Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's that time.... LETS TALK RAIDERS!

ell_chrisso

FINALLY!

Throw out all your roster predictions, and season expectations as its time to transfer it all from paper to field!

I along with many others on here can't keep stressing how excited we are for this NFL season more than any other. Our team has such potential to love upto.

So, how are things going to turn out in our first match-up against Pryor & the under estimated Raiders?

We are at home so I feel very confident on starting with the W. I'm going to with a 34-23 score line.

What does our team need to achieve this week and who should we be looking to stop, or avoid on the Raiders D?

Sunday PLEASE HURRY!

LETS GO COLTS!

I just want to win. Often times week one can be ugly games. Because it is opening day, if we beat the Raiders by 3 or 4 scores then I will be impressed, because that is very hard to do on opening day even if the opponent is horrible. I envision a 27-10 type of game that we control for 3 quarters and give up a garbage TD late.

Is there such a thing as a 'trap' game in the very first game?  If so, this would be the prototype.

If McFadden goes wild.....we are in trouble.  Pryor runs better than Josh Johnson of the Bengals and he ran us into the ground (Yes it was 3rd stringers...and Angerer.)

I actually hope we start out fast....and never put on the brakes.  Colts 27-12....4 Janikowski FGs.

IndianapolisColts4x6400dpiBottleCap.jpg

Predict all you want, I'd rather talk about what people think the Raiders are going to do.  How are they going to attack us with their O.  Who are they going to game plan against?  What do they consider a mismatch in their favor?

On D, are they going to keep a S in the box or make us prove we can run?  Are they going to blitz up the middle against our weak spots??

Predict all you want, I'd rather talk about what people think the Raiders are going to do.  How are they going to attack us with their O.  Who are they going to game plan against?  What do they consider a mismatch in their favor?

On D, are they going to keep a S in the box or make us prove we can run?  Are they going to blitz up the middle against our weak spots??

Pryor is going to run the ball. McFadden is still a really good back, but the Raiders OL has not looked good.

Will we disguise our defense so well that we make Pryor/Flynn's head(s) spin?  That is my hope.

With their OL problems.....they are going to try to run it down our throats....a TON of misdirection and maybe some trickery.  They will pull out some strings to avoid us hitting them early and often with what should be a 'blitzkrieg' of an offense.  LOS will be ROCKING!!!!!! :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :pass: !!!!!!!!

Pryor is going to run the ball. McFadden is still a really good back, but the Raiders OL has not looked good.

Will we disguise our defense so well that we make Pryor/Flynn's head(s) spin?  That is my hope.

With their OL problems.....they are going to try to run it down our throats....a TON of misdirection and maybe some trickery.  They will pull out some strings to avoid us hitting them early and often with what should be a 'blitzkrieg' of an offense.  LOS will be ROCKING!!!!!! :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :pass: !!!!!!!!

I keep trying to make a case for the Raiders, just because I know it's 'any given Sunday...'.  But I just can't find a way for them to win the game.

Even if they run it down our throats, they're still going to have to throw the ball and I think we'll have that covered.  Like the KC game last year, they ran at will in between the 20s but only scored one TD.

I also can't see how they stop our passing game.  I'm still not sure if Allen is playing, but we have so  many weapons it's going to be tough for them to cover all of them.

I keep trying to make a case for the Raiders, just because I know it's 'any given Sunday...'.  But I just can't find a way for them to win the game.

Even if they run it down our throats, they're still going to have to throw the ball and I think we'll have that covered.  Like the KC game last year, they ran at will in between the 20s but only scored one TD.

I also can't see how they stop our passing game.  I'm still not sure if Allen is playing, but we have so  many weapons it's going to be tough for them to cover all of them.

