Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pete Prisco predictions

jvan1973

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/23148716/predicting-every-nfl-game-no-perfect-records-but-a-few-surprises

he has the colts going 7-9. But he has the Bengals winning the super bowl. I'm convinced he is wrong on both counts

I am not buying it....or the new Prisco burger at Hardees either....10-6 or 11-5....and I hope I am wrong...win em all Colts!!!   :)

I generally don't mind Prisco as far as talking heads go. While I do think we will be better than 7-9 (9-11 wins and get in the playoffs is my expectation), I give him credit and respect for literally picking every game to come up with records. That is much more than most do so I will give credit where credit is due. It's all opinion at this point anyways--plenty of other analysists have us at that 7 win mark. Don't hate so much just because someone thinks we won't live up to the high expectations us fans have put on the team this year. I hope not, but he may very well be right. There are plenty of question marks on this team at the present from the HC on down so calling for a regression this year is not out of line. That said, after watching Luck against the Giants, I'm pretty confident we will be in the playoffs.

Not buying the Bengals hype at all.

That defense is nasty. It's really about Dalton. I have watched a lot of Bengals over the last 6 years (best friend I watch football is a big fan), and the shift in the franchise is profound. They will be a top 5 D this year. They have the weapons on O if Dalton can step up and make it happen.

Not buying the Bengals hype at all.

They're being a little over-hyped i think.

I don't see why anyone would pick them to win the Superbowl but they're almost a lock to make the playoffs and that's not been the case for some time. I think people are just getting a little carried away.

To be fair though, it's hard to find an area that you could pinpoint as a potential weakness. Decent O-Line, good receivers (including TEs), pretty nice RB tandem and good across the board defensively. It would seem that they only really need Dalton to step up to be a real contender.

That defense is nasty. It's really about Dalton. I have watched a lot of Bengals over the last 6 years (best friend I watch football is a big fan), and the shift in the franchise is profound. They will be a top 5 D this year. They have the weapons on O if Dalton can step up and make it happen.

atkins is, IMO, the best DT right now... they just need Dalton to take it to the next level like you said.

Prisco 2012 predictions...He was wrong on everyone except the Dolphins and Bengals.

1. New England Patriots 16-0 1. New York Giants 13-3 2. New York Jets 7-9 2. Dallas Cowboys 11-5 3. Buffalo Bills 7-9 3. Philadelphia Eagles 11-5 4. Miami Dolphins 7-9 4. Washington Redskins 3-13 AFC South NFC South 1. Houston Texans 9-7 1. Atlanta Falcons 12-4 2. Tennessee Titans 7-9 2. New Orleans Saints 9-7 3. Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 3. Carolina Panthers 5-11 4. Indianapolis Colts 1-15 4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3-13 AFC North NFC North 1. Cincinnati Bengals 10-6 1. Green Bay Packers 14-2 2. Pittsburgh Steelers 10-6 2. Chicago Bears 10-6 3. Baltimore Ravens 9-7 3. Detroit Lions 9-7 4. Cleveland Browns 1-15 4. Minnesota Vikings 3-13 AFC West NFC West 1. Denver Broncos 11-5 1. Arizona Cardinals 10-6 2. San Diego Chargers 10-6 2. San Francisco 49ers 9-7 3. Oakland Raiders 8-8 3. Seattle Seahawks 7-9 4. Kansas City Chiefs 6-10 4. St. Louis Rams 4-12  

Playoffs

First-round byes: AFC -- Patriots, Broncos. NFC -- Packers, Giants
Wild-card round: AFC -- Bengals 21, Chargers 17; Texans 24, Steelers 20
Wild-card round: NFC -- Cowboys 28, Cardinals 17; Falcons 33, Eagles 30
Divisional round: AFC -- Patriots 31, Texans 23; Bengals 20, Broncos 17
Divisional round: NFC -- Packers 27, Cowboys 21; Giants 23, Falcons 17
Championship Games: AFC -- Patriots 28, Bengals 14; NFC -- Packers 30, Giants 24
Super Bowl: Packers 37, Patriots 31

I generally don't mind Prisco as far as talking heads go. While I do think we will be better than 7-9 (9-11 wins and get in the playoffs is my expectation), I give him credit and respect for literally picking every game to come up with records. That is much more than most do so I will give credit where credit is due. It's all opinion at this point anyways--plenty of other analysists have us at that 7 win mark. Don't hate so much just because someone thinks we won't live up to the high expectations us fans have put on the team this year. I hope not, but he may very well be right. There are plenty of question marks on this team at the present from the HC on down so calling for a regression this year is not out of line. That said, after watching Luck against the Giants, I'm pretty confident we will be in the playoffs.

I would say your being generous there, I did the same thing on an earlier thread, should I get credit and respect for it? No, because it's the logical way to work out your predictions. 

Predicting is a fool's game but even still looking at his 2012 picks I have my doubts about his abilities. Some were just...odd. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/23148716/predicting-every-nfl-game-no-perfect-records-but-a-few-surprises

he has the colts going 7-9. But he has the Bengals winning the super bowl. I'm convinced he is wrong on both counts

He is no Carnac the Magnificent  this is from Prisco  last year .

