smart money takes the team at home with the better QB and offensive weapons. 

Really? most fans are taking this as a measuring stick game to see how much we have improved from last season. Do yourself a favor and watch Tannehill play. You will see a calm and collected leader of the offense who can sling the ball. his accuracy when throwing outside the numbers is very good. His weakness is the placement of his deep throws.

I am confident our offense will look better than they did against the Browns.

This game could be won by either team. To me, the game hinges on how Luck plays against our D and how well our D can pressure Luck. Right now, my heart says Miami wins 27-24, but my head is saying Indy

Here are summary stats from the Oregon vs Stanford games to which Mr. Jordon refers.  Seems to me, other than the two picks, Andrew had very good games.  Perhaps it was Oregon's offense that was the victor and NOT Mr. Jordon's defenses against Andrew. 

Top Performers 2011 Oregon vs Stanford   (Oregon 53 Stanford 30)

Passing: A. Luck (STAN) - 256 YDS, 3 TD, 2 INT

Rushing: L. James (ORE) - 20 CAR, 146 YDS, 3 TD

Receiving: G. Whalen (STAN) - 9 REC, 107 YDS, 2 TD

Top Performers 2010 Oregon vs Stanford  (Oregon 52 Stanford 31)

Passing: A. Luck (STAN) - 341 YDS, 2 TD, 2 INT

Rushing: L. James (ORE) - 31 CAR, 257 YDS, 3 TD

Receiving: G. Whalen (STAN) - 5 REC, 78 YDS, 1 TD

At any rate, hardly something he should be bragging about prior to the match-up of the Colts vs Miami.  GO COLTS.

But if we're being completely honest with ourselves here, Luck's Stanford line was probably better than what he has right now. Like, I'm guessing that Stanford line would've faired better against pros than our line is currently 

So you really think Stanfords O-line can outplay a NFL O-line? Stanford faces college players and those players are better than the D-Lines of NFL teams??   :sigh:

Luck's LT is the Dolphins LT ;p

This is what passes for smack talk these days though?  This is incredibly mild guys.  Here is a list of stuff that was also said in that same interview:

- Luck is a great QB
- He's made a lot of plays, especially last year as a rookie
- He does a good job of making people miss in the pocket
- In college, hes already at the professional mindset
- He controlled his team
- His guys looked up to and followed him because he had that type of insight

Onoz!  Bulletin Board! ;p

Heck Randy Starks gave his own bench the finger after a sack last week.  That was much much more entertaining.

So you really think Stanfords O-line can outplay a NFL O-line? Stanford faces college players and those players are better than the D-Lines of NFL teams??   :sigh:

How many of Stanford's linemen from the years Luck was there are in the league and playing quality football? It's really not that much of a stretch to say Stanford"s line might've been better than what we had last year

I just had a gawk over at a dolphins forum. They are completely writing of the Colts. It's ridiculous. Luck will absolutely abuse their secondary. He probably takes more than a couple sacks but when did that ever stop #12. Completely unimpressed with Ryan Tannehill. To be honest, I don't think their offense is particularly scary.

How many of Stanford's linemen from the years Luck was there are in the league and playing quality football? It's really not that much of a stretch to say Stanford"s line might've been better than what we had last year

Not that much of a stretch?  Sorry, I don't buy into that and I doubt there would be too many that would agree. 

Caneron Wake is a strong side DE. He gets all his sacks running through or around the fat guy and/or the TE. Dion Jordan is on the weak side as a hybrid DE/OLB. I'd be very concerned about them sharing the field together with the inside pressure coming from Randy Starks and Paul Solai. Apparently they are putting in a speed package this week where those two and Olvier Verson (starting weak DE) will all be out there. Good Luck.

On a side note: Dion never lost to Luck, but he never sacked him either. And Stanford's/Luck's LT was Jonathan Martin - Starting LT for Miami.

Caneron Wake is a strong side DE. He gets all his sacks running through or around the fat guy and/or the TE. Dion Jordan is on the weak side as a hybrid DE/OLB. I'd be very concerned about them sharing the field together with the inside pressure coming from Randy Starks and Paul Solai. Apparently they are putting in a speed package this week where those two and Olvier Verson (starting weak DE) will all be out there. Good Luck.

On a side note: Dion never lost to Luck, but he never sacked him either. And Stanford's/Luck's LT was Jonathan Martin - Starting LT for Miami.

Jonathon Martin meet Robert Mathis..