Keep in mind they run a West Coast scheme, They have plenty of mismatches against us

1.Whoever lines up across from Mcglynn is a mismatch

2.Lamarr Houston on Castonzo is a mismatch

3.Pat Sims vs Samson Satele is a mismatch

4.Davis Ausberry (even though he did not produce hardly any last year) can still get down the field some and force our Linebackers to cover

5.Jacoby Ford on special teams vs our special teams? yeah I expect that to be a long day even if we keep him out of the end zone

I expect they will try to run it down our throats with there Man blocking scheme but I also expect to see some Draws and plenty of Counter runs to keep our Linebackers off balance, Dont know if you still have the Bengals and Colts preseason game still but there were plenty of plays where the Bengals kept contain and did not overpursuit outside of 1 play by Williams in the 2nd quarter at the 5:59 mark that  went for 23 yards (Many of there run contains is what our Linebackers should be doing...Not flowing hard to the running back 

Keep in mind they run a West Coast scheme, They have plenty of mismatches against us

1.Whoever lines up across from Mcglynn is a mismatch

2.Lamarr Houston on Castonzo is a mismatch

3.Pat Sims vs Samson Satele is a mismatch

4.Davis Ausberry (even though he did not produce hardly any last year) can still get down the field some and force our Linebackers to cover

5.Jacoby Ford on special teams vs our special teams? yeah I expect that to be a long day even if we keep him out of the end zone

I expect they will try to run it down our throats with there Man blocking scheme but I also expect to see some Draws and plenty of Counter runs to keep our Linebackers off balance, Dont know if you still have the Bengals and Colts preseason game still but there were plenty of plays where the Bengals kept contain and did not overpursuit outside of 1 play by Williams in the 2nd quarter at the 5:59 mark that  went for 23 yards (Many of there run contains is what our Linebackers should be doing...Not flowing hard to the running back 

Unfortunately, I didn't get the Bengals game on DVR.  I figured that after the first two series there really wasn't much applicable anyway.  I did see Hard Knocks last night, it's interesting seeing a bit of the game from the ground level and what it meant to borderline players.  It did seem like everytime the Bengals completed a pass, Vaughn was being beat.

I expect them to gameplan McGlynn and Satele, I'm sure our coaches know that too.  The roll out or bootleg with Luck is nearly impossible to defend.  But I hope we don't have to rely on that.

We couldn't ask for a better opponent to open the season.  Not that we should take them lightly, just that it's a great opportunity to work out the kinks and run our game plan without thinking we'll get blown out. 

I am trying to do my best Lou Holtz impression too. When I repeat it back to myself it sounds more like Si Robertson though.

Pryor's mobility and RunDMC's  skills are IMO the only thing that are a threat to our D. Corners cant cover all day if we repeatedly let him escape the pocket and extend plays or run for big gains, the more our DBs will be peeking back to contain him which allows their Wide outs to get open and pick up big passing plays.

As for our Offense, I feel our biggest goal to be successful is the same as it will be for every game and that is blocking. We have play makers all over, but the Oline has to give them time/room for the plays to be made.

Our defensive focus needs to be contain the edges while our offense should be control the LOS. -- which I really the focus of every game

This shouldn't be a challenge.

Raiders offense doesn't scare me. McFadden is in shambles and Pryor is a unproven quarterback with almost no targets to throw it too. Plus they have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL.

They have Charles Woodson and Pats Sims, two of their best playmakers on defense, but not enough to stop Luck and the gang.

Colts are at home. I think Colts win 35-9.

Pryor's mobility and RunDMC's  skills are IMO the only thing that are a threat to our D. Corners cant cover all day if we repeatedly let him escape the pocket and extend plays or run for big gains, the more our DBs will be peeking back to contain him which allows their Wide outs to get open and pick up big passing plays.

As for our Offense, I feel our biggest goal to be successful is the same as it will be for every game and that is blocking. We have play makers all over, but the Oline has to give them time/room for the plays to be made.

Our defensive focus needs to be contain the edges while our offense should be control the LOS. -- which I really the focus of every game

I anticipate them coming out and running sweeps with Pryor rolling out and McFadden cutting back.  They'll average about 8 to 10 yards a play and move the ball to our 30.  Then our D will tighten up forcing SeaBass on the field.

After that we adjust and they don't gain the same amount of yards the rest of the half as they did in their first drive.  In the second half we go conservative with a big enough lead.  This puts them back in the game until we go back to our game plan and put it out of reach in the 4th Q.

In the meantime, a half dozen threads will be started complaining about the O line and the lack of pass rush.  We'll win the game but many forum members will not be satisfied since we didn't dominate a poor team.

(Does this sound like deja vu all over again?)