Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's that time.... LETS TALK RAIDERS!

ell_chrisso

if our defense doesnt pitch a shut out then all the defensive hoopla leading up to the season is garbage. your facing an inexperience qb, good, but not great wrs, and a oft-injured rb.

its the first game of the season. shutouts are rare in the NFL as it is. i don't see it happening

This shouldn't be a challenge.

Raiders offense doesn't scare me. McFadden is in shambles and Pryor is a unproven quarterback with almost no targets to throw it too. Plus they have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL.

They have Charles Woodson and Pats Sims, two of their best playmakers on defense, but not enough to stop Luck and the gang.

Colts are at home. I think Colts win 35-9.

Ehh I don't believe Charles Woodson is much of a playmaker anymore just revisit the our game vs the packets last year Reggie owned Woodson..

if our defense doesnt pitch a shut out then all the defensive hoopla leading up to the season is garbage. your facing an inexperience qb, good, but not great wrs, and a oft-injured rb.

I see where youre coming from, but IMO this is dead wrong. Pryor, for all his flaws, can run like RG3 and make plays. McFadden's performance will determine how much better our D has gotten. Our run-d was so terrible last year, if he puts up big numbers behind that terrible O-line, then we are in for a long season, but I dont expect that to be the case.

FINALLY!

Throw out all your roster predictions, and season expectations as its time to transfer it all from paper to field!

I along with many others on here can't keep stressing how excited we are for this NFL season more than any other. Our team has such potential to love upto.

So, how are things going to turn out in our first match-up against Pryor & the under estimated Raiders?

We are at home so I feel very confident on starting with the W. I'm going to with a 34-23 score line.

What does our team need to achieve this week and who should we be looking to stop, or avoid on the Raiders D?

Sunday PLEASE HURRY!

LETS GO COLTS!

Our defense should be able to hold Oakland to 10 points or less..

Our offense should be good for 35-40 points.

If not.. I would be shocked.

Colts 38-10

24-10 or 28-3, somewhere along those numbers. Colts could completely blow them out but with the new emphasis on running the ball, we will go conservative with a decent lead. Maybe even rest a few starters mid 4th quarter (Just players who had minor injuries in preseason)

Line is at 10. It's a good line because I equally want to be on each side of it. I'm 99.9% sure we will win the game - this will be the only time you may hear me say that all season. But I think Pryor can make some broken plays into big gains against a defense that might not be playing it's best yet and keep this closer than it should be.

I could also see us winning 24-7

I really don't know which way to go... I wish I wasn't a paranoid fan sometimes. I will probably bet on the Raiders covering somehow and hope that we blow them out and my money gets taken.

I think Luck has a clean day - as I said in "Press your Luck v.1". I think he does a 18/29 for 231 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions and has that rating over 100 to start things off. He might miss a few throws that he won't in the games to come as thte season goes on. I think Bradshaw and Ballard share about 15 carries each for about 55 yards each. Maybe one for 60 yards and the other for 30.

I'm going to be watching which receivers get open often. I think thats important to see early on. I am hoping for a big day out of Fleener. I think he needs it.

I keep trying to make a case for the Raiders, just because I know it's 'any given Sunday...'.  But I just can't find a way for them to win the game.

Even if they run it down our throats, they're still going to have to throw the ball and I think we'll have that covered.  Like the KC game last year, they ran at will in between the 20s but only scored one TD.

I also can't see how they stop our passing game.  I'm still not sure if Allen is playing, but we have so  many weapons it's going to be tough for them to cover all of them.

As a Raiders fan, im pretty sure they wont win. The only way it will be a close game is if DMAC lights it up with the new power blocking scheme he was a beast with a few years ago (and hopefully Colts are still close to worst in the league at stopping the run). With Dmac and Pryor putting up big numbers (rushing), 0 turnovers from the Raiders, it might be a close loss for us lol (unless for some crazy reason the colts commit a few turnovers).  Realistically I expect the Colts to put up a few quick tds and Raiders trying to play catch up with 3's from Jano all game long from around 50 yard range. Jano will miss at least one kick since he doesn't seem to mesh well with his new holder Marquette King

As a Raiders fan, im pretty sure they wont win. The only way it will be a close game is if DMAC lights it up with the new power blocking scheme he was a beast with a few years ago (and hopefully Colts are still close to worst in the league at stopping the run). With Dmac and Pryor putting up big numbers (rushing), 0 turnovers from the Raiders, it might be a close loss for us lol (unless for some crazy reason the colts commit a few turnovers).  Realistically I expect the Colts to put up a few quick tds and Raiders trying to play catch up with 3's from Jano all game long from around 50 yard range. Jano will miss at least one kick since he doesn't seem to mesh well with his new holder Marquette King

The Colts are committed to improving their run D this year. If become a middle of the pack defense it's a success.

I don't like to take any team lightly, and as a Buckeye I wish Pryor the best. That said, I think the 10 point spread is fair.

Is the big question with Raider fans Manziel or Bridgestreet?

The Colts are committed to improving their run D this year. If become a middle of the pack defense it's a success.

I don't like to take any team lightly, and as a Buckeye I wish Pryor the best. That said, I think the 10 point spread is fair.

if they take Johnny football their troubles will continue. its like al is still alive

Bridgewater

Manziel has Ryan Leaf written all over him.

I don't really see how the Raiders improved during the off season... at least not immediately. They do have two new quarterbacks, and Pryor is lively on his feet which makes opposing defenses stay on theirs. If he has to rely on the pass I have a feeling our defense is going to have a big game especially the corners. May the ghost of Al Davis loom large forever.

large.jpg

Peace. Well, kind of... I keed.