As you rip the idea of an undefeated season, I dare you do find a loss on the New England Patriots' schedule as of right now.

Pick one. I couldn't. I have the Patriots rolling to a second undefeated regular season in the past five years.

Of course, it's probably not going to happen. But that's what made this so much fun to do.

I had no idea the Pats would be 16-0 until I tallied up the records after inputting all the scores.

There were other surprises. Among them:

• The Ravens, Saints, 49ers and Lions -- four playoff teams from 2011 -- missing out on the playoffs.

• The Cardinals winning the NFC West.

• Two 1-15 teams in the AFC (Indianapolis and Cleveland).

• Cincinnati winning the AFC North.

• Three playoff teams from the NFC East.

The Super Bowl teams were the Patriots and the Packers in what would be a quarterback dream game with Tom Brady going against Aaron Rodgers. The winner was the Packers, which means it would be the second time the Patriots came within a Super victory of a perfect season.

It all seems so crazy now. And injuries surely will have an impact on the path most every team takes.

For now, pick the list apart, scream at it, yell at me and print it out so that in late December you can light me up like your Christmas tree.

I would say your being generous there, I did the same thing on an earlier thread, should I get credit and respect for it? No, because it's the logical way to work out your predictions. 

Predicting is a fool's game but even still looking at his 2012 picks I have my doubts about his abilities. Some were just...odd. 

Well then I give you credit and respect too---most who pick records don't pick every game for every team; they just throw out numbers.

If predicting is a fools game, then how do abilities fit into it? It's opinion based on what you perceive as changes throughout the league. Sure some were odd, but I bet he and I would say the same thing about some of your picks.

People get way too offended when someone doesn't say the Colts will be a winning playoff team. Let them have their opinions and don't take it personally. That's my point.

Well then I give you credit and respect too---most who pick records don't pick every game for every team; they just throw out numbers.

If predicting is a fools game, then how do abilities fit into it? It's opinion based on what you perceive as changes throughout the league. Sure some were odd, but I bet he and I would say the same thing about some of your picks.

People get way too offended when someone doesn't say the Colts will be a winning playoff team. Let them have their opinions and don't take it personally. That's my point.

All fair points, though I'm not offended by his prediction for the Colts, we were 7 or so coin flips away from having a similar record last season. I merely disagree with his opinion on a number of his predictions. No doubt as you said you'd think the same about mine :P Thats why its a fools games as no one will ever be 100% right and even the best analysis goes put the window with the first kick off.

I however didn't say it wasn't a fun game to play :P

I don't give him credit for going through this exercise. No more than anyone else who does this.

But I do give him credit for manning up about his terribly wrong prediction on the Colts in 2012. How anyone could have predicted that we'd be 1-15, I don't know. But at least he publicly admitted how stupid he was.

I don't give him credit for going through this exercise. No more than anyone else who does this.

But I do give him credit for manning up about his terribly wrong prediction on the Colts in 2012. How anyone could have predicted that we'd be 1-15, I don't know. But at least he publicly admitted how stupid he was.

It was one that caught my eye certainly from his 2012 picks, also didn't get why he was so down on the 49ers and high on the Cardinals. But hindsight is of course a fine thing and as you say he did man up.

Agree too about the little credit for doing the leg work to write the article!

I am not buying it....or the new Prisco burger at Hardees either....10-6 or 11-5....and I hope I am wrong...win em all Colts!!!   :)

I think your prediction is safe,and with as good as this D has a chance of being who knows . :yahoo: Ready to get the party started  :disco:    :rawr:

I think your prediction is safe,and with as good as this D has a chance of being who knows . :yahoo:

My fear is one or two key secondary injuries....and LT....we are a couple of injuries away from mediocrity....yet could contend for the championship.

For once I would love to see us have a year with only a few injuries overall.  Chemistry and continuity are HUGE!!!

My fear is one or two key secondary injuries....and LT....we are a couple of injuries away from mediocrity....yet could contend for the championship.

For once I would love to see us have a year with only a few injuries overall.  Chemistry and continuity are HUGE!!!

Brother im with you on concerns,but are not most good teams in the same boat ? Just a few key injuries from mediocrity ?Then it becomes a thing of mind set,and coaching,and as we Marines say the ability to adapt and overcome.That is the mindset this team must have.Also these rookies on the OL have to work theyre tails off to be ready in the Secondary as well as the OL.

Brother im with you on concerns,but are not most good teams in the same boat ? Just a few key injuries from mediocrity ?Then it becomes a thing of mind set,and coaching,and as we Marines say the ability to adapt and overcome.That is the mindset this team must have.Also these rookies on the OL have to work theyre tails off to be ready in the Secondary as well as the OL.

Agreed...sometimes a team gets lucky and is healthier than others at season's end....not that I want to be lucky.  You know I like a team that dominates!!! (But we already have Luck)  